Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FITSNews

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Comments
1,001 - 1,020 of 1,813 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2013
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
Sex orientation is a CHOICE in HOMOSEXUAL Relationships!
Your statement invalidates the entire Bible and all associated religious superstitions. Is that what you want?

Gay guys can not; and do not; erect for women
http://www.well.com/user/aquarius/
Even Jesus himself said so when he exempted gays from adultery:
++++++++++
Matthew 19:9> And I say vnto you, "Whosoeuer shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away, doth commit adultery."

Matthew 19:10> His disciples say vnto him, "If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marrie."

Matthew 19:11> "But hee said vnto them, All men cannot receiue this saying, saue they to whom it is giuen."

Matthew 19:12> "For there are some Eunuches, which were so borne from their mothers wombe: and there are some Eunuches, which were made Eunuches of men: and there be Eunuches, which haue made themselues Eunuches for the kingdome of heauens sake. He that is able to receiue it, let him receiue it."
++++++++++
Maybe this will be helpful to you:
Gay guys are born with the same sexual orientation your 'mother' was born with; attracted to men only
Ask your mother if she was 'born that way'; or if she 'chose' it
Fitz

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Professor Bubblegum Shoe wrote:
<quoted text>
The Episcopal Church is self-destructing because it follows 13 wildly different 'bibles'; 12 of which are Zondervan fakes
++++++++++
"The Episcopal Church has authorized the use of the following translations of the Bible:"
King James or Authorized Version (the historic Bible of The Episcopal Church)
English Revision (1881)
American Revision (1901)
Revised Standard Version (1952)
Jerusalem Bible (1966)
New English Bible with the Apocrypha (1970)
Good News Bible / Today's English Version (1976)
New American Bible (1970)
Revised Standard Version, an Ecumenical Edition (1973)
New International Version (1978)
New Jerusalem Bible (1987)
Revised English Bible (1989)
New Revised Standard Version (1990)
++++++++++
Its just like the Tower of Babel; except its more like the Tower of 'bible'
Total chaos!
Except the Episoplain Church have always recognized a wide variety of legitimante Biblical translations, indeed most religious bodies do because it is the nature of translations that "perfect" translations from any language much less ancient Hebrew, Latin and Greek can legitimantly be argued in good faith.

What cannot be argued in good faith is the understanding of the Judeo-Christian sexual ethic and its specific emphasis on married monogomous sex oriented twoard procreation. Much less the multiple specific prohabitions against homosexuality.

The episcopalian Church has tanked in terms of numbers and collpased into schism specifically over issues of human sexuality and specifically at the begining of the sexual revolution.

Those parishes, dioceses and regions that adhear to Gods word are cohesive and growing.. Those that deny the obvious are fractured, shrinking, hemoraging members, and going bankrupt.

By their fruits you will know them.

This has nothing to do with the number of translations they except and that is transparently true.

Professor Bubblegum Shoe

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Except the Episoplain Church have always recognized a wide variety of legitimante Biblical translations, indeed most religious bodies do because it is the nature of translations that "perfect" translations from any language much less ancient Hebrew, Latin and Greek can legitimantly be argued in good faith.
What cannot be argued in good faith is the understanding of the Judeo-Christian sexual ethic and its specific emphasis on married monogomous sex oriented twoard procreation. Much less the multiple specific prohabitions against homosexuality.
The episcopalian Church has tanked in terms of numbers and collpased into schism specifically over issues of human sexuality and specifically at the begining of the sexual revolution.
Those parishes, dioceses and regions that adhear to Gods word are cohesive and growing.. Those that deny the obvious are fractured, shrinking, hemoraging members, and going bankrupt.
By their fruits you will know them.
This has nothing to do with the number of translations they except and that is transparently true.
Have it your way
Happy Schisming! ;o))
Professor Bubblegum Shoe

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Craig wrote:
<quoted text>*ALL* of those Bible translations and every other condemn and prohibit all homosexual behavior. ECUSA didn't seem to figure that out.
You'll never guess which one of the 13 different Bibles does not talk trash about gay people
http://etb-history-theology.blogspot.com/2012...
Fitz

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Professor Bubblegum Shoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Have it your way
Happy Schisming! ;o))
Episcopalins are themselves a shismatic movement from the Catholic Church.

It is a happy fact that the true Christians are holding to their principles. As part of that Phenominia entire Parishes along with their Preists are comning over to the Catholic Church. Recently an entire convent of Anglican nuns came over to the Catholic Church.

For those who are simply seeting up their own counter parishes, they also will be closer politcally and as a matter of ucumanism than their previous church leadership.

The devil drives schism and the devil always works at behest of god.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You can't prove he said ANYTHING over the phone to you dear ...
... and you can't prove that he didn't, but that hasn't stopped you from trying to stone this mesenger.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... and you can't prove that he didn't, but that hasn't stopped you from trying to stone this mesenger.
Dont you know that the standard of proof for all information that dosent jibe with the gay agenda is....."you need to prove it with multiple first hand sources with a mathmatical precision that is basicly impossible to do because we dont want to hear what you have to say""

PS..If you do meet that standard then will simply dismiss that person and chnage the argument.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont you know that the standard of proof for all information that dosent jibe with the gay agenda is....."you need to prove it with multiple first hand sources with a mathmatical precision that is basicly impossible to do because we dont want to hear what you have to say""
PS..If you do meet that standard then will simply dismiss that person and chnage the argument.
We were born with higher standards that must remain exclusive by design
http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
We were born with higher standards that must remain exclusive by design ...
... while at the same time demanding that everyone else act inclusive.

