Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 Full story: FITSNews 1,813

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Full Story

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#25 Oct 21, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
... because THEY had already chosen to abandon God by their idolatry, so He left them alone to suffer the consequences of their own actions.
Sound familiar?
Of course it sounds familiar, it's your second rate attempt at reinterpretation of what I've been saying all along. The same sex sex was God's payback for their idolatry. The consequences of their actions were of HIS doing, Paul says so.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#26 Oct 21, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it sounds familiar, it's your second rate attempt at reinterpretation of what I've been saying all along. The same sex sex was God's payback for their idolatry. The consequences of their actions were of HIS doing, Paul says so.
I think you guys need to chill out. Go to a nice Lutheran church and quaff a few Communion Beers and relax.

:)

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27 Oct 22, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
... The same sex sex was God's payback for their idolatry. The consequences of their actions were of HIS doing, Paul says so.
Paul said that God withdrew His presence and left idolaters to their own desires, which were base.

But if you seriously think the consequences of one's own actions are the responsibility of God, or anyone else, then you have a developmental problem.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#28 Oct 22, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul said that God withdrew His presence and left idolaters to their own desires, which were base.
But if you seriously think the consequences of one's own actions are the responsibility of God, or anyone else, then you have a developmental problem.
Actually, the idea is somewhat Calvinist and augustinian, endorsing predestination.

this one

#29 Oct 22, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
I really don't mind pointing this out to you repeatedly, but your own Bible says that you are telling a fib. Paul says: "26 For this reason God gave them over and abandoned them to vile affections and degrading passions." There is no THEIR there, God gave them over to the passions HE wanted to punish them with. It's not my fault that Paul says that one of the consequences of their idolatry was to be left at the gay orgy temple, but that is EXACTLY what he says God did to them.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#30 Oct 22, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't speak the King or Queen's English, did he joline?.
Get the Syrian Bible and find the word homosexual, I dare you.
Get ANY Bible before 1940 and find it.
When you play with folks who know more than you, you just look more ignorant than usual....
Yoohoo, joline? Can you not answer this?

LMAO..........

The Mountain Empire

#31 Oct 22, 2012
Put up Saul's writings and compare them to Yeshua.

No quotes from Jesus, no teachings of Jesus.

Now, compare Saul's writings with the Greek Philo and Plato.

Plagiarism everywhere.

Notice who Saul's letters are addressed to, Greeks.

Where is Tarsus?

Turkey.

And what is closest to Turkey?

Greece.

Saul's fascination with all things Greek is revealing and not what Jesus preached.......

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#32 Oct 22, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't mind pointing this out to you repeatedly, but your own Bible says that you are telling a fib. Paul says: "26 For this reason God gave them over and abandoned them to vile affections and degrading passions." There is no THEIR there ...
So that proves those "vile affections and degrading passions" come from God?

No, those passions belong to you and your fellow GLBTs; you simply won't own up to them.

The Mountain Empire

#33 Oct 22, 2012
HOMOSEXUALITY & THE HEBREW BIBLE

"As a result of this serious research, Rabbi Steinberg-Caudill is completely convinced that THE ORIGINAL HEBREW TEXTS OF THE TORAH (the Hebrew Chumash - the Five Books of Moses) HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SAY CONCERNING HOMOSEXUALITY AS WE UNDERSTAND THE TERM "HOMOSEXUALITY" TO MEAN IN TODAYS WORLD!"

http://home.earthlink.net/~ecorebbe/id18.html

For the learning impaired....

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#34 Oct 22, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
"As a result of this serious research, Rabbi Steinberg-Caudill is completely convinced that THE ORIGINAL HEBREW TEXTS OF THE TORAH (the Hebrew Chumash - the Five Books of Moses) HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SAY CONCERNING HOMOSEXUALITY ...
Steinberg-Caudill also believes that the Hebrew word that orginally conveyed the concept of "homosexual" is saris, or "eunuch".

If so, Leviticus 18:22: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" contradicts that belief.

this one

#35 Oct 22, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
So that proves those "vile affections and degrading passions" come from God?
According to your own Bible, in the instance of the idolatrous, presumably heterosexual Christians of Rome, to whom Paul was writing, that is most definitely the case.
Joe DeCaro wrote:
No, those passions belong to you and your fellow GLBTs; you simply won't own up to them.
There's no your in that verse either, sweetie and I looked up as many on-line copies that I could find. What PAUL called "vile affections and degrading passions" was in fact God's punishment of those presumably heterosexual, idolatrous Roman Christians. There was no leaving them to a choice, because if they had chosen not to, the net effect of God punishing them for being idolatrous by abandoning them would have been none at all. Pretty impotent for the omnipotent, don't you know.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#36 Oct 23, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
There was no leaving them to a choice, because if they had chosen not to, the net effect of God punishing them for being idolatrous by abandoning them would have been none at all ...
You refuse to take responsibility for your own choices the same way your fellow Gays can't accept responsibility for introducing AIDS into N. America.

