Lugoff church pastor, secretary face ...

Lugoff church pastor, secretary face charges

There are 3 comments on the The State story from Feb 1, 2008, titled Lugoff church pastor, secretary face charges. In it, The State reports that:

The pastor and secretary of St. John's United Methodist Church in Lugoff are facing fraud charges, accused of misusing church-issued credit cards.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The State.

millie stradford

United States

#1 Feb 5, 2008
this is hard to beleive that a man who is suppose to resepent and teach the word of the lord would or could do such a thing to people that put
trust in him to teach and preach to them and their families,as for the secetary all I can say
I hope there was a good reason for what she and her pastor did,and may god have mercy on them.
millie speelgud

Southport, NC

#2 Feb 7, 2008
nice jumping to conclusions that they are guilty. I'm sure there is no possible explanation of this. Maybe the crazed over reaction of the "auditors"? People loves them a witch hunt or a scandal.
Jamie M

Aiken, SC

#3 Feb 8, 2008
There's more to the story... Here's a link to the local television station's report on the matter: http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp...
The church secretary has admitted that she is guilty of the charges and has said she want to repay the money. She's the one who turned in the pastor. Last time I checked, my employer was not responsible for providing my home with Direct TV, making car repairs, boarding my dogs, or going to restaurants with my family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lugoff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) 17 hr Alison I 114
News Georgia Family Settles Autism Suit (Mar '08) Wed VACCINES CAUSE AU... 119
News SCANA tells regulators: Cutting power bills wou... Wed Stan 1
Atheism is a religion that worships mankind. Dec 11 tHEmAN1111 1
News Some see echoes of '68 court case in wedding ca... Dec 3 Pence of Tides 2
DEA at econolodge (Oct '16) Oct '16 Unknown 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lugoff, SC (Aug '10) Dec '15 Trent Davis (t-dubb) 64

Lugoff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lugoff Mortgages