Unitil donates refrigerators in Lunen...

Unitil donates refrigerators in Lunenburg - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 20 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Dec 22, 2010, titled Unitil donates refrigerators in Lunenburg - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Unitil donated 46 $400 refrigerators to Lunenburg Housing Authority's Pearl Brook Apartments on White Street Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

JIm

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Dec 22, 2010
Wonderful, I guess we can expect a huge rate increase as they seem to be prepping the PR route
Here it comes

AOL

#2 Dec 22, 2010
Bend over
Whalom Girl

Shirley, MA

#3 Dec 22, 2010
Its a nice gesture, perhaps just a little too late! Unitil still needs to redeem itself from the events of 2 years ago....May the seniors of Lunenburg enjoy their new appliances!!
Clarence

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Dec 22, 2010
No matter what Unitil does the ungrateful bastards of this world will criticize them.........
Unitil hired bloggers

Leominster, MA

#5 Dec 22, 2010
Clarence wrote:
No matter what Unitil does the ungrateful bastards of this world will criticize them.........
Ungrateful bastards? How's that footprint on your back Clarence? Sorry Unitil, this isn't even worth posting but this "gesture" and campaign to be the community helper are MEANINGLESS to those you literally ROB from each month overcharging on their bill.

Your future isn't that bright, new shades not needed. Smile.....
wheresmystreetli ght

Fitchburg, MA

#6 Dec 22, 2010
Don't accept them. Throw those fridgerators in the Nashua river! Unitil is nothing more than legalized rapists.
Integ Gritty

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Dec 22, 2010
I would decline anything that company did in an effort to improve their reputation. They're buying their way out of the fact that they charge some of the highest rates in the country and provide inferior service with an ill-equipped infrastructure.

Have some character or integrity.
Say no thanks Unitil.
Send a message that the only the can do to help that's worthwhile is lower rates and improve service.
J_in_Ward_1

Concord, MA

#8 Dec 22, 2010
Unitil has 28,000 customers they rip off every month. In this story they're helping out 46 of them. Geez, do you think they could be the next undeserving recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize?
nnn

AOL

#9 Dec 22, 2010
Clarence wrote:
Surely you jest. The highest rates in the country and don't forget it...
FYI

Gardner, MA

#10 Dec 23, 2010
They should have donated generators instead. They'd get more use in their service area.
Shaking My Head

Gardner, MA

#11 Dec 23, 2010
FYI wrote:
They should have donated generators instead. They'd get more use in their service area.
=) Good one.
walnuts

Leominster, MA

#12 Dec 23, 2010
I like how they give our money to buy themselves a good image.
Townsend

Gardner, MA

#13 Dec 23, 2010
Real nice lets all clap now ! Our rates will go up to pay for them so the ceo can pay for his kids college . Dumb #####.
Grateful for the gesture

Leominster, MA

#14 Dec 23, 2010
Everyone here seems to be able to see through the smokescreen as the giving of the refrigerators as an Unitil PR gimmick. Maybe so, but the refrigerators will definitely help out people who desperately need them. That's the bottom line. Take it for what it is and hopefully things will get worked out with Unitil eventually. Perhaps another company will take over. Time will tell. In the meantime, I do feel for the people who are customers and stuck with this company.
GeeWhiz

Hudson, MA

#15 Dec 23, 2010
Guard against those things that rob the spirit: carelessness, impatience, resignation, laziness, cowardness, despair, and UNITIL...
Veteran

Milford, MA

#16 Dec 30, 2010
I keep hearing about Unitil high rates, So how come our politicians doing something about it..
Sorry I just don't understand..
Mike C

Fitchburg, MA

#17 Dec 30, 2010
Veteran wrote:
I keep hearing about Unitil high rates, So how come our politicians doing something about it..
Sorry I just don't understand..
The only thing I can think of is somehow this city is getting a kickback of some sort because if a politician got them out of here they would be guaranteed successive terms in office.
Blogenburgian

Leominster, MA

#18 Jan 1, 2011
Awfully interesting, how could the State possibly let this happen. If the State installed them they would have been the top line industrial class all stainless steel with a hefty install charge. Someone bartered behind the scenes with Unitil, made it look like a donation and probably transfered the difference in cash to our local dems.
call BS

AOL

#19 Jan 1, 2011
Blogenburgian wrote:
Awfully interesting, how could the State possibly let this happen. If the State installed them they would have been the top line industrial class all stainless steel with a hefty install charge. Someone bartered behind the scenes with Unitil, made it look like a donation and probably transfered the difference in cash to our local dems.
Yep, gotta be a kickback. Gotta be to a democrat of course.
Couldn't just be unitil trying to buy some goodwill.
And as always, your "facts" are wrong-there are no state specs for industrial class refrigerators in low income housing.
And of course if the housing authority had bought top end stuff you'd accuse them of taking kickbacks on that purchase too.
Your credibility is shot. Its becoming sad.
Congrats

Leominster, MA

#20 Jan 1, 2011
Nice gesture giving low efficiency fridges out. Maybe next it will be free air conditioners. Just plug those baby's in and watch the meter spin! Unless you have a magic fridge from make pretend land you still have to pay for the electricity. It's like the dentist giving your kid a lolipop after a cleaning. Money in the bank down the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lunenburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
remember that lynch is out of his mind 5 hr Voters love LYNCH 4
News SJC grants new trial to homeless man in trespas... Fri DCF CPS DSS are ... 1
News Coast Guard: Body recovered from Gulf sailboat ... Fri Think About It 2
Lynch not running for Elected Position anymore Jun 23 Louie 12
Kevin Lynch, Big Fat Blowhard Jun 23 Voters love LYNCH 11
Just Another Tuesday Jun 22 Lynches Fat Momma 5
News Plethora of pollen blamed on erratic weather pa... Jun 22 Buzz Lightyear 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lunenburg Mortgages