How to ask for open records requests ...

“Doing what's right....”

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, Texas

#23 Sep 2, 2013
Actually your an Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope not you live in one
Wow. Very helpful. Arizona Street, I think your right! The truth must sting.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Doing what's right....”

Huntington, Texas

#24 Sep 7, 2013
ActuallyInHuntington wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the legal response time for open records requests? It's such a shame to see Huntington being developed as a mobile home park. Councilman Harris lives directly across the street from the trailer now, I wonder what he thinks? I have no issues with mobile homes, but there are so many on the main roads. I know some people were having issues with that before, a few years ago. Now who was that???????? They said it brings land value down and looks bad in the city. I'll bet if we look through past emails and possibly notes & minutes from some meetings, we can remember having this discussion recently. How interesting that now it seems to make no difference?
10 business days is the legal response time. Counting now.......... and there are lime limits to sell an 'investment mobile home' before it's considered abandoned. Let's see how this is handled.
Huntington News

Huntington, TX

#25 Sep 7, 2013
Actually your an Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope not you live in one
I guess it hurts when he is put under the pressure Actually. Truth hurts. Have you heard the new rap song out? Big Boys Fall Hard toO. Good people can only be fooled so long and not everyone in Huntington is as stupid as he thinks.

“Doing what's right....”

Huntington, Texas

#26 Sep 10, 2013
Huntington News- I've heard through the grapevine that there have been questions about your identity. Maybe you've hit a nerve as well? Seems that it looks like you work for a newspaper or other news source. At the last council meeting Mr. Boles asked that everyone be careful of social media, and learn some self control. It seems that not everyone heard that message, and certain people are still looking to Topix for gossip. I know the mayor and a few of the past council members had made a point to not look at Topix for that reason. Just interesting that those saying they don't get on here are the ones questioning the content. Hard to do when you don't read it, right?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Q Taxpayer

Lufkin, TX

#27 Sep 11, 2013
I can tell you for a fact that there is more truths being posted on here that in the grapevine around town. No wonder he wants everyone to not look on here. I can understand that it might be hard to differentiate between fact and bull crap anywhere but that is when it is vital for an individual to seek out the truth. The grapevine around town is full of so many half truths and lies that it can not be trusted for any truths. My point being that if you want the truth, you have to do the leg work to find it. Because every story has three sides and they are never the same.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Another View

Katy, TX

#30 Sep 18, 2013
I have no idea what the Huntington Mobile Home Ordinance consists of, but make sure it is complied with up front. Once time passes, enforcement becomes harder.

If I were a neighbor, some of the things I would want is:

Plenty of room on the lot so there would be no on street parking.

Mobile home new enough that all wiring is copper.

Mobile Home must be skirted.

Only one mobile home to the lot and one family to the mobile home.

Limit on amount of pets and no raising for sale.

No business out of mobile home (such as car repair etc)
Huntington News

Nacogdoches, TX

#31 Sep 20, 2013
Hey I am home and Jody, I am not the newspaper, sorry she got blamed for me. Your an idiot! You have started most of the trouble in that little town because you didn't get your way with the women. You believe women should be subservient to you and I understand there were a few women who did not do what you wanted but stood up to you. How did you get where you are? Wife helped a lot I understand. Go back to Lumberton. Oh, from what I found out they don't want you and neither does Woodville. Get out of our schools, get out of our town Big Boy.

Man up to me big boy or shut up and quit gossiping and stirring trouble like a girl. You called the newspaper out and she did nothing she doesn't know me, but guess you have a guilty conscience. You lie, you start lies and you spread lies. They are out of control and so are you.

The people are smarter than you think and you will fall hard.
HUH

Katy, TX

#32 Sep 20, 2013
Huntington News wrote:
Hey I am home and Jody, I am not the newspaper, sorry she got blamed for me. Your an idiot! You have started most of the trouble in that little town because you didn't get your way with the women. You believe women should be subservient to you and I understand there were a few women who did not do what you wanted but stood up to you. How did you get where you are? Wife helped a lot I understand. Go back to Lumberton. Oh, from what I found out they don't want you and neither does Woodville. Get out of our schools, get out of our town Big Boy.
Man up to me big boy or shut up and quit gossiping and stirring trouble like a girl. You called the newspaper out and she did nothing she doesn't know me, but guess you have a guilty conscience. You lie, you start lies and you spread lies. They are out of control and so are you.
The people are smarter than you think and you will fall hard.
That sure didn't make much sense.
Huntington News

Godley, TX

#33 Sep 22, 2013
HUH wrote:
<quoted text>
That sure didn't make much sense.
HUH Da! Da! Da! Went over ya head huh!
Must not know much about Moma Big Boy who thinks he is bad. Be careful who you list your property with. Lots of unhappy sellers in this area and it's starting to eat him up. Won't be long.
Do you remember the ol Pac Man Game?

