Open Records Requests for City of Hun...

Since: Jul 12

Montgomery, TX

#219 Apr 13, 2013
David Stua wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they was burning. I had to keep my head in a bucket of water all night long because of the pain. My inquisitive nature inspires me to ask, How, pray tell, do you know Mrs. Gregson is working 6 hours a day for me? Was that in a post somewhere?
Der in der präambel des behördenkennzeichen staaten die wir sind der meister und der regierung ist das diener. So, ob Frau. Gregson hat waren viele stundenlang a tag, es handelt von keine konsequenz mir.
"we are the masters and the government is the servant" - very well put, however until the 'government' learns that they are the servant very few changes will be made. It takes one to start the ball rolling and looks like that process has begun. Now, if only others would realize that "they" CAN NOT do anything to them for speaking up for what they believe - whether they learned it on their own or others told them.

And what a shame that BG is actually having to work! and a whole 6 hours at that! I thought that is what a job was -- work, you know, being productive for earning your pay, yes, that thing.
LoveTheLimelight

Lufkin, TX

#220 Jul 15, 2013

“Doing what's right....”

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, Texas

#221 Jul 16, 2013
LoveTheLimelight wrote:
http://www.ktre.com/story/2282 0717/lufkin-man-hoping-to-set- convicted-killer-free-through- puclic-records-requests
At it Again.
I almost had forgotten about this old thread...
Someone else watched the news I see. Good story. Now to tie all these stories together.......

***LUFKIN, TX (KTRE)- The Lufkin Police Department will have their hands full over the next week finding over 18,000 documents and it's all the work of one man, David Stua.

"I would say somewhere between 800,000 and a million requests," said Stua.

Police Chief Scott Marcotte said that by requesting more than 18,000 records at once, it keeps the police from doing what they are supposed to do, protecting citizens.***

(...from July 11, 2013 KTRE story)
Huntington

Clyde, TX

#222 Jul 16, 2013
I understand D. Stus and R Crawford are both single they need to
get together what a prefect couple. Rusk is calling!
BON CHANCE

Katy, TX

#223 Jul 17, 2013
Huntington wrote:
I understand D. Stus and R Crawford are both single they need to
get together what a prefect couple. Rusk is calling!
They're both on the same wavelength...they "think" they're so intelligent but alas, not much in common sense area. Socially awkward...so much so, that they can't see that most everyone is laughing at their ludicrous actions.

“Doing what's right....”

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, Texas

#224 Jul 20, 2013
It's so disappointing. If someone is as 'intellectual & educated' as they claim- and they have so much free time (unemployment causes lots of free time)..... why don't they do something positive? Actually make a difference and help people? I have seen NO positive results from all those open records requests or any of the other mess being stirred up. If you want drama, watch a soap opera. Otherwise, go volunteer or pick up trash. Burn off all that dramatic akward energy.
Reading between the lines

Lufkin, TX

#226 Jul 22, 2013
Up Up and Away wrote:
<quoted text>
No disrespect intended but do you believe what they said just because they said it? They are obligated to answer open records requests. That is the law. Perhaps you didn't know many gov agencies regularly and routinely respond to multiple open records requests on a daily basis. The city of nacogdoches has an online open records requests website. See http://www.mygovhelp.org/nacogdochestx/
The Sheriff regularly turns over reports, arrest logs, jail records, etc. on a daily basis. Some governmental bodies have online records such as the check register.
This proposition that open records requests should not be done because they have other things to do is wrong (no disrespect intended.) If we fall into this ideology, we will begin making open records requests more restrictive under the law. If there ever was a time to hold government more accountable, it is now. On the National level, we are trillions of dollars in debt. State and local levels financial difficulties exist everywhere. Money is being passed out like its free.
The only way that we can hold gov more accountable is to know what they are doing. Don't believe much you read in the paper. The paper only tells part of the story and does not research what the gov officials tell them. Investigative reporting is dead. We citizens have to check up on government.
If open records requests are a problem, maybe they need to hire someone for providing records.
I respect you opinion. I hope I have shed some light on some things you might have not considered in your opinion. I don't know if you will change your opinion or not. But I ask you reconsider.
The open records request is there for the public, of course. But you are using it as a recourse for revenge and to inflate your warped ego. Who requested you to do this? I don't like government but you are not really accomplishing anything except to cost taxpayers more money. The amount of request that you send are beyond reasonable and burns up many manhours in an effort to respond to you. You are a scary person to be so obsessed to spend the amount of time you spend doing this. Do not act like you are doing this for the citizens of Angelina County, you are doing it out of spite for personal reasons (you know it and so do I).
BON CHANCE

