post house in mt holly
burlington grad

Mountain View, AR

#1 May 5, 2013
does any body remember when the post house was in Mt. Holly...around where the new county court building is today...i can remember my father working on the old house in the early 60's..before it moved to pemberton....
tex

Orofino, ID

#2 May 6, 2013
the original house was on Grant Street just down from the county jail. then the program moved to a house the next street down and it's been to long for me to recall the street name. Maybe Rancocas Road or something. That street went all the way into Willingboro. The program started in the early 70s. After that they tried to obtain Smithville Mansion but it never happened. Finally they relocated to a mental hospital grounds in Pemberton. I remember on the full moon the patients would always start howling. Otherwise it was very quiet. I was a counselor and the nurse's body guard at the Methodone Clinic at the health department in Mt. Holly. The last I heard the program moved to Ancora Hospital on the way down the shore. Did your father work for the program or do remodeling to the buildings?
burlington grad

Mountain View, AR

#3 May 7, 2013
My father and a few others started the program im gusssing for returning vets from viet nam..He remodeled the first house i remember it had to be the mid 60's...ive visited the place several times growing up..ive got several pics with my dad counsoling the boys..dad was there from the start...
burlington grad

Mountain View, AR

#4 May 7, 2013
Jim Murphy
tex

Orofino, ID

#5 May 8, 2013
it doesn't seem like we are on the same page of memories with regards to the place. Marion Coggshall a psychiatrist from Medford Lakes began the program with government grant money.
tex

Orofino, ID

#6 May 8, 2013
the first vietnam veteran rap group was started in NYC in 1970. post house was a long term drug rehabilitation program usually with a duration of no less than 18 months. i am sorry to burst your bubble but your father did not start the program. in fact children were never allowed to visit.
burlington grad

Mountain View, AR

#7 May 8, 2013
it was a long time ago

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lumberton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black princeton proffesor arrested cries racism 17 min bill 1
willingboro woman arrested for fraud 2 hr bill 1
White Priviliege explained through song Fri Crack Corn 24
WIllingboro High School nearly 1/4th of student... Thu Crack Corn 2
what happened to willingboro ???????????? (Jul '07) Feb 9 reluctantresident 870
willingboro man charged with stabbing Jan 30 bill 1
Lumberton: Decent place to live? (Dec '06) May '15 Joe slakie 27
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lumberton Mortgages