Sheriff candidates to face off at forum

Full story: The State - South Carolina

Kershaw County Sheriff Steve McCaskill, up for re-election next month, is getting good marks from some voters for his handling of the search for a missing Lugoff girl a month ago.
Comments
41 - 46 of 46 Comments Last updated Nov 24, 2006
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jason

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2006

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think you saw Steve McCaskill "having a beer with a woman", then you don't know what Steve McCaskill looks like and have mistaken someone else for him. I can assure you that whoever you saw wasn't Steve. I have known him closely and personally for over 30 years. He doesn't drink, and he wouldn't be inappropriately talking to anyone. I am sick of people attacking his character. These rumors and lies that continue to circle around are nearing slander. I hope that you and the person accusing the Sheriff of murder will stand behind your "facts" enough to disclose your full name. I am sure the prospect of a defamation and slander lawsuit might have you checking your words before you use them!
i never said he was :inappropriately talking" with a woman. he was having a conversation and a beer. i have known him longer than you, my fiend. and believe me the truth is an absolute defense. i do not think drinking is a sin, but if you do that is okay. there were too many people there for him to deny it and there is no reason for him to. he was not doing anything wrong. i brought it up only to say he was NOT looking for the Lugoff abductee. again, the truth is an absolute defense to slander and libel, so don't get too ramped up about that. ask him if he was in boykin that day! p.s. i never accused him of murder, just being on a doveshoot/barbeque having a cool one!
Fed up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2006

jason wrote:
<quoted text>
i never said he was :inappropriately talking" with a woman. he was having a conversation and a beer. i have known him longer than you, my fiend. and believe me the truth is an absolute defense. i do not think drinking is a sin, but if you do that is okay. there were too many people there for him to deny it and there is no reason for him to. he was not doing anything wrong. i brought it up only to say he was NOT looking for the Lugoff abductee. again, the truth is an absolute defense to slander and libel, so don't get too ramped up about that. ask him if he was in boykin that day! p.s. i never accused him of murder, just being on a doveshoot/barbeque having a cool one!
If you look at my comment, Jason, you will see that I said "you and the person who accused him of murder". An earlier comment by someone else accused him of that.
I was commenting that neither of you checked your facts before you spoke. I also didn't say I thought drinking was a sin. Read more carefully.
I will ask him if he was at a dove shoot in Boykin with you, Jason, and let him know what you thought you saw. I'm sure he'll be pleased that someone he has known for more than 30 years is second-guessing him on the internet. You know the saying,"With friends like you..."
And,if it wasn't a big deal to you, why bring up the beer or the lady? Just one more person outside the situation assuming you know what you would do if you were in his same position. The young lady who had been abducted was found. Her parents were pleased with the job the Sheriff's Office did. Everyone else's opinion on it really doesn't matter.
in the know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2006

for anyone who is interested, the dove shoot happened before the girl was abducted and the sheriff was at the dove shoot along with his wife.
in the know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2006

ps, sheriff mccaskill DOESN'T drink any kind of alcohol.
jason

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2006

in the know wrote:
for anyone who is interested,
the dove shoot happened before the girl was abducted and the sheriff was at the dove shoot along with his wife.
Maybe your shoot did but the one to which i refer was sept. 9th. still have the written invite and double checked just to make sure. not a big deal, just hate for "misinformation" to get out there.
VOTED FOR STEVE

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2006

I am so thankful that Steve got another 4 years and yes the race was close in some areas but the best man for the job got the job!! I can't believe that so many people believed Tucker's views and promises--i hope they have done their homework and now know which side their bread is buttered on!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lugoff Discussions

Search the Lugoff Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) 18 hr readyreggie 20
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Tue Lawrence Wolf 1,126
Chief Skip Holbrook Jul 21 Franky 2
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Jul 20 vuthiha 62
Kizi4game.com - Free Games Online For You (Nov '13) Jul 19 spantar 13
Friv 3 - Friv3 - Play Your Favorite Game Online... (Oct '13) Jul 18 lovekute 14
Allow the Mosque or Not at Ground Zero (Aug '10) Jul 17 Justice 5,653
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lugoff Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000