Pepperell mulls going it alone

Pepperell mulls going it alone

There are 5 comments on the Nashoba Publishing story from Dec 31, 2010, titled Pepperell mulls going it alone. In it, Nashoba Publishing reports that:

These days, Jonna Clermont's chance meetings with local residents often turn into instant summits about the potential merger between the North Middlesex Regional and Lunenburg school districts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nashoba Publishing.

Pepperell Resident

Brookline, NH

#1 Jan 7, 2011
The high school needs more than an upgrade - it needs to be torn down. It would be a good idea for Pepperell to pull out of the district as long as it is economically feasible. It's a shame to see Peter Fitz only being used for administrative offices.
Parent of School Age Kids

Hollis, NH

#2 Jan 7, 2011
Just seeing in black and white that I am not the only parent in town who would prefer Pepperell gracefully remove itself from NMRSD and go it alone made me feel like there might be hope. It's a concept I hope will be seriously explored and I pray it might actually come to fruition.
Really

Gardner, MA

#3 Jan 7, 2011
Doesn't the town of Pepperell only own 1 of its schools? They would have to buy out the remaining schools....
oust the incompetence

Pepperell, MA

#4 Jan 7, 2011
Pepperell Resident wrote:
The high school needs more than an upgrade - it needs to be torn down. It would be a good idea for Pepperell to pull out of the district as long as it is economically feasible. It's a shame to see Peter Fitz only being used for administrative offices.
If it's not viable financially for Pepperell to separate from the district, for crying out loud, the town needs to get some new leadership in the school district! The compensation paid to members of the already bloated central office staff is unconscionable! Thanks to the SC Chair and some others for binding Pepperell to this "brilliant" leader...always proposing BIG IDEAS but evidencing little in results (as far as the improvement in education quality is concerned). How much longer will it take for members of this school committee to WAKE UP, or does the supt need to TELL them to do that before it happens? How many more students need to leave the district?

Watch for the district music program to be placed on the chopping block ONCE AGAIN and the threat of fewer teachers at upcoming budget discussions. How may more times does the public have to say REDUCE DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION before the school committee members get it?!? While it doesn't solve the fiscal crisis in its entirety, it's a proactive move in getting the budget under control. The district can't afford this supt and the cronies she's brought over from Quabbin. Empower principals to make hiring decisions (no need for a HR Director) and allow staff to make curriculum recommendations (pay a stipend to a dept. teacher to "research" new curriculum choices, when necessary, and get rid of the Curriculum Director OR the Asst. Supt--you can't have both). Yes, unemployment comp. has to be paid, but, in the long term, it will free the district of the continuing burden of funding these unneeded positions with their perks. Let's get rid of this supt as soon as possible. It's a start...
col prescott

Brookline, NH

#5 Jan 8, 2011
Myself and my kids got an excellent education
at NMRS. I do not understand why the SC won't
fire Ms.Marshall, it seems clear to me the
district needs to go in a new direction.

Starting a new high school would bankrupt
the town. Fix the problem, not start up
another "feel good" study group.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lunenburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lynch May Run Again 39 min Officer Limpy 8
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) Sun David Kevns sidekick 391
News Mayor says Fitchburg 'on the rise' Sat Bruce 9
all new lynch meltdown Feb 17 Peaches 19
Donald duck Von Tramp Feb 16 Political Atheist 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Dean J. Mazzarella as Mayor? (Nov '11) Feb 16 Bruce 6
News Police keep eye on sex offenders Feb 15 Local 6 IAFFA 6

Lunenburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lunenburg Mortgages