Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#103 Jan 23, 2013
ratznest wrote:
<quoted text>Be cautious. Snakes are sneaky. It DOES need to be brought before the council meeting, not behind closed doors with you and her.
My way of thinking is she doesn't need to show just me what the "mistakes" were on the yearly EDC report, she needs to explain why the entry is still on the report from the auditor and she needs to get it corrected. A simple wrong entry shouldn't take three months to be corrected, should it? Let's suppose you have someone doing your books and the records show $40,000 in your account that's not in your account, wouldn't you be getting to the bottom of what happened? If the auditor is making those kind of mistakes, then why is she still be used by the City?
GoRedDevils

Lufkin, TX

#104 Jan 28, 2013
Manuela wrote:
<quoted text>
Inacar, if you have the evidence, you should take it to the county attorney... it might be one step in making the necessary corrections to the way the city government is being conducted in the city of huntington
Yes, inacar. Evidence. Please let us know what EVIDENCE you have to support your allegations. Do you have a copy of any minutes recorded? I assume you were there if you know a meeting was held? So you saw with your own eyes (or have a credible witness) that saw a meeting being held & will give us a copy of the minutes and let us know what was discussed and what work was completed?
GoRedDevils

Lufkin, TX

#105 Jan 28, 2013
Up Up and Away wrote:
<quoted text>
It can be proven alright, lying to an investigator about whether the notice was posted or not has consequences. One member probably will give up the others and turn evidence against them.
It will not be hard to tell if it was posted or not. Anyone can find that out if they dig deep enough. Problem is- if there was not an acutal meeting held, why would it need to be posted? Or if the meeting should have been held, and it wasn't posted- how do you know it wasn't cancelled? I guess someone from these posts was there by all the gossip going around? It sounds like a lot of guessing and no real knowing to me. Has someone seen work that was done at this meeting or heard that something was actually completed?

Location hidden

#106 Jan 28, 2013
GoRedDevils wrote:
<quoted text>
It will not be hard to tell if it was posted or not. Anyone can find that out if they dig deep enough. Problem is- if there was not an acutal meeting held, why would it need to be posted? Or if the meeting should have been held, and it wasn't posted- how do you know it wasn't cancelled? I guess someone from these posts was there by all the gossip going around? It sounds like a lot of guessing and no real knowing to me. Has someone seen work that was done at this meeting or heard that something was actually completed?
Gossip? Look we are not talking about your mother, we are talking about the EDC that decides how our sales tax money is spent. They operate under open meeting rules, so yes, the meeting should have been posted with 72 hours notice. And yes, someone reliable did see them at Dean's. Now you get to the eye witness "stuff" and did they accomplish anything or did enough even remember to show up, your guess is as good as mine. Like I said I assume if they did, it will be on the Agenda for their meeting in February to be voted on or whatever they decide. No rules, no out of bonds, let's just play ball, I guess is what you think is best? They still need alternates and it sounds like you'd fit right in with them.

Since: Dec 12

Lufkin, TX

#107 Jan 28, 2013
GoRedDevils wrote:
<quoted text>It will not be hard to tell if it was posted or not. Anyone can find that out if they dig deep enough. Problem is- if there was not an acutal meeting held, why would it need to be posted? Or if the meeting should have been held, and it wasn't posted- how do you know it wasn't cancelled? I guess someone from these posts was there by all the gossip going around? It sounds like a lot of guessing and no real knowing to me. Has someone seen work that was done at this meeting or heard that something was actually completed?
An investigation might be needed to find out the answers to your questions. The potential witnesses can be out under oath
Diddly Squat

Lufkin, TX

#108 Jan 28, 2013
WHERE IS Up Up and Away??????

Looks like Jan 21st is the last day she posted.
Could she be in jail with the tree huggers (er sitters)

Location hidden

#109 Jan 28, 2013
Diddly Squat wrote:
WHERE IS Up Up and Away??????
Looks like Jan 21st is the last day she posted.
Could she be in jail with the tree huggers (er sitters)
I'm kind of missing Up too. Seems more urgent business may be keeping them busy? I hope all is well and she returns soon. I hear it's going to be raining tomorrow, so they should climb down and join us.

Lufkin, TX

#110 Jan 28, 2013
inacar wrote:
<quoted text>I'm kind of missing Up too. Seems more urgent business may be keeping them busy? I hope all is well and she returns soon. I hear it's going to be raining tomorrow, so they should climb down and join us.
Its hard to get wireless reception in this tree. I will come down soon since the rain is on its way.
It is so pleasing to know old Piddly Squaw is missing me. Shiver me timbers.

INCAR, I notice they been kinda hammering you about "accusing" the EDC of illegal meetings. Stay the course. You are doing the right thing. I bet the EDC will improve on compliance with the open meetings/open government laws because of you bringing attention to them.

Lufkin, TX

#111 Jan 28, 2013
Can anyone remember the name of a Huntington man that came up missing about 12-12 years ago. There was a big man hunt for him by Kent Henson. There was extensive coverage on KTRE and Lufkin Daily news. They later found his boat and his truck at another time. He was said to be an avid hunter.

Lufkin, TX

#112 Jan 29, 2013
Up Up and Away wrote:
Can anyone remember the name of a Huntington man that came up missing about 12-12 years ago. There was a big man hunt for him by Kent Henson. There was extensive coverage on KTRE and Lufkin Daily news. They later found his boat and his truck at another time. He was said to be an avid hunter.
Harold W. "Bill" Roland

Lufkin, TX

#113 Jan 29, 2013
Manuela wrote:
<quoted text>
Harold W. "Bill" Roland
Thanks Manuela. I have been trying to remember for more than a month. IN the last few days, they have found some bones in Jasper. I am wondering if that might be him.

“Doing what's right....”