Irresponsibility is the hallmark of the Gay lifestyle, and it is projected into everything, including your bogus biblical exigesis.

this one

#37 Oct 23, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
You refuse to take responsibility for your own choices the same way your fellow Gays can't accept responsibility for introducing AIDS into N. America.
Sweetie, I've always taken responsibility for my own choices, but we're not talking about that, now are we? We have been discussing what the Bible clearly says in the verses YOU chose to quote. Oh, by the way, moron, people infected with a virus that were completely unaware that they were infected with are to blame for introducing AIDS into North America. While due to the nature of how the type and subtype of the virus transmits itself from one host to the next has disproportionately affected men who have sex with men, usually in the form of unprotected anal sex, since the virus had to have been introduced and reintroduced into this part of the world over a period of more than a decade, saying one group or even an individual is to blame for its appearance is insulting to the intelligence of thinking people.
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Irresponsibility is the hallmark of the Gay lifestyle, and it is projected into everything, including your bogus biblical exigesis.
Calling it my "bogus biblical exigesis" is just too funny, considering that all you have managed to do with your pathetic attempts at eisegesis is prove me right. No matter how many different words you try to imply into the text, Paul says that to punish the heterosexual Christians of Rome for their idolatry, God first dumped them into playing homosexual, whether they wanted to or not.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#38 Oct 23, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!.... Pure homophobic speculation and bogus claims!

How do you know the first HIV infections weren't brought into North America by blood transfusions, Joe?

Think any homosexual Roman Catholic priests, so highly educated, are capable of any competent biblical exegesis (not "exigesis" as your ignorance allows above)?

You are full of BS.

As for how HIV came to North America, You DON'T know. Nobody knows. The CDC can speculate and it does. But, it does not claim to know how or when HIV arrived on these shores. In fact, medical research suggests that HIV made the jump from simian to human a long time ago, showing up as "consumption," for lack of a more specific understanding of its nature.

Once again, you reveal to the entire internet audience your incompetence, lack of understanding and, deliberate ignorance.

You are, by choice, behaving as a useless turd.

Rev. Ken

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#39 Oct 23, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
... No matter how many different words you try to imply into the text, Paul says that to punish the heterosexual Christians of Rome for their idolatry, God first dumped them into playing homosexual, whether they wanted to or not.
The only people claiming that are you and Bishop Gene Robinson, and it's no coincidence that you're both Gay.

Once again, you refuse to take responsibility for your own choices the same way your fellow Gays can't accept responsibility for introducing AIDS into N. America.

Irresponsibility is the hallmark of the Gay lifestyle, and you project it onto everything, including your bogus biblical exigesis.

this one

#40 Oct 23, 2012
I'm not claiming anything sweetie, I'm just going by what the book says happened and what happened was God made the presumably heterosexual, idolatrous Christians of Rome go queer as folk in a snit. YOU have offered nothing which proves Paul wrong in what he said, the best you could do was to try and slip in some pronouns that aren't in the text.

You might as well slink away quietly now, you're babbling the same nonsense over and over.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#41 Oct 23, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people claiming that are you and Bishop Gene Robinson, and it's no coincidence that you're both Gay.
Once again, you refuse to take responsibility for your own choices the same way your fellow Gays can't accept responsibility for introducing AIDS into N. America.
Irresponsibility is the hallmark of the Gay lifestyle, and you project it onto everything, including your bogus biblical exigesis.
There is no way to determine how hiv was introduced into North America or exactly when it was introduced. There is certainly no proof that any gay person or pers is responible for it being introduced here.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#42 Oct 23, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
I'm not claiming anything ... I'm just going by what the book says happened and what happened was God made the presumably heterosexual, idolatrous Christians of Rome go queer as folk in a snit ...
... the Bible doesn't state that, but you and Bishop Robinson are, and it's no coincidence that you're both Gay.

You continually refuse to take responsibility for your own choices the same way your fellow Gays can't accept responsibility for introducing AIDS into N. America.

Irresponsibility is the hallmark of the Gay lifestyle, and you project it onto everything, including your bogus biblical exigesis

this one

#43 Oct 23, 2012
Cupcake, I'll give you one more chance. Here's the verse you quoted before:

26 For this reason God gave them over and abandoned them to vile affections and degrading passions.

Prove to me that Paul did not mean EXACTLY what he wrote, that God made the idolatrous, heterosexual Christians of Rome do the homosexual as payback.

If all you are going to do is repeat the same crap that has already been dealt with, you're just going to be ignored.

this one

#44 Oct 23, 2012
Cal In AZ wrote:
There is no way to determine how hiv was introduced into North America or exactly when it was introduced. There is certainly no proof that any gay person or pers is responible for it being introduced here.
He has already been told this, he's just being obtuse because he can't refute the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lugoff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) 20 hr automoney are frauds 27
Research: Top Concerns with Purchasing a Home 20 hr AEvansKWNE 1
Woman Donates Blood Plasma for Gas Money (May '08) Wed lady luck 75
5-year-old Asks Bill Clinton Tough Question abo... (Jan '08) Tue Bonnie Wheeler 39
Minister Facing Charges Involving Teens (Feb '08) Oct 18 Tori404 16
Friv 3 - Friv3 - Play Your Favorite Game Online... (Oct '13) Oct 14 yepi online 18
Clemson University Sends Admission Acceptance, ... (Feb '08) Oct 13 Kmend6 14
Lugoff Dating
Find my Match

Lugoff Jobs

Lugoff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lugoff News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lugoff

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]