Katy, TX

#227 Jul 22, 2013
Reading between the lines wrote:
<quoted text>
The open records request is there for the public, of course. But you are using it as a recourse for revenge and to inflate your warped ego. Who requested you to do this? I don't like government but you are not really accomplishing anything except to cost taxpayers more money. The amount of request that you send are beyond reasonable and burns up many manhours in an effort to respond to you. You are a scary person to be so obsessed to spend the amount of time you spend doing this. Do not act like you are doing this for the citizens of Angelina County, you are doing it out of spite for personal reasons (you know it and so do I).
Agreed...David Stua has never done ONE thing positive for Angelina County...and it ALL started by being FINED for having open sewage on his rental property and ANGRY that he had to pay that fine. He thinks he's above the law regardless if his rental properties are a health risks to the general public. It's all a vendetta. I heard he even tried to beat a traffic ticket in Zavalla and took that to court. However, he lost that case. Again, he thinks he's above the law.
Now he's even trying to be appointed as Zavalla's representative on the Angelina County Health Board and he lives in REDLAND...why, you may ask? Read between the lines, he has it out for the health district and its past & present board members, above all things. And if he is seated there, he would probably make it his "mission" in life to cause controversy (more than he already has, if that's possible) and continue his revenge.
Huntington News

Covington, TX

#229 Jul 23, 2013
inacar wrote:
By Editorial Board
Special to the American-Statesman
Texas got some good news this week regarding open government: The Lone Star state was one of just eight states that got an “A” in government transparency from the Sunlight Foundation. That is terrific. Keep in mind that the grade covers a specific set of criteria, so let’s be clear that more improvement in other areas still is needed.
It is our right to know what is going on behind closed doors. It is our right to ask the questions and to pursue the answers. Hopefully we start seeing transparency in all matters.
One of the Council Members brought up the suggestion to start having Community meetings, where the Mayor and Council will have an open discussion with the Citizens about ways to improve things here in Huntington. Would you as a Citizen show up for one of these meetings?
OK were ready, where are you now? Got a mouth full?
Reading between the lines

Lufkin, TX

#230 Jul 24, 2013
BON CHANCE wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed...David Stua has never done ONE thing positive for Angelina County...and it ALL started by being FINED for having open sewage on his rental property and ANGRY that he had to pay that fine. He thinks he's above the law regardless if his rental properties are a health risks to the general public. It's all a vendetta. I heard he even tried to beat a traffic ticket in Zavalla and took that to court. However, he lost that case. Again, he thinks he's above the law.
Now he's even trying to be appointed as Zavalla's representative on the Angelina County Health Board and he lives in REDLAND...why, you may ask? Read between the lines, he has it out for the health district and its past & present board members, above all things. And if he is seated there, he would probably make it his "mission" in life to cause controversy (more than he already has, if that's possible) and continue his revenge.
Also, he contacts people in some of the records he requests and uses personnel information to go to employees homes and send other people to their homes. David Stua is no martyr! He has HIS agenda and will make trouble any way he can because he is obsessed and warped!
BON CHANCE

Katy, TX

#231 Jul 24, 2013
Reading between the lines wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, he contacts people in some of the records he requests and uses personnel information to go to employees homes and send other people to their homes. David Stua is no martyr! He has HIS agenda and will make trouble any way he can because he is obsessed and warped!
I had no idea that his "low" character had reached to this magnitude to go to people's homes...what do you know of this? All I know is that he talks so much crap that I don't know whether to offer him breath mints or toilet paper.
Registered Voter

Rio Vista, TX

#232 Jul 24, 2013
OMG I just read the LDN. Who is running the city. Lets pray nothing happens to the Mayor or that clown with no brains Harris will take his place.

What makes them think they can appoint citizens who do not know anything about Government to committees, and the garbage lady turned council women Rachelle, with no High School Diploma is on the hiring committee for the city secretary position. I would bet you the candidates for that position are so much over her level they will laugh as they leave. Funny. There is hope as I think Boles and the Mayor can handle it and where is the Interim City Manager during all of the hiring??? Not invited I guess, sure would make me wonder if I were him.

