Whats your opinion of the Huntington ...

Whats your opinion of the Huntington police chief?

Created by THE WATCHMAN on May 1, 2008

248 votes

Click on an option to vote

great guy

crooked as a snake

city's finest official

wolf in sheeps skin

fair

following old footsteps

couldnt be any better

need a new chief

doesnt honestly do his job

ideal role model

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Rex

Lufkin, TX

#1 May 2, 2008
This new police chief we have unwillfully aquired,is no different than the previous major let downs we've had out of the past two police chiefs. This new one is not respected by a large majority of the public, due to previous encounters as a crooked patrolman. He does not have what several other individuals in the community as well as myself believes it takes to play a leadership role,and that is honesty,integrity,and backbone.That alone is just a few qualifications of many that this so called police chief lacks.The people should be able to vote a chief in instead of just throwing in a new let down.The large majority doesnt want him and will never respect him...
Ole_Cuz

Lufkin, TX

#2 May 2, 2008
I say hell yeah...! Can his ass...! He's just mooching of the city's payroll...! He's not chief material cuz...! He has the look of a coward and I will never have any respect for that ***hole...!
BLAYZE KELLEY

Lufkin, TX

#3 May 2, 2008
THE CHIEF IS NOT WORTH THE TAXPAYERS HARD EARNED DOLLAR. HE QWEEMISH LITTLE RAT HIDING BEHIND HIS BADGE. I KNOW FOR A FACT THE MAN IS A LIAR AND IS SCARED OF HIS OWN SHADOW. HE PULLED MY WIFE AND I OVER ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO AND HE WAS SO NERVOUS HE COULDNT HARDLY WRITE THE TICKET.! I LAUGH WHEN I SEE HIM AND SHAKE MY HEAD. I HAVE ZERO RESPECT FOR THE MAN AND I FEEL HE IS AN EMBARASSMENT TO THE CITY OF HUNTINGTON TX... WE NEED A CHIEF THAT IS AT LEAST DESERVING OF THE JOB !!!!
steve p

Lufkin, TX

#4 May 2, 2008
all this guy is - is another david west and rick wilson. we should call him david wilson.i have a few more names i could give him but its not nice to curse.
U N S E E N E Y E S

Lufkin, TX

#5 May 2, 2008
I READ AN OLD BLOGG POSTED IN AN EARLIER FORUM ABOUT HOW GOOD OF A JOB OUR NEW CHIEF IS DOIN ...GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK ANYBODY WITH ANY SENSE KNOWS BETTER THAN ALL THAT HORSE@#%T..WHAT GOOD HAS HE DONE ? WHAT WEIGHT HAS HE CARRIED ? MY OPINION IS HE IS A JOKE - NOW- JASON CAPPS IS NOTHING BUT HONEST AS HELL !!!! IF YOU DONT WANT THE TRUTH DONT ASK HIM ,HE UPHOLDS THE LAW AND WOULD MAKE AN EXCELLENT POLICE CHIEF . I ALSO HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR HIM AS WELL AS EVERYBODY ELSE I KNOW DOES TOO. HE IS A VERY SERIOUS MAN AND WOULD MAKE A ROLL MODEL CHIEF.ALSO HE WOULDNT BE SCARED OF THE WRONG DOERS IN THIS TOWN LIKE OUR CURRENT CHIEF!!!!!!
frank m

Lufkin, TX

#6 May 2, 2008
i agree with unseen eyes . put the boot to the current chief . and give it to someone who deserves it like j-capps or another damn good candidate would be j-rice out of diboll . those two are some good honest examples of law enforcement. this current one is making in my opinion a laughing stock outta huntington.whatta ya know j- is short for justice, s- is short for sh%t........
Madaline

Lufkin, TX

#7 May 2, 2008
I have been living in huntington for all 67 years of my life . and i have never seen a worse chief in all my days.that boy aint got no backbone about him.
Dawn

Ashburn, VA

#8 May 2, 2008
I think that Officer Capps would be a good police chief. He does have all it takes to the job. The only thing the current chief has to offer is the fact that he is the next David and Rick of Huntington. Are they behind the scenes recruting all the new recruits. To make sure that we have another bad cop to fall in there foot steps.
gustavo s

Lufkin, TX

#9 May 3, 2008
he aint no chief. he is lie and dont tell thetruth .i think he needs to get a new job.
kent

Garrison, TX

#10 Jun 5, 2008
The current Police Chief in Huntington is one of the best that has been employed with the City of Huntington! I don't have a clue where all of you are gaining your information, but you are wrong! I pesonally know the Chief and have for years! He is extremely honest, straight forward, and very hard working! He has been the only employee with the Huntington Police Department in many, many years that has done anything! He has single handedly pulled the weight for the entire department for years! And as far as being scared! Ya'll are nuts! I have seen the man walk straight into the face of danger without any backup or second thoughts! He is such a good person and has devoted alot of blood sweat and tears into the City of Huntington and I for want to commend him and thank him for all the hard work and dedication! As far as Jason Cappps for the Chief Position! You all apparently have not seen what he does on or off the job! He does not have a clue of how to be a Lieutenant, let alone a Chief! If you are ever around the Department you will see that the current Chief does 99% of the work and paperwork for Capps and the rest of the Oficers! Capps doesn't have the knowledge or skills to run a department! The current Chief is the only thing that held the department together during the time West was Chief!!!!!
LMAO