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, Texas

#115 Jan 30, 2013
inacar wrote:
<quoted text> Gossip? Look we are not talking about your mother, we are talking about the EDC that decides how our sales tax money is spent. They operate under open meeting rules, so yes, the meeting should have been posted with 72 hours notice. And yes, someone reliable did see them at Dean's. Now you get to the eye witness "stuff" and did they accomplish anything or did enough even remember to show up, your guess is as good as mine. Like I said I assume if they did, it will be on the Agenda for their meeting in February to be voted on or whatever they decide. No rules, no out of bonds, let's just play ball, I guess is what you think is best? They still need alternates and it sounds like you'd fit right in with them.
I hate getting away sometimes- look at all the jumping conversation I miss! You say you're talking about the EDC.... yet I see talks about tree huggers and bones in Jasper? I remember the missing man story, we'll have to catch up on that. maybe on a different thread? I'm still catching up on all the other posts too, but this one seems to have lost interest because there is nothing to go on. Heresay doesn't go far. You seem to have gotten upset in that post.... not really sure why...

Location hidden

#116 Jan 31, 2013
Please do go and get caught up on the site.
Since you would know, did you get the by-laws done? That's all that matters at this point. Look as far as I can tell the EDC is a much to do about nothing. The EDC has already spent 2013's budget, so take some time off, drive around and take notes on whose yard is not up to standards, and do put the "Business of the Quarter" sign up so we all see the good the EDC is doing for our Community. Nothing like a sign to make all your hard work for the Community be noticed. Wait a minute, did the EDC have anything to do with that business being built here?
Never mind I'm sure one of the board members works there. Enough said.
Yes, I am a little snippy but I haven't had my morning coffee yet.
Since you were working on the EDC by-laws, any chance "conflict of interest" or nepotism get addressed? I didn't think so, maybe you should read up on it.

Location hidden

#118 Feb 6, 2013
EDC Meeting today at 12:30pm at City Hall.
The EDC members should be discussing the bylaws. And of course probably me, although I am not on the agenda it seems my name just keeps popping up during meetings.
Everyone is invited to BG's horse and pony show.

Lufkin, TX

#119 Feb 6, 2013
inacar wrote:
EDC Meeting today at 12:30pm at City Hall.
The EDC members should be discussing the bylaws. And of course probably me, although I am not on the agenda it seems my name just keeps popping up during meetings.
Everyone is invited to BG's horse and pony show.
Haven't you become little "Ms. Popular" >giggle<

Location hidden

#120 Feb 7, 2013
EDC Wednesday meeting- brief summary:
Lunch from Subway, meeting started.
January Minutes and financials excepted.
New Officers confirmed.
New member confirmed.
Bylaws tabled - not enough time.
Clean up report from Chief Epperly, he said the house on E. Walnut was almost complete. He stated it had been a busy month so he had not followed up on any letters that needed mailed. There was some discussion of the new house being built at Henderson Place and the smoke complaints from the burn on 6th Street but the clean up was looking so much better.
The street sign project is supposed to be nearing completion.
A discussion on their new name tags finished up the meeting before they met up at Integra to take pictures and present the quarterly plaque.
I'll let everyone come to their own conclusions as to the results of this meeting. Next meeting back to regular day, March 13, 2013.

Location hidden

#121 Feb 14, 2013
Dear EDC Members, I just want you to know that after four months of you discussing the condition of the American flag at Centennial Park and the fact it needed to be replaced.
It has been replaced.

Location hidden

#123 Mar 14, 2013
Excellent work on the EDC bylaws.
FYI:
https://www.oag.state.tx.us/AG_Publications/p...

Board of Directors of a Type B Economic Development Corporation
A Type B corporation is governed by a seven member board of directors.
The seven directors are appointed by a majority vote of the city council at an open meeting.
If a Type B corporation is located in a city with a population of less than 20,000,
the Type B director must:
1) Be a resident of the city;
2) Be a resident of the county in which the major part of the area of the city is located;
Or
3) Resides in a place that is within 10 miles of the citys boundaries and is in a county bordering the county in which a major portion of the city is located.
A director serves at the pleasure of the city council for a term of two years; however, the city
council may vote to remove a director at any time without having to specify a cause.

Performance Agreements
Economic development corporations cannot simply provide gifts of sales tax proceeds.
The Attorney General has noted that expenditures of sales tax proceeds must be made pursuant to a contract or other arrangement sufficient to ensure that the funds are used for the intended and
authorized purposes.
204 An economic development corporation is required to enter into a written
performance agreement with a business enterprise when the corporation provides funding or
makes expenditures on behalf of the business enterprise in furtherance of a permissible
economic development project.
This performance agreement between the corporation and the business
enterprise at a minimum must contain the following:
1. a schedule of additional payroll or jobs to be created or retained;
2. the capital investment to be made by the business enterprise; and
3. the terms under which repayment must be made by the business enterprise to the
economic development corporation should the business fail to meet the performance
requirements specified in the agreement.

Location hidden

#124 Apr 10, 2013
I made another meeting of the EDC. They have added a new member, Sheiree Garcee to the Board pending City Council approval. After the meeting today I just want to say one thing to the EDC Board, do yourself a favor and read the 2013 Attorney General's Guidelines, stop excepting others telling you what you can and can't do.
hazeleyes

Spring, TX

#125 Apr 11, 2013
Is any area outside of the city limits being considered for annexation? If so where?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lufkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PetSense (Feb '08) 14 hr Stacy79J 41
does any one know james michael gardiner 19 hr localtrouble 3
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Fathers' Rights Dec 10 Equality 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Looking for Rebecca? Nov 28 KFT 1
Is their a motocross track close to nack. Nov 23 Txstrocker 1
Lufkin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lufkin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lufkin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lufkin

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News