Huntington-My street is so bad......
Bump

Katy, TX

#22 Jul 12, 2013
The above should have gone on the thread where the "Zipper" discussion was.
Marley 2008

Lockhart, TX

#23 Jul 12, 2013
Bump wrote:
A suggestion to Marley:
http://gma.yahoo.com/pothole-robinhood-steals...
A man dubbed the "pothole Robin Hood" has been taking asphalt from the city of Jackson, Miss., and filling in potholes on city streets.
Ron Chane admits that he takes the asphalt and repairs potholes, and then signs the filled-in holes with the message "citizen fixed," he told ABC News.
"It's sort of like Robin Hood. Once we saw that people were appreciating what we did, we went out again and made a goal of fixing 100 potholes. We've actually filled 101 potholes, so our mission has been completed," Chane said.
Just think, if only 4 of you mal-contents would band together with each doing 25 holes a day, just think how great of benefit would come from a better use of that hot air.
Burp in about 140 days the streets will be fixed once we clean house. Trust me when I say this their are a lot of citizens and employees biding their time and when the time is right you will hear all their voices. Why is it the council no longer posting? You are so quick to call us out where were you when Ina and her cronies were defaming the city employees.What is really funny his her comments will cost the city dearly I just hope we aren't bankrupt when it's all said and over with. I can and will expose them for what they are and that's my right just like its Ina's to think up evil retaliation against city employees. So here's a idea you fill so strong about your post grab a shovel and get to work! Well never mind your probably watching soaps and receiving your Obama check talking on your free phone eating your goverment cheese.... Leave anything else out?
BON CHANCE

Katy, TX

#24 Jul 12, 2013
Bump wrote:
The above should have gone on the thread where the "Zipper" discussion was.
Like I said, a typical accountant statement...auditing now where we post our comments...don't you GET that you're making a laughing stock out of yourself, Robin? Jesus H Christ!
Bump

Katy, TX

#25 Jul 12, 2013
Hells Bells Marley!!!!!!!!! I didn't know the government cheese was still available.

Where do you line up to get it???? Is it good? Do you like it? What about the other goodies that used to be available?
BON CHANCE

Katy, TX

#26 Jul 17, 2013
Bump wrote:
Hells Bells Marley!!!!!!!!! I didn't know the government cheese was still available.
Where do you line up to get it???? Is it good? Do you like it? What about the other goodies that used to be available?
You're certainly no Johnny Carson with your sorry "attempt" at humor here, burp...but if you're interested in government subsidies, I'm sure Perez will help you out with that...or even Stua. Always something for nothing...as in your case...
Huntington News

Clyde, TX

#27 Jul 19, 2013
inacar wrote:
I have heard the stories and can imagine how it is better now with half dirt streets. Well I guess it's better for those with the half that's asphalt. Road repair is not a one size fits all kind of job, if you don't patch them correctly, you are wasting your time and our money. It seems the pile of asphalt that's left could be serving a purpose instead of just piled up at the sewer plant waiting on Spring weather to get here. Can anyone tell me why the City Hall is wanting to do the "Home" grant again? That's a matching grant of $80,000 of City funds that could be buying asphalt for the streets. Yes it's nice to be helping those living in substandard housing when you have surplus but to direct city funds towards something besides our City's infrastructure just doesn't make any sense, not at this time. Especially with the legal fees we may have headed our way.
This is your new city council person - boss lady! She had not a clue what she was saying above about the Home Grant to help the elderly, there was not 80,000.00 match. There was no match at all it was FREE! She boycotted the grant and did not even realize the city could have had 5 new homes free to the elderly who need homes and who's mobile home is falling down around them. Lets see five homes at 80,000.00 each would have not only cleaned up some broken down homes and looked better, they would bring in tax revenue for years. DAAAAAAAAAA !

I especially love her last line about legal fees. Get a copy of the legal fees the city is paying now.
Freedom for All

Glen Rose, TX

#28 Jul 20, 2013
Huntington News wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your new city council person - boss lady! She had not a clue what she was saying above about the Home Grant to help the elderly, there was not 80,000.00 match. There was no match at all it was FREE! She boycotted the grant and did not even realize the city could have had 5 new homes free to the elderly who need homes and who's mobile home is falling down around them. Lets see five homes at 80,000.00 each would have not only cleaned up some broken down homes and looked better, they would bring in tax revenue for years. DAAAAAAAAAA !
I especially love her last line about legal fees. Get a copy of the legal fees the city is paying now.
I am afraid I have to agree that grant is free and requires no matching funds, Zavalla has done several as has Diboll and Hudson
BON CHANCE

Katy, TX

#29 Jul 22, 2013
Freedom for All wrote:
<quoted text>
I am afraid I have to agree that grant is free and requires no matching funds, Zavalla has done several as has Diboll and Hudson
Not surprised...I think there's quite a few of these new councilmembers that have NO idea regarding the process of running a city, especially Cardwell, Spivey and Ebarb.
Bump

Katy, TX

#30 Jul 22, 2013
BON CHANCE wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprised...I think there's quite a few of these new councilmembers that have NO idea regarding the process of running a city, especially Cardwell, Spivey and Ebarb.
It isn't necessary that a councilperson know how to run a city.

If that were a requirement then that would eliminate the majority of the citizen/voters from being able run for office.

