Huntington Economic Development Corpo...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82 Jan 10, 2013
Just wanted to remind you of a site where you can check the EDC Financial records for each year. Make a point of seeing the money left in the fund at the end of the year gets carried over to the beginning of the next year. Check to see where they have committed the money and how much money went directly into the City accounts. Like the detective shows say, follow the money.
https://ourcpa.cpa.state.tx.us/edcr/EdcrViewe...

Location hidden

#83 Jan 10, 2013
Sorry I was on the wrong page, here is the actually entry system by City, Year, and type-Huntington is Type B.
https://ourcpa.cpa.state.tx.us/edcr/EdcrSearc...

Lufkin, TX

#84 Jan 10, 2013
inacar wrote:
Wow! I hate everyone missed the EDC meeting, I am becoming such a household word at the meeting.
I must be doing something right.
Do you know someone can misinform people during a meeting and have no facts to back it up?
It can happen, I just hope people are smarter than she thinks. The queen of misinformation is calling me out, quite amazing indeed.
The $40,000 dollars that was entered in error on the financial report is now down to just $20,000 error. Doesn't that make you feel better? I am sure Betsy will figure this out soon. Final figure on sales tax funds received by the EDC are $106,000 for 2012.
Special note: Bruce paid his own expenses to EDC Workshop. A very nice change for our City Manager.
EDC Special meeting will be held on Saturday, January 19th at 10AM at City Hall to go over and update the EDC Bylaws. I do hope they at least get the name correct this time around.
Christmas Light Contest was deemed a success, they will be picking up the signs, it would help if winners would return them to the City Hall.
Properties mentioned on notice for clean up:
One on E. Spruce Street
One on 10th Street
One on E. Walnut- this one is being worked on by owner.
And a boat sitting on Kansas was mentioned.
Lisa Carter has been nominated as a new member.
Nominations made:
Tonya as President
Kristyn as v-p
Karolyn as secretary
Betsy as financial officer
February meeting will be changed to February 6 due to schedule conflict.
A trails grant will be put on the 2013-2014 plans for the EDC, to form a committee and start the process. They hope to include Centennial Park through the Softball Fields and then on to the area behind Elementary.
And Karolyn does write up the Agenda for the meetings.
Several of the EDC members said they would getting the "Robert's Rule of Order" to read up on the proper way to be holding their meetings. Perhaps they can inspire Karolyn to get the Agenda written in better form also.
I just read back over this, are members of the EDC required to live in the city like council members? How deep is the connection between the EDC and the city of huntington? now you have two employees from the city of huntington as members of the EDC... what happens when they are all employees from the city of huntington? Can that even happen?? all of these questions just jumped up at once and I have to ask... does anyone have any answers??

Location hidden

#85 Jan 11, 2013
The EDC and City should be working cohesively, in fact most EDC have three members of the City/Council on the board. I believe it is limited to only 3 out of the 7 voting members. Huntington's Council members remain uninvolved. In fact few of the Council even have attended a meeting of the EDC. I believe Keith Malone was once a EDC member, not sure if that's true.
Lisa is coming into membership as an alternate to replace Betsy as Financial officer as soon as Betsy retires. Godspeed and good riddance.
The spirit of the EDC is have people on the board interested in improving Huntington's potential for future businesses and jobs. If you go by the EDC "Bylaws", you must live within 10 miles of town. I believe you would qualify and probably Up would too. But of course someone on the board or City Council must nominate you so what do you think the chances are? I didn't include myself because she's already let me know I am not on her short list. LOL

Location hidden

#87 Jan 21, 2013
Question? The EDC held a group meeting on Saturday to go over and update their bylaws, this meeting was not posted. Doesn't that make it an illegal meeting and voids all the work that was done at the meeting? I am just asking? Anyone have an answer?
I think this meeting fails the smell test.

Katy, TX

#88 Jan 21, 2013
inacar wrote:
Question? The EDC held a group meeting on Saturday to go over and update their bylaws, this meeting was not posted. Doesn't that make it an illegal meeting and voids all the work that was done at the meeting? I am just asking? Anyone have an answer?
This is a violation of the open meetings act. Perhaps someone will file a complaint with the County Attorney. There are criminal penalties involved here.

