Needing info about ggg-grandmother, E...

Needing info about ggg-grandmother, Evie Bowers, died 1969 Lufkin

Posted in the Lufkin Forum

Jamie

Nacogdoches, TX

#1 Jun 28, 2012
My great great great grandmother died in Lufkin, Texas in 1969. Her name was Evie Bowers. She was married to my ggg grandfather, William Thomas Ferrell, from 1900 until he died in 1921. They lived in Linn Flatt, Texas (just outside of Nacogdoches) during most of this time. She then remarried, in order...Henry Bailey, John Frank Vines and then Patrick Henry Bowers. He died in 1955 and from then she remained unmarried until her death in 1969. I am looking for ANYONE that maybe remembers her. She was about 96 when she died and her death certificate said her last known residence was Route 3, Lufkin Texas. I have several letters she wrote in 1965 to her step grandchildren. In these letters she mentions a trunk that belonged to my great great great grandfather. I am desperately trying to find what became of this trunk. Her death certificate was signed by her step-son (son of her last husband Patrick Henry Bowers), Doyle Bowers. She was buried in Linn Flatt Cemetery in Nacogdoches County...just outside of Nacogdoches. She is buried next to my ggg grandfather, William Thomas Ferrell and the tombstone reads Ferrell-Bowers and their names and dates. This would mean the tombstone was placed there sometime after she married her last husband, Patrick Henry Bowers, in 1952. Other info about her can be found here:

http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/7004917/person...

I have only one semi-blurry picture of her with her last husband, Patrick Henry Bowers and will be happy to send it along if you think you may can recognize her.

Please, if you remember her at all, even if barely...please contact me. I am looking for any memories, but pictures would be great also. Thanks so much! Please email at [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lufkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There is NO LAW in east Texas. (Jul '11) 19 hr Kelsey 5
Ben Curtis. Drug runner, corrupt ex cop, spousa... Aug 24 Darrin from sudbury 7
Ben Curtis Affair (Mar '15) Aug 19 End of the road 75
News DA reads murder suspect's confession (Nov '06) Aug 18 Gladys 28
Chelyan Grady Aug 11 Erin Williams 4
Light Bright Body Jewelry Aug 3 Owner 1
Mc gangs in Nac Jul 31 Anonymous 3

Lufkin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance