Huntington City Council Elections! -May 11, 2013-

Posted in the Lufkin Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Doing what's right....”

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, Texas

#1 Mar 7, 2013
You can still register to vote in the election- until April 22nd. Just go by City Hall.

Here is who is running, as of now:
- Lamar Denby, incumbent
- Willie Ricks, incumbent
- Bobby Boles
- Rachelle Ebarb
- Todd Ricks
- Ina Cardwell

Make your voice heard! Don't just assume that who you want will be elected. If you are able to vote in Huntington's election, please do so! If we don't stand up- then imagine what could happen!

“Doing what's right....”

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, Texas

#2 Mar 7, 2013
Read the names of those running- and do your homework. Look online- ask around- do what you need to do, to find out who you want on the Council this time around. Be sure you look closely at everyone and see what they have to say and how they feel about the position they are running for. Are they respectful? Do they 'play well with others'? How well do you think they will do their job? Important things to find out!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3 Mar 7, 2013
It's best to check your facts for sure.

http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/20...
New Broom Sweeps Clean

Lufkin, TX

#4 Mar 7, 2013
Obviously you want to get rid of the two incumbents as a start. Somehow I thought there were three.

Is there a connection with the Ebarb running now and the Ebarb that was on the council previously?

What is the connection between Incumbent Willie Ricks and new candidate Todd Ricks??

“Doing what's right....”

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, Texas

#5 Mar 7, 2013
ActuallyInHuntington wrote:
You can still register to vote in the election- until April 22nd. Just go by City Hall.
Here is who is running, as of now:
- Lamar Denby, incumbent
- Willie Ricks, incumbent
- Bobby Boles
- Rachelle Ebarb
- Todd Ricks
- Ina Cardwell
Make your voice heard! Don't just assume that who you want will be elected. If you are able to vote in Huntington's election, please do so! If we don't stand up- then imagine what could happen!
***Sorry- LAST DAY to register is: Thursday, April 11, 2013.***
(I was reading the wrong part of the election advisory, for posting the notice about the election. That is extended to April 22nd, since the 21st day before the election falls on a Saturday. The deadline is extended to the next business day.(Sec. 1.006).)

“Doing what's right....”

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, Texas

#6 Mar 7, 2013
inacar wrote:
It's best to check your facts for sure.
http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/20...
That's a good place for facts on dates. But for researching the candidates, sometimes you don't need to look even that far. I'm sure even reading previous posts here on Topix will give a great idea on some. Be sure to print and share!
Ratznest

Burleson, TX

#7 Mar 7, 2013
EBARB, CARDWELL AND BOLES... WE NEED A CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.

Judged:

10

10

6

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8 Mar 8, 2013
New Broom Sweeps Clean wrote:
Obviously you want to get rid of the two incumbents as a start. Somehow I thought there were three.
Is there a connection with the Ebarb running now and the Ebarb that was on the council previously?
What is the connection between Incumbent Willie Ricks and new candidate Todd Ricks??
Keith Malone is stepping down and not running.
The Ebarb's are a married couple.
The Rick's are father and son.
New Broom Sweeps Clean

Lufkin, TX

#9 Mar 8, 2013
Thank you for answering my question
Ratznest

Keene, TX

#10 Mar 9, 2013
Ratznest wrote:
EBARB, CARDWELL AND BOLES... WE NEED A CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.
Wow. I got clueless, disagree and nuts. How funny. How could we get anyworse than yes man, yes man and yes man. Hmmmmm????????

“Doing what's right....”

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, Texas

#11 Mar 11, 2013
inacar wrote:
<quoted text>
Keith Malone is stepping down and not running.
The Ebarb's are a married couple.
The Rick's are father and son.
I think there is a clear answer to who will be best in this election. Thankfully, voters will want who is BEST for the community and they know who to vote for. Take a look at each candidate. See what they do now for their fellow citizens & how they represent themsleves in the community. Google it, Facebook them (oh yes), look on Topix (double yes), ask around. Be informed. Ask questions!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12 Mar 11, 2013
Yes, the answer is quite clear, do you want the City to continue as it has or do you want things better? I do hope everyone looks at what I have said and done. Read all of my comments, check on Facebook and the sites I am involved with in Huntington. And please call me if you have questions, I'm in the phone book.
Diddly Squat

Lufkin, TX

#13 Mar 11, 2013
I don't understand how this "Judge It" system works. As an experiment, I judged "Agree" but nothing changed. The white light bulb with 2, peanut with 2, and red X with 2 all remained the same as it was before I judged with "Agree".

