Accident on I-10 East Sunday, August ...

Accident on I-10 East Sunday, August 15, 2010

Posted in the Luling Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Misty

United States

#1 Aug 17, 2010
Does anyone have any information on the accident that occurred on Interstate 10 East just past Buc-Ee's this past Sunday, August 15, 2010? I have pictures of the vehicles in the road as well as a Life Flight helicopter that arrived so it is definitely not something I just imagined. There were several cars stranded there for over an hour because of the severity of the incident yet I have not found any news organization that has even mentioned a word about the accident.

Thank you,
Misty
Ray

Houston, TX

#2 Aug 17, 2010
I have been trying to find out since Sunday, but also have not found out anything. People at Bucees said they were there for over 4 hours.
linsey

Houston, TX

#3 Aug 18, 2010
i have been trying to find out something also, but i know they don't always put info about things like that out for who knows what reason, unless they have not been able to notify the family of someone who died. We had a police chase going around our house a few months back and the car was tipping on its side as it went around curves and that never got put in the news/media. I don't know how they could not put that out though that was horrible!!
Rachel

United States

#4 Aug 18, 2010
I also was in that long line of traffic, and saw the same things you saw. I have also been looking for any articles, I've been checks www.mysa.com (the San Antonio Express News website) for anything, but have yet to see anything. It would be nice to know what happened. All I saw was carnage, and all I heard was from people that walked down the highway to see what happend(and it might not all be true). It was a terrible accident.
noel

Pearland, TX

#5 Aug 18, 2010
same here ..i even started a thread at caldwell county news forum but apparently someone deleted it.all i know was there was an overturned 18 wheeler(1st accident)spillin'fluid(gas i dunno)all over the highway..then traffic resumed for about 5 mins.we exited right where bucees'is and then there was a bumper to bumper traffic again.there were two accidents that evening..one was close to where bucees; is(1st)and the second was about a few miles east further down from bucees from what i've heard...i wanted to know what vehicles were involved cuz we were side by side by a red h3 hummer with a trailer full of stuff(matress washer dryer etc..when that first accident occured then we lost 'em when we exited then there was another accident...when we passed by where the 2nd accident was(i assume) there was a mattress and some red debris i really couldn't tell..
Rachel

United States

#6 Aug 18, 2010
If you are talking about the red debris and mattress on I-10 it was from the 18 wheeler that has the shell of the cab ripped off. As far as that accident I don't know about any chemical spill cause it was an HEB truck, a small blue SUV and a flatbed tractor trailer. The HEB truck had a little damge to the trailer, the blue SUV was messed up pretty bad and the cab of the flatbed truck was completely out in the open. It looked like it rolled over, but I don't think it did cause the trailer didn't look too messed up. That's all I know.
noel

Pearland, TX

#7 Aug 18, 2010
good.. well sorta cuz i still remember the faces on the people ridin' on that red hummer h3,,there were two back to back accidents from what i've heard at bucees'when we were there.
Aldo

Conroe, TX

#8 Aug 18, 2010
I was coming back that sunday, and when I got near the traffic had been there for hours. Our friends said it was about 6 maybe 7 when they got there and they were backed in traffic. We go there around 9ish and it was bad. The feeder side had traffic, going towards Houston. There was an 18wheeler which had the matress stuff, I saw, and it was all beat and banged up, but below the bridge was another 18 wheeler I want to say 2, and a whole bunch of cops, the bottom intersection was blocked off so those who had gone on the feeder to go under I-10 and around had to turn back around. I know cause I had to go back. But there was about 3 maybe 4 cop cars and more coming, and when we were approaching they were bringing out there K-9 unit. When we finally passed the traffic, I saw another 18wheeler on the feeder side which had its back door/loading side a bit...broken i guess, not sure how to word it correctly, it was no longer in place it looked as if it got hit from the back and the door came partially off and dented. But not sure what happened there.
Rigo_479