Such hypocrisy from those getting it on the "down low".

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmmm
TOPIX discontinued volunteer editors in April 2011 ... Try to keep up
Try checking out this link taken today from the homepage of this forum:

http://www.topix.com/editors...

Except for Sel, the Topix editors posted for this forum prior to 2011 are still editors.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for Sel, the Topix editors posted for this forum prior to 2011 are still editors.
Well; thats interesting
I didn't know Thomas Jackson was still around
He goes back a long way to the days of TOPIX's roots

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people have REAL lives doing REAL things with REAL people. The virtual world is not so important. Back on the Board of OASIS Jacksonville.....YEAH!
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Sick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, I have plenty of faith, just none whatsoever in loons like you. The only message from I get from God when you are screaming your childish rants at me is I'd be damned to listen to a fool like you. Keep up the good work.
Rickey, Ricky, Rick, you're so foolish. You're not listening to me, what I have posted is Scriptures directly related to the "filth of the flesh" i.e. HOMOSEXUALITY. I am not childish, your response are flippant and fleeting as the rationale behind your posts. You are in willfull rebellion against God which far exceeds a fool in his folly! I know, you were just "sucked into" HOMOSEXUALITY! Wash your mouth out and try harder. Maybe you need some STRAIGHT AFFIRMATIONS? Yeah, that's it!

I will not suck *ick!
I will not suck @zz!
I will not suck *ick!
Repeat when tempted to
SUCK

LOL SLACKJAW!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
Rickey, Ricky, Rick, you're so foolish. You're not listening to me, what I have posted is Scriptures directly related to the "filth of the flesh" i.e. HOMOSEXUALITY. I am not childish, your response are flippant and fleeting as the rationale behind your posts. You are in willfull rebellion against God which far exceeds a fool in his folly! I know, you were just "sucked into" HOMOSEXUALITY! Wash your mouth out and try harder. Maybe you need some STRAIGHT AFFIRMATIONS? Yeah, that's it!
I will not suck *ick!
I will not suck @zz!
I will not suck *ick!
Repeat when tempted to
SUCK
LOL SLACKJAW!
Take the homophobe challenge:
Find a hetero woman willing to marry a man with her same sex orientation (both attracted to men)

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people have REAL lives doing REAL things with REAL people. The virtual world is not so important ...
... so why are you still here?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... so why are you still here?
Because I AM an Episcopalian. It is a part of my VERY busy life. Chalice bearer tomorrow and then the Order of the Daughters of the King are having an installation of 5 new Daughters. I just tied the new crosses on the blue ribbons. What an honor...to be a part of someone's walk to their calling.

Now, the REAL question is...WHY ARE YOU HERE? You don't post news stories. You can't edit. You must have flunked English. You ARE NOT Episcopalian.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
You silly little man! There is no such person as a homophobe. It's merely a HOMOSEXUAL term. People are not as afraid of HOMOSEXUALS with the exception of contracting AIDS/HIV or other STDs spread by HOMOSEXUALS like GBS, as they are HOMODISGUSTED. HOMOSEXUALITY IS A DISGUSTING PRACTICE almost as offensive as SMOKING!
Your assumption that women choose the same sex is inoperative. Opposites attract just as in magnets. Like fields/sex are opposed, just as in magnets and nature. Ergo, HOMOSEXUALITY is not only DISGUSTING, It's against nature and an abomination to this Nation.
Blah! Blah! Blah!
Its funny how clueless people come into gay chat rooms to tell gay people what being gay is like
We already know all about it
Here is the nitty-gritty on homophobia:
++++++++++
If you freak out when you spring a boner for another male; you're a homophobe
++++++++++
See how easy it is when you ask the pros!
Fitz

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

<quoted text>Because I AM an Episcopalian. It is a part of my VERY busy life. Chalice bearer tomorrow and then the Order of the Daughters of the King are having an installation of 5 new Daughters. I just tied the new crosses on the blue ribbons. What an honor...to be a part of someone's walk to their calling.
Now, the REAL question is...WHY ARE YOU HERE? You don't post news stories. You can't edit. You must have flunked English. You ARE NOT Episcopalian.
Nice Job the cultural left has done to "episopalians", as this news story and others point out the episoplain church is rocked by schism..

Not simply parishes all over the country are looking for alternative oversight with authentic Christian Bishops, but here we have a story of entire diocees bolting from the national church.

And there not the only one.. Recently a entire convent of nuns whent over to the Catholic Church.

Obviously by any measure Joe is the real episcopalian, be it scripture, reason or tradition he stands up for authentic angelicanism.

The vast bulk of Anglicans world wide reject the theological "innovations" to bring them in conformity with sexual secular leftism. He is in communion with the worldwide communion that is growing under the HollySpirit.

You are part of the dying remnant who is trying to sue that vibrant orthodoxy and selling your national headquarters in order to finance the driving of heresey and schism..

By their fuits you will know them.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

My church is GROWING!
Fitz

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

My church is GROWING!
Source!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lugoff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Community Health Systems Security Breach: Consu... Fri shron777 1
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Thu NEW PAIR OF GLASSES 1,146
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Aug 20 Friv 2020 77
New Mayor, Town Councilmen for South Congaree (Apr '08) Aug 18 trangw 14
dss kidnapping Aug 17 no name 1
Kizi4game.com - Free Games Online For You (Nov '13) Aug 16 nongpoy 15
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) Aug 16 Sickashell 21

Search the Lugoff Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Lugoff Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000