That would defeat and void:
A Government "Of The People"
By The People
For The People
BON CHANCE

Katy, TX

#31 Jul 22, 2013
Bump wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were a requirement then that would eliminate the majority of the citizen/voters from being able run for office.
By The People
For The People
While you might be right in theory, this council IS "trying" to run the city, burp ie micro-managing. Lil' apron-strings boy Spivey demanded that Ms. Gregson be removed from city hall recently. They ARE trying to run the city but doing a piss poor job at it. Oh and by the way, what has this new council done for the people besides cost us more money in lawsuits and legal fees?...a complaint has been filed already at the Attorney General's office for Spivey pulling his stunt. Who does he think he is...a citizen has the RIGHT to be in any public building if they're not causing a commotion, threatening harm, etc. Momma's boy has really messed up now. So here we go again, chalk up MORE damn legal fees and complaints. Pitiful. You would THINK that these councilmembers would AT LEAST find out what they can or cannot do legally and if they're not certain, shut the hell up or simply have the brains to find out before opening their mouths and inserting their feet!
Marley 2008

Vidor, TX

#32 Jul 22, 2013
Bump wrote:
<quoted text>
By The People
For The People
Well Ina spends more time on the phone with City Hall or is up their trying to run things. So being she is uneducated about city business which she has freely admitted why dosen't she stay away until needed. She stated she likes being a busy body and watching soaps I say stick to the soaps! Please! Each day gets us closer to a recall!!!
BON CHANCE

Katy, TX

#33 Jul 23, 2013
Marley 2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Ina spends more time on the phone with City Hall or is up their trying to run things. So being she is uneducated about city business which she has freely admitted why dosen't she stay away until needed. She stated she likes being a busy body and watching soaps I say stick to the soaps! Please! Each day gets us closer to a recall!!!
Perhaps she's "gunning" for the city secretary or city manager job herself...and that would be the biggest joke that's ever been told...right behind her getting elected to her position. This is almost like being in the twilight zone or a story written by Hitchcock...you keep waiting for the drama to peak but it keeps building and building...however, the outcome is NOT going to be pretty as we have seen so far. Like an automobile accident, you can't look away but it makes the stomach roll.
ThinkThinkThink

Nederland, TX

#34 Jul 23, 2013
You little ole ladies are such poor losers. And so silly, too.
BON CHANCE

Katy, TX

#35 Jul 23, 2013
ThinkThinkThink wrote:
I think-think-think that you're the loser oh wise one...and alas, it's our fair city that's in a losing situation and that's nothing to joke about. Name one thing that this new council has done so far in the best interest of the city and we, the taxpayers.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#36 Jul 23, 2013
Marley 2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!! Count down is ON...
Huntington News

Covington, TX

#37 Jul 23, 2013
ThinkThinkThink wrote:
Ole Ladies - No

Poor Losers - Wait, Watch and See!
Huntington News

Hemphill, TX

#38 Aug 11, 2013
Ina and her Rascals have failed to buy a tractor and the mowing is getting backed up to the point that they have no time to fix the streets. Where did the 50,000.00 go that was given to the city for street repairs by the Economic Board this year? No employees, no time for streets, Ina had Bobby and Damon cleaning the fountain instead of managing the city. Her goal is to make it pretty by trying to cover her mess up. Still need equipment to do that.It is kind of like her putting on her make up. Everyone is afraid of loosing their jobs and have to deal with her daily. Do not go down second street without a four wheel drive or you will damage your car for sure. What a mess our little city has become in such a short period of time and the people are starting to react.
Marley 2008

United States

#39 Aug 11, 2013
Huntington News wrote:
Ina and her Rascals have failed to buy a tractor and the mowing is getting backed up to the point that they have no time to fix the streets. Where did the 50,000.00 go that was given to the city for street repairs by the Economic Board this year? No employees, no time for streets, Ina had Bobby and Damon cleaning the fountain instead of managing the city. Her goal is to make it pretty by trying to cover her mess up. Still need equipment to do that.It is kind of like her putting on her make up. Everyone is afraid of loosing their jobs and have to deal with her daily. Do not go down second street without a four wheel drive or you will damage your car for sure. What a mess our little city has become in such a short period of time and the people are starting to react.
The employees are just biding their time Ina and a few have already made mistakes and it has been duly noted. It's best just to let her think she's running things LOL she becoming a legend in her own mind. The streets will remain terrible the grass want get mowed but the council will tell you it's the employees fault because they have already stated we don't matter! Can't wait to see Ina running all these departments well hold own she admits to only knowing how to watch soaps! That's one hell of an impressive skill!
Bump

Katy, TX

#41 Aug 11, 2013
Marley 2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
The employees are just biding their time Ina and a few have already made mistakes and it has been duly noted. It's best just to let her think she's running things LOL she becoming a legend in her own mind. The streets will remain terrible the grass want get mowed but the council will tell you it's the employees fault because they have already stated we don't matter! Can't wait to see Ina running all these departments well hold own she admits to only knowing how to watch soaps! That's one hell of an impressive skill!
Anyone who doesn't make a mistake, Isn't doing anything.

The parts of town I drove thru last week looked well mowed!
John Q Taxpayer

Lufkin, TX

#42 Aug 12, 2013
Bump wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who doesn't make a mistake, Isn't doing anything.
The parts of town I drove thru last week looked well mowed!
Well of course the grass is going to be mowed on the roads that the council members live on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lufkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carra's Pest & Termite and owner Carra Liles (Jul '10) Jan 3 Former Employee 20
Michael pullin Dec 28 Hatersgonehate 1
Michael pullin Dec 23 Hatersgonehate08 1
murder (Dec '08) Dec 22 D Duggan 21
News 29-year-old woman arrested for alleged 2014 Nac... Dec 16 booger 3
Sexual Assault Committed by Jerry Lee Pritchett... (Nov '12) Dec '17 Crystal rose 5
bring amy dempsey back to the vfd (Dec '12) Nov '17 Anonymous 33

Lufkin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lufkin Mortgages