People are smarter than you think Big Boy.

questioning

United States

#34 Sep 23, 2013
What is the BOA in Huntington? What are they supposed to do? where did it come from? when did it start? Why?

“Doing what's right....”

Huntington, Texas

#36 Sep 24, 2013
City Council Meeting Tonight (Tuesday) 09/24/2013
6:00 PM- Huntington City Hall

It should be an interesting meeting. Council is going to discuss the 2012 & 2013 budget and the 2013 property tax rate. These are major topics for everyone in Huntington!

A payroll audit was requested by the new council recently, and they voted to pay to have it done. This was a special audit- & if I remember correctly, it was to look into misappropriation and embesslement accusations. I'm very interested the hear the outcome of this audit. I've been asking for proof for a long time, & no one has materialized any. Let's see if this shows anything?

They're also going to discuss & possibly approve removing BM & BG from the city account at Texas State Bank. Wait. What? I know I heard BG request (a few meetings ago) to be removed from ALL accounts with the city? How is this an action item now? And why has it taken so long? BM retired months ago too.

Someone is also addressing the Council about the condition of an RV park in town, and also about Arkansas St, in the Wilson addition.

http://www.cityofhuntington.org/wp -
content/uploads/2013/08/Agenda -24Sep2013.pdf

That is the agenda, in a nutshell. Hopefully everyone can make it! I hope there are plenty of questions!
Another View

Katy, TX

#37 Sep 25, 2013
questioning wrote:
What is the BOA in Huntington? What are they supposed to do? where did it come from? when did it start? Why?
Isn't that a bright colored fuzzy snake looking thing that women used to wear draped around the neck over the shoulders when they partied.

“Doing what's right....”

Huntington, Texas

#38 Sep 25, 2013
questioning wrote:
Another View wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that a bright colored fuzzy snake looking thing that women used to wear draped around the neck over the shoulders when they partied.
The BOA is the Business Owner's Association. It was formed just last year I think (I might be a year off, time has flown!). I can't really tell you why or what they do, I'm not really sure. I know they are putting a billboard up in town with some businesses that paid to advertise on it. They are working on developing their website too so maybe we'll get more information in the future. You can become a member by paying the fee and having a business associated with Huntington.(Again, please let me know if I'm wrong, I can't find a thing about our BOA online) They have monthly meetings I believe. When I looked for other BOAs, I found that they are a 501(C)(6) nonprofit organization- so they must have a mission statement saying what they are all about somewhere (it's required for those, to be nonprofit), I just don't have it in front of me.

The BOAs I found info on charge about $125 a year to be a member. They offer benefits for business owners/members as well. Here is some of what I found from other cities.(again- NOT Huntington, I am not saying this is from our BOA, just general information)
•Information and program opportunities to help grow business
•Participation in events (“meet your local business owners” and city wide business events)
•Discounts on products and services from other member businesses
•Networking opportunities

There is a board of 7 elected directors usually- who is on the board for Huntington's BOA?
Maybe someone else reading these comments will enlighten us?

“Doing what's right....”

