Lunenburg benefits from meals tax, ot...

Lunenburg benefits from meals tax, other municipalities don't

There are 1 comment on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Apr 7, 2012, titled Lunenburg benefits from meals tax, other municipalities don't. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Some of the struggling cities and towns across the Bay State have brought in nearly half a billion dollars since July 2009 by levying an additional tax on meals and hotel rooms, but most north central Massachusetts municipalities are saying they'll pass.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Veteran

Leominster, MA

#1 Apr 7, 2012
It's to bad you had your insurance go up well, mine did also but, I could not ask the tax payer to help me though. I retired last year now I'm looking for part time work because property taxes aer going up and we are struggling already.
I do not go out to eat in Lunenburg any longer I just can't afford the 7% increase.
When I see the tree trimmers hiding a truck and the men sitting in it for hours doing nothing I think that may be a wast of tax dollars, should some one from the town be checking on them?
When you open the recycling of yard waste should they be checking what town they come from? That should be a volunteer doing the same job. Give it to me I will sit if you lighten my property taxes, I put my name in to the town to volunteer but, never heard from anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lunenburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SJC grants new trial to homeless man in trespas... 15 hr Golf club 3
News City kicks off annual Civic Days at Riverfront ... 15 hr Golf club 2
News Vacant home on Rollstone Road in Fitchburg dama... 16 hr Voters love LYNCH 1
News Fitchburg Mayor DiNatale may have met his match... 16 hr Voters love LYNCH 2
Just Another Tuesday Tue Cedar Street momm... 10
remember that lynch is out of his mind Jun 26 Anthony Zeppole 5
News Coast Guard: Body recovered from Gulf sailboat ... Jun 24 Think About It 2

Lunenburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lunenburg Mortgages