Apparently the first three symbols can't be offset.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14 Mar 11, 2013
Diddly my "judge it" has not worked in quite some time on here. I guess it is working for some, at least the negative buttons are. Surely they will not imply that things need to stay the same. No one is that obtuse are they?
One good thing about voting, how you vote is only between God and you. No one else will ever know unless you tell them.

“Doing what's right....”

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, Texas

#15 Mar 12, 2013
inacar wrote:
Diddly my "judge it" has not worked in quite some time on here. I guess it is working for some, at least the negative buttons are. Surely they will not imply that things need to stay the same. No one is that obtuse are they?
One good thing about voting, how you vote is only between God and you. No one else will ever know unless you tell them.
I noticed that the 'judge it' buttons don't work immediately. It seems to update once you go to another page. I don't think anyone is being obtuse though, only honest. I wish that some of the "judgers" would please post a comment about why they gave those burnt out light bulbs, peanuts, unhappy faces, etc. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.
REGISTERED VOTER

Granbury, TX

#16 Mar 12, 2013
CHANGE IS WHAT YOU GOT WITH THE PRESIDENT AND CARDWELL I AM SURE WE WOULD GET THE SAME QUALITIES AND PROBLEMS IF YOU WIN THE ELECTION. YOU ARE ALWAYS GOSSIPING AND NO TRUTH BEHIND YOUR SNEAKYNESS.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#17 Mar 12, 2013
REGISTERED VOTER wrote:
CHANGE IS WHAT YOU GOT WITH THE PRESIDENT AND CARDWELL I AM SURE WE WOULD GET THE SAME QUALITIES AND PROBLEMS IF YOU WIN THE ELECTION. YOU ARE ALWAYS GOSSIPING AND NO TRUTH BEHIND YOUR SNEAKYNESS.
Since I prefer facts to fiction I don't believe what I do falls under gossip. Just because I disagree with what happens around Huntington doesn't make me a gossip. And being sneaky, I can really tell you don't know me at all.

Definition: Gossip is idle talk or rumor about the personal or private affairs of others. It is one of the oldest and most common means of sharing facts, views and slander. This term is used pejoratively by its reputation for the introduction of errors and variations into the information transmitted, and it also describes idle chat, a rumor of personal, or trivial nature.

“Doing what's right....”

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, Texas

#18 Mar 25, 2013
Gossip: a person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others;
: rumor or report of an intimate nature;
: a chatty talk;
: a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people;
: a person given to gossiping and divulging personal information about others
: wag one's tongue; speak about others and reveal secrets or intimacies;
: To prate; to chat; to talk much.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gos...
http://www.webster-dictionary.org/definition/...

Sums up much of what I have read on Topix. Go back months even- see the beginning posts. They can't be deleted. I read personal attacks on people.(People posting who is supposedly sleeping with who- did anyone know that was fact? No, but it was posted anyway. Some of the postings were so petty, I was embarrassed for the posters. Chatting about who they like & don't like. Name calling. RUMORS. GOSSIP.)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#19 Mar 27, 2013
I do hope everyone goes all the way back and reads everything on these threads. My thoughts have evolved, no doubt about it. I am open to learning more and correcting myself when needed. Anything you see that you feel needs corrected, call me, tell me where I missed the boat. Just be sure you have your proof and have not just listened to someone's version of how things happened.
If you do go back several years to before I started talking on Topix you will find many have voiced the same concerns and opinions, what I have said has not been new news by any means. At times I have given tit for tat, not always the best way to be but I think it was needed at the time. As many already know, not everyone plays by the same rules here in Huntington. It's time for a game changer or two.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#20 Mar 29, 2013
It's great to have another reason to attend the City Council meetings, come and meet the people running for City Council. Rachelle Ebarb, Todd, Ricks, and I were all there last night. Along with our incumbents, Willie Ricks and Lamar Denby, only one missing was Bobby Boles and maybe he will make the next one. I'm sure all of us would love to answer any questions you might have about what we see in the future for the City of Huntington. Plan to make the next Council meeting and get to know us a little better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lufkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zavalla, Texas and Area In 2014. Keep Everyone ... (Mar '14) 35 min Web Slinger 152
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 1 hr That Fart Guy 562
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr That Fart Guy 22,493
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 hr That Fart Guy 18,262
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 10 hr That Fart Guy 676
Sheila Ann Morton missing Sat mystery 2
Hook it up Sep 12 oleblue 1
•••
•••
Lufkin Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lufkin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Lufkin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lufkin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lufkin
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••