Zavalla, TX

#11 Jun 5, 2008
Ok..I LIKED our "x" police chief David West. I wish he hadn't left. And I laugh just thinkin''bout the "current" police chief. And 2 all those that say Jason Capps for chief...I say u dont have a clue 2 what ur saying! Its true about the "current" chief doing all the paperwork..Y is that? Ask urself that question. I'm sorry but I liked West being chief, but he's happier, i think, NOT having 2 anymore.
fly on the wall

United States

#12 Jun 17, 2008
don't you find it odd how huntington had their dodge charger stolen from the police dept. with an officer on duty inside the police dept., but yet nothing was ever said about it. apparently the officer that had been driving the patrol car on the prior shift had left the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked. it seems that the officer did not hear the car being stolen, nor was it missed until sometime later. these are the people in charge and with the responsibility of protecting us......i feel safe
U are STUPID

Glen Rose, TX

#13 Jun 26, 2008
Apparently "fly on the wall" does not have their information straight! You see, it is ignorant people such as yourself, that do not gather the coreect information before opening it. The Officer that was on duty was not at the Police Department when the vehicle was taken! The Officer was on patrol throughout the City of Huntington! So, if you live inside the incorporated City limits of Huntington, the Officer was actually trying to keep you safe while some drunk idiot felt it was okay to steal the Patrol Car! Regardless of whether the door was locked or not, the drunk had no business entering or taking the vehicle without the effective consent of the City of Huntington or the Chief of Police! What I find extremely odd and sickening is that there are several residents in the City of Huntington that have nothing better to do than to degrade, not only the Police Department, but other people in the community! This is a result from the people whom are ignorant to the facts and feed off of false information and rumors that are fabricated from local criminals! The local criminals such as drug dealers, burglars, drug users, child predators, and dangerous mentally ill subjects with illegal property and weapons, are the STUPID people whom carry these things on! These people dont take in consideration what the Officers are actually doing out there! For example: I bet you didnt know that they recovered a full Methamphetamine Lab last week, they are going prosecuting child predators, and apprehending dangerous criminals! And by the way, the correct information was aired on KTRE on the following two days after the car was stolen! The car was allegedly taken around 3:30 a.m. and the suspect was in the custody of the Huntington Police Department around 6:00 a.m the same day with the combined help and efforts of the Angelina County Sheriff's Office and the Polk County Sheriff's Office! GET YOUR FREAKIN FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
Fly On The Wall

Espanola, NM

#14 Jul 5, 2008
LOL, too funny. Love the hostility. Before you start listing the "CORRECT" information, you may want to learn how to spell it.
slipery

United States

#15 Jan 23, 2009
The Huntington Police Chief is one sexy man!
ann sharon burch cobb

United States

#16 Feb 2, 2009
well i've met him and i thinks he's a great chief! my husband and i had a misunderstanding about a 4 wheeler we owned and he stayed way past his time to gone home to take care of the situation! his wife was waiting outside the whole time for him to get off duty! there's not too many left like him! we should thank god we have a honest man to run our town! God bless sharon burch cobb
lockncock

United States

#17 Feb 3, 2009
I agree Mrs. Cobb! The current Police Chief is one of the hardest working men I know! I have talked to him on several occasions and have been able to see what sincere dedication he has to his work! I know that it takes a real toll on him & his family! There is no doubt he loves his family and I beleive that if it wasn't for him trying to provide all that he can for family, he would've had to leave! The poor man runs the entire department and does ALL of the work by himself!!!! Its a crying shame that the City of Huntington will not get this man some well deserved help in that Police Department! I have seen with my on eyes that he has one or two men working for him that are lazy & worthless! Keep up the good work Chief!!!
Boy

Katy, TX

#18 Jun 30, 2009
Hes a BAD CHIEF
wild

Katy, TX

#19 Jun 30, 2009
The Huntington Chief of Police is just a puppet on a string for city council.
Hott

Katy, TX

#20 Jul 4, 2009
The new Chief who loves his family so much cheates on his wife!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lufkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chelyan Grady Jul 19 Jamie Ester 1
need a ride from hudson meadowbook Jul 19 rideless 1
Looking to move to Nacogdoches (Dec '09) Jul 15 Getsomeperspective 88
Ben Curtis Affair (Mar '15) Jul 14 bigdaddynorth 14
Audibel Jul 12 Gene Craig 4
Sheila Ann Morton missing (Aug '14) Jul 7 ILOVEYOUSHEILA 8
Poll Is Judge Jack Sinz of the Nacogdoches County Co... (May '10) Jul 2 justice 7

Lufkin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lufkin Mortgages