Houston, TX

#9 Aug 19, 2010
Yes, is was a very bad accident , I was traveling that route also and got to the accident just seconds after it happened, I saw a plum of dust at the distance and had to break in a hurry. It was an 18 wheeler that look in very bad shape and a gray SUV, didnt take pictures but saw a man that appeared to be the driver of 18 wheeler that was laying on the road, I felt like stopping to help but the highway patrol was already at the scene ( it looked like it was already there assisting on another accident a few yards away ). I kept thinking about the accident for days , I hope and pray that everybody is ok now.
Misty wrote:
Does anyone have any information on the accident that occurred on Interstate 10 East just past Buc-Ee's this past Sunday, August 15, 2010? I have pictures of the vehicles in the road as well as a Life Flight helicopter that arrived so it is definitely not something I just imagined. There were several cars stranded there for over an hour because of the severity of the incident yet I have not found any news organization that has even mentioned a word about the accident.
Thank you,
Misty
Misty

United States

#10 Aug 19, 2010
Yes, the red debris was from an 18 wheeler. I have a picture of it as well as the blue SUV and the HEB truck. I always carry my camera and usually take photos of wildflowers. My heart sank when I saw severity of the accident as we were pretty close and then again when I saw the photos of the accident enlarged on my computer screen. I keep asking myself why I even took the pictures in the first place. I do hope we eventually find out what the outcome was. In the meantime, my son and I have prayed for those involved and hoped that there were not any fatalities.
Having had just stopped at Buc-Ee's ourselves and then seeing many others that we had just seen there now parked waiting on I-10 all around us, it does make me wonder if we had just seen the people involved, as well. I suppose when only seconds separated any one of us from being involved in the accident, it hits a little closer to home.

Thank you to everyone for responding to my original post.
sister of driver

Del Rio, TX

#11 Aug 21, 2010
Please post the pictures that you took! I need to see them!
sister of driver

Del Rio, TX

#12 Aug 21, 2010
I am the sister of the 18 wheeler driver in the 2nd accident can you please post the pictures that you took! I really need to see them!
sister of driver

Del Rio, TX

#13 Aug 21, 2010
Anyone who took pictures of the 2nd accident please post them! I am trying to find out what happen to my brother! He is stable but in critical conditions! So please help me find out what really happened i am asking from my heart!
Misty

United States

#14 Aug 22, 2010
sister of driver wrote:
Anyone who took pictures of the 2nd accident please post them! I am trying to find out what happen to my brother! He is stable but in critical conditions! So please help me find out what really happened i am asking from my heart!
I just uploaded 3 photos. A note popped up stating that a moderator needs to approve them before they will post. My prayers go out to you, your brother and the rest of your family. Please keep us posted on how things turn out. Also, if the photos do not get approved, we can exchange email addresses and I will send them to you.
sister oe driver

Del Rio, TX

#15 Aug 22, 2010
Thank you Misty for everything and I will try to keep everyone posted on my brother condition!
Rachel

United States

#16 Aug 22, 2010
I hope he is ok! I keep seeing the accident too. I made that same drive again today and well...it was kinda hard seeing the damage of the guardrail.
sister of driver

Del Rio, TX

#17 Aug 22, 2010
Rachel what do you mean the damage of the guardail?
Was it also hit in the accident?
Rachel

United States

#18 Aug 22, 2010
Well I was talking about the concrete barrier that's right over the bridge, it's got some pretty bad damage to it. It's got some really long, deep gashes in it. You see it and you just know something bad had to have happened. And like I said in my first post, I was in the long line of traffic, I saw the trucks and SUV. Honestly, it made me sick to my stomach, especially after seeing the helicopters, ambulances and firetrucks.
sister of driver

Del Rio, TX

#19 Aug 23, 2010
Misty, I never was able to see the pictures of the accident please send them to my email address: [email protected]! Thank you
Misty

United States

#20 Aug 23, 2010
sister of driver wrote:
Misty, I never was able to see the pictures of the accident please send them to my email address: [email protected]! Thank you
I guess they were not approved, but they are heading your way via email. Please let me know if you do not receive them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Luling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 18 hr CheeseSniff 1,050
food poisoning (Jul '09) Jan 6 Los Ramos 19
Luling ISD Oct '16 Glad To Be Gone 2
News The vehicle hit by a train in Luling. Aug. 23, ... Oct '16 Telmah 2
William Thomas Hoch Sr. (Oct '13) Aug '16 JHM 3
News Buc-ee's buys future I-10 travel center site in... (Jun '16) Jun '16 the real Joker 3
Affordable vet (Jun '16) Jun '16 Mpg 1

Luling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Luling Mortgages