Huntington, Texas

#39 Oct 8, 2013
Another View wrote:
I have no idea what the Huntington Mobile Home Ordinance consists of, but make sure it is complied with up front. Once time passes, enforcement becomes harder.
If I were a neighbor, some of the things I would want is:
Plenty of room on the lot so there would be no on street parking.
Mobile home new enough that all wiring is copper.
Mobile Home must be skirted.
Only one mobile home to the lot and one family to the mobile home.
Limit on amount of pets and no raising for sale.
No business out of mobile home (such as car repair etc)
It's a lot about as wide as the mobile home, so it will be hard to have 'plenty of room' for anything. Have you driven by?
Also, the chicken wire fence that was put up was a nice touch to the entire property. They could have added old multi-colored sheet metal to really make it look nice. I'm not sure what good chicken wire does other than look tacky? Perhaps they are planning on having cows or a horse too? Perhaps some old appliances and toilets outside will add to it?
The mobile home is only partially skirted, so that needs to get fixed. Time in running out. The 60 days expire in Novemebr so I hope the ugly thing gets in to compliance soon or they get ready to move it. I'm assuming it was sold to another buyer already, as the person who owns it now will not be living there and must sell it or again- be out of compliance.
Surely the person who bought it as well as the person who sold it for that purpose, knows the rules and regulations? And that they are not making a very good name for themselves "beautifying" Huntington as they are? "Investment" trailers with chicken wire fences really make everyone in the area thrilled I'm sure! I'm glad I don't live close enough to have to look at it. What a plan for city development.
Huntington News

Lexington, OK

#40 Oct 8, 2013
Yea, your good old town realator did that one and he does not have to live in Huntington or pay taxes here so he don't care as long as he makes that moneyh. People will wise up and run his big mouth out after a few more are ripped off for ther property.I heard he is on the school board and now is in charge of that business group in town. He is not my friend and I am not afraid to tell the big boy. I don't like what hes done.
bypasser

Newton, TX

#41 Oct 9, 2013
Huntington News wrote:
Yea, your good old town realator did that one and he does not have to live in Huntington or pay taxes here so he don't care as long as he makes that moneyh. People will wise up and run his big mouth out after a few more are ripped off for ther property.I heard he is on the school board and now is in charge of that business group in town. He is not my friend and I am not afraid to tell the big boy. I don't like what hes done.
What does the realator have to do with it now didnt he sell it?? And you knoe why he started his business club to start with?

“Doing what's right....”

Huntington, Texas

#42 Oct 14, 2013
bypasser wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the realator have to do with it now didnt he sell it?? And you knoe why he started his business club to start with?
He probably has nothing to do with the chicken wire fence that just went up, I'll agree there. Anything going on now is at the new owner's discretion, not who sold it to him. Business is business- you can buy & sell land/mobile homes all day and it's not personal. What you do to make a dollar is up to you, what's right or wrong really doesn't matter. The only people it matters to are the people living near it I suppose, being affected. But they are just tax payers and families, no reason to worry about them, right? And if Huntington looks like a mobile home park, and you don't live near it- why complain?
Ask the new owner why he agreed to buy the tiny lot to begin with. Then you will get the entire story. He's now an "investor" with his very first investment trailer. Will there be more to come? Buying property as an investment and putting a mobile home on it is a quick dollar. They can't be rented out, but they can be bought by an individual then "owner financed" to someone else. Loopholes and ways around ordinances- all you need is someone to help you know what to do.
Huntington News

Clyde, TX

#43 Oct 14, 2013
He is a snake out for the dollar. He is a realator who really does not care for the people in this town as he lives in a Big Boy house out of town. This town is his money maker but to junky to live in. He is full of lies and cheats. It will catch up with him or he will cheat the wrong person. Wait and see.
ThinkThinkThink

Huntington, TX

#44 Oct 15, 2013
I notice there is reference to a sexual harassment suit filed against former city adm. Has this been settled?
BON CHANCE

Montgomery, TX

#45 Oct 15, 2013
ThinkThinkThink wrote:
I notice there is reference to a sexual harassment suit filed against former city adm. Has this been settled?
Have you SEEN the person that filed this claim?...laughable in itself...somebody would have to be blind...never mind...best to keep one's mouth shut on that ludicrous claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lufkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Camp la Junta Falsely Claims Camp Safety Accred... Feb 17 ihmcw 1
News Arbor writes $46.5M in Texas multifamily loans (Jan '12) Jan 31 FART POOL 2
PetSense (Feb '08) Jan 26 mud 44
Brenda g muncy Jan '18 Whatever 1
Carra's Pest & Termite and owner Carra Liles (Jul '10) Jan '18 Former Employee 20
Michael pullin Dec '17 Hatersgonehate 1
Michael pullin Dec '17 Hatersgonehate08 1

Lufkin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lufkin Mortgages