Katy, TX

#89 Jan 21, 2013
inacar wrote:
That's a GREAT question!! hopefully someone will know the answer and provide it here.

Location hidden

#90 Jan 21, 2013
Well I received a clueless for asking, I guess they can't explain how the meeting followed posting requirements. And even if it was posted, the change of location Saturday morning would have voided the notice. It seems those that know the rules, say the meeting was held illegally, I wonder what the AG office will say?

Katy, TX

#91 Jan 21, 2013
inacar wrote:
Well I received a clueless for asking, I guess they can't explain how the meeting followed posting requirements. And even if it was posted, the change of location Saturday morning would have voided the notice. It seems those that know the rules, say the meeting was held illegally, I wonder what the AG office will say?
It isn't so much what the AG office would say, it is you or somebody has to file charges with the County Attorney. The AG is going to say it was illegal. But to stop them, you must take the evidence to the County Attorney.

Katy, TX

#92 Jan 21, 2013
Up Up and Away wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't so much what the AG office would say, it is you or somebody has to file charges with the County Attorney. The AG is going to say it was illegal. But to stop them, you must take the evidence to the County Attorney.
Inacar, if you have the evidence, you should take it to the county attorney... it might be one step in making the necessary corrections to the way the city government is being conducted in the city of huntington

Katy, TX

#93 Jan 21, 2013
Manuela wrote:
<quoted text>
Inacar, if you have the evidence, you should take it to the county attorney... it might be one step in making the necessary corrections to the way the city government is being conducted in the city of huntington
The EDC would not mind filing charges against you if you had trash in your yard or maybe try to condemn your house if they can find any means to. So you might want to hold them to the letter of the law. According to the facts you stated, the meeting was illegal and there are penalties. It is up to you.

Location hidden

#94 Jan 21, 2013
I will pass on this battle, I just want them to get the rules figured out and start taking their positions seriously. They have the responsibility of tax payer's money and they need to realize the EDC is not just a social club. It's wonderful they are getting the bylaws into compliance and today that's a big positive for Huntington. Besides anyone can file a grievance with the County Attorney if they want to follow through with it. How do you prove they didn't post the meeting? It's a catch 22, she said, we said, they said and no one does anything.........but we have put it out there and now others will start keeping up with their postings or lack there of from now on. As the old farmer and the mule story goes, that's two.

Katy, TX

#95 Jan 21, 2013
inacar wrote:
I will pass on this battle, I just want them to get the rules figured out and start taking their positions seriously. They have the responsibility of tax payer's money and they need to realize the EDC is not just a social club. It's wonderful they are getting the bylaws into compliance and today that's a big positive for Huntington. Besides anyone can file a grievance with the County Attorney if they want to follow through with it. How do you prove they didn't post the meeting? It's a catch 22, she said, we said, they said and no one does anything.........but we have put it out there and now others will start keeping up with their postings or lack there of from now on. As the old farmer and the mule story goes, that's two.
It can be proven alright, lying to an investigator about whether the notice was posted or not has consequences. One member probably will give up the others and turn evidence against them.
Diddly Squat

Katy, TX

#96 Jan 21, 2013
Up and Up ---- Instead of you and Manuela doing all this PUSHING of inacar to do all these things,
Why don't YOU DO IT??
YOU HAVE A BIG MOUTH, BUT THAT IS ABOUT ALL.

Katy, TX

#97 Jan 21, 2013
Diddly Squat wrote:
Up and Up ---- Instead of you and Manuela doing all this PUSHING of inacar to do all these things,
Why don't YOU DO IT??
If I could be you, if you could be me
For just one hour, if we could find a way
To get inside each other's mind
If you could see you through my eyes
Instead your own ego I believe you'd be
I believe you'd be surprised to see
That you've been blind

Walk a mile in my shoes
just walk a mile in my shoes
Before you abuse, criticize and accuse
Then walk a mile in my shoes

Now if we spend the day
Throwin' stones at one another
'Cause I will think,'cause I will think
To wear my hat the same way you do
Well, I may be common people
But I'm your brother
And when you strike out
You're tryin' to hurt me
It's hurtin' you, Lord how mercy