Sorry I missed that meeting, got some calls to make.
Bump

Katy, TX

#233 Jul 25, 2013
RE Post #232 "Sorry I missed that meeting, got some calls to make.":

PRIORITIES !!! If you are going to criticize the city council, you need to rework your priorities.

The "CALLS" should wait.
BON CHANCE

Katy, TX

#234 Jul 25, 2013
Bump wrote:
RE Post #232 "Sorry I missed that meeting, got some calls to make.":
PRIORITIES !!! If you are going to criticize the city council, you need to rework your priorities.
The "CALLS" should wait.
Maybe you need to take a step back, burp...if you had any reading comprehension, you would realize that he/she is not inferring that they didn't go to the meeting because they HAD calls TO make...he/she is saying they NOW need to make some calls...most likely regarding these idiotic committees...so tell me burp, where do you rank on the "job promises" list?
BON CHANCE

Katy, TX

#235 Jul 25, 2013
Registered Voter wrote:
OMG I just read the LDN. Who is running the city. Lets pray nothing happens to the Mayor or that clown with no brains Harris will take his place.
What makes them think they can appoint citizens who do not know anything about Government to committees, and the garbage lady turned council women Rachelle, with no High School Diploma is on the hiring committee for the city secretary position. I would bet you the candidates for that position are so much over her level they will laugh as they leave. Funny. There is hope as I think Boles and the Mayor can handle it and where is the Interim City Manager during all of the hiring??? Not invited I guess, sure would make me wonder if I were him.
Sorry I missed that meeting, got some calls to make.
I don't understand why Chief Epperly is not on these committees either. Now Ted Ivy has been a councilmember in the past but not sure about the others. Amy Mitchell, is she and her husband the one in real estate? Not sure honestly. But I'd really like to be fly on the wall during these interviews...maybe Ebarb will familiarize herself on how to conduct an interview...hell, at least google appropriate questions to ask the candidates...of course interpretation of answers and body language is another thing...I'd chuckle if it wasn't so pathetic.
John Q Taxpayer

Lufkin, TX

#236 Jul 25, 2013
Well nobody missed anything. It was a typical how not to have a meeting. Blind leading the blind. It was a total disgrace. I felt that I lost 25 IQ point by just being there.
BON CHANCE

Katy, TX

#237 Jul 26, 2013
John Q Taxpayer wrote:
Well nobody missed anything. It was a typical how not to have a meeting. Blind leading the blind. It was a total disgrace. I felt that I lost 25 IQ point by just being there.
I wonder if the Attorney General's office has contacted Mr. Spivey yet about his false assumption that he has a RIGHT to have citizens thrown out of city hall for requesting open records?
just sayin

Grandview, TX

#238 Jul 26, 2013
BON CHANCE wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why Chief Epperly is not on these committees either. Now Ted Ivy has been a councilmember in the past but not sure about the others. Amy Mitchell, is she and her husband the one in real estate? Not sure honestly. But I'd really like to be fly on the wall during these interviews...maybe Ebarb will familiarize herself on how to conduct an interview...hell, at least google appropriate questions to ask the candidates...of course interpretation of answers and body language is another thing...I'd chuckle if it wasn't so pathetic.
TRUE...it is certainly "pathetic". Since Bobby is the interim city mgr. it would make sense for him to be included.
In better times

United States

#239 Jul 27, 2013
They don't want him involved because he is not their "yes" man. Heard he went and confronted Mr. Spivey after the incident at city hall. He probably has a BIG red x on his back now.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#240 Jul 27, 2013
BON CHANCE wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if the Attorney General's office has contacted Mr. Spivey yet about his false assumption that he has a RIGHT to have citizens thrown out of city hall for requesting open records?
The AG and the DA have been informed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lufkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hudson ISD teacher arrested for improper relati... Mon Principle 1
Sheila Ann Morton missing (Aug '14) Apr 8 Still concerned 10
Speed Trap Apr 5 WolfPack 1
News Audit: Officials in speed trap Texas town caugh... (Mar '14) Apr 1 Out of state 81
Louie gohmert Mar '17 Little joe 1
TK'S Boutique NOW OPEN in Nac- 623 North Street Mar '17 jordynpaige98 1
News Lufkin Police PD discontinues Silver Alert, rep... Mar '17 Silver phart 1

Lufkin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lufkin Mortgages