Now there are people on reservations
And out in the ghetto
And whether they're for the grace of God
Or you and I,
If I only had wings of a little angel
Don't you know, I'd fly
To the top of a mountain
And then I'd cry, cry, cry

Katy, TX

#98 Jan 21, 2013
Diddly Squat wrote:
Why don't YOU DO IT??
If I could be you, if you could be me for just one hour
If we could find a way to get inside each other's mind, mh
If you could see you through my eyes instead of your ego
I believe you'd be surprised to see that you've been blind, mh

Walk a mile in my shoes, walk a mile in my shoes
Hey, before you abuse, criticize and accuse
Walk a mile in my shoes

Now your whole world you see around you is just a reflection
And the law of common says you're gonna reap just what you sow
So unless you've lived a life of total perfection
You'd better be careful of every stone that you should throw - yeh-heh

And yet we spend the day throwin' stones at one another
'Cause I don't think or wear my hair the same way you do, mh
Well, I may be common people but I'm your brother
And when you strike out you're tryin' to hurt me it's hurtin' you
Lord, have mercy

Babe, before you abuse, criticize and accuse
Walk a mile in my shoes

And there are people on reservations and out in the ghettos
And brother, there, but for the grace of God, go you and I, yeh-heh
And if I only had wings of a little angel, well
Don't you know, I'd fly to the top of a mountain and then I'd cry

Babe, before you abuse, criticize and accuse
Better walk a mile in my shoes
Try before what you're doing

Location hidden

#99 Jan 22, 2013
I guess we all need to try harder to see other points of view. In time may the view be better for all that has insight into the day to day goings on, my desire is to make things better, not only for myself but for everyone else that lives and loves Huntington. I am a rule person, there are not shades of gray in my view, I believe everyone should follow the same rules of conduct. Do we always make that goal, of course we don't but we should at least be pointed in the "right" direction. And when people are making decisions for me, I hold them to a higher standard of what's right and what's wrong and I think they should also require themselves to that higher standard also.

Lufkin, TX

#100 Jan 22, 2013
inacar wrote:
I guess we all need to try harder to see other points of view. In time may the view be better for all that has insight into the day to day goings on, my desire is to make things better, not only for myself but for everyone else that lives and loves Huntington. I am a rule person, there are not shades of gray in my view, I believe everyone should follow the same rules of conduct. Do we always make that goal, of course we don't but we should at least be pointed in the "right" direction. And when people are making decisions for me, I hold them to a higher standard of what's right and what's wrong and I think they should also require themselves to that higher standard also.
It's a shame that more people don't hold themselves to the same standards that you do!! I agree, everyone should follow the same rules of conduct!

Location hidden

#101 Jan 22, 2013
I came back to this and read it because I really needed to clarify that I do the best I can, I do fail at times.
But for all of you at the Council Meeting tonight and witnessed BG verbal attack on me. Please notice she still didn't explain the mix up on her yearly report for EDC.
She did not explain it at the EDC meeting nor did she explain it tonight. She has requested me to meet her so she can explain it to me. I will be fine with her just explaining it during a meeting. That's all she needs to do.
ratznest

Pineland, TX

#102 Jan 22, 2013
inacar wrote:
I came back to this and read it because I really needed to clarify that I do the best I can, I do fail at times.
But for all of you at the Council Meeting tonight and witnessed BG verbal attack on me. Please notice she still didn't explain the mix up on her yearly report for EDC.
She did not explain it at the EDC meeting nor did she explain it tonight. She has requested me to meet her so she can explain it to me. I will be fine with her just explaining it during a meeting. That's all she needs to do.
Be cautious. Snakes are sneaky. It DOES need to be brought before the council meeting, not behind closed doors with you and her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lufkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mc gangs in Nac Fri FW Daughter 2
reagan mcclain May 22 what 2
Lufkin industries (Sep '15) May 20 Mikey 4
Ben Curtis Affair (Mar '15) May 18 Huckleberry 13
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 14 Jack 993
Rodney wells May 7 Chris 1
Looking to move to Nacogdoches (Dec '09) May 1 Live_between_lufk... 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lufkin Mortgages