How to ask for open records requests ...

How to ask for open records requests city of Huntington

Posted in the Lufkin Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Katy, TX

#2 Aug 13, 2012
I would like to see this thread active again

“Seeking out the truth”

Since: Dec 12

Huntington

#3 Dec 11, 2012
Who exactly would you even request the information through? The fire department, them Board of Director or through City Hall?

How do you find out who the board of directors are?

Katy, TX

#5 Dec 11, 2012
TrendyS wrote:
Who exactly would you even request the information through? The fire department, them Board of Director or through City Hall?

How do you find out who the board of directors are?
call the fire dept to find the names of the board of directors. It is not necessary though to have their names to make records requests

Katy, TX

#6 Dec 17, 2012
This would be a good thread for the citizens to voice their complaints to learn how to get the answers through open records for all their questions, especially now that Bruce has brought more legal issues to the city of huntington.

United States

#7 Dec 17, 2012
Manuela wrote:
This would be a good thread for the citizens to voice their complaints to learn how to get the answers through open records for all their questions, especially now that Bruce has brought more legal issues to the city of huntington.
You are so right Manuela. Citizens need to request records related to the sex harassment suit
Diddly Squat

Katy, TX

#8 Dec 17, 2012
The phone at the fire station is not not manned and I doubt if there would be an answer.
I just checked the "Consolidated Phone Directory" and don't find the Huntington Fire Dept, tho there are others.

Location hidden

#9 Dec 18, 2012
Diddly Squat wrote:
The phone at the fire station is not not manned and I doubt if there would be an answer.
I just checked the "Consolidated Phone Directory" and don't find the Huntington Fire Dept, tho there are others.
You can call Jerry at home, his number is listed.

Lufkin, TX

#10 Dec 18, 2012
It's always best to talk to the source, usually that is how you get the correct information
wishingonastar

Lufkin, TX

#11 Aug 29, 2013
I was told 4 months ago that I can't put a mobile home on land I am buying from my freind in the city. But today I see one was put on pecan st. I was in town last week, it wasnt there. Did he own that land so long that he can put that mh on it? I looked at who owns it, for about 9 years it says. why is that ok, but not me buying land for one? anyone know if something changed?
Arizona Street

Whitney, TX

#12 Aug 29, 2013
Friends in high places maybe?

“Doing what's right....”

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, Texas

#13 Aug 29, 2013
Pecan Street? If you mean the mobile home that was recently moved onto the property on Sixth St (I think Pecan dead ends there, so you might call it Pecan)- that lot was recently sold. The new owners don't live there or close to it. It was sold to them as an "investment property". It seems as though you think the people next to it put the trailer there, that is not the case, they did not even own that lot before. I'm sure the neighbors all love to be in the new Huntington Mobile Home park.(As you see, there are 2 mobile homes on the other side as well that have been there.)
If you look it up or call the city, you can see who owned it and sold it for the trailer to be placed there- that might help you understand how and why. And yes, to 'Arizona Street'- that looks like the case to me too. That and catching the city when there is no city manager to sign off on a permit.
Lynn Street

Whitney, TX

#14 Aug 29, 2013
I live in a HOUSE on Lynn Street and do not like that there is another mobile home for me to look at. I thought there was some law that didn't allow mobile homes to come into town. Are we going to be a city of mobile homes? Was this approved by the city?
Huntington News

Covington, TX

#15 Aug 29, 2013
It appears there is a realitor in town who likes selling lots as investment property and somehow has managed to get away with it with this new council. No one to oversee the city business. The Mobile Home ordinance says it has to meet certain qualifications and that the MH owner and property owner have to be the same and live in it as a residential property.
Seems he has found a way for it to be placed on a lot and than sold for profit. Not caring about our town or the neighborhood. He does not live in the city. Has a business here but it does not profit the city any.
Huntington News

Covington, TX

#16 Aug 29, 2013
Lynn Street wrote:
I live in a HOUSE on Lynn Street and do not like that there is another mobile home for me to look at. I thought there was some law that didn't allow mobile homes to come into town. Are we going to be a city of mobile homes? Was this approved by the city?
Go to the city web site and there is a place to request open records on it. Ask for all the documents related to the movile home place at -------. You will be able to see who , what , when and where.

I suggest you and your friends come to the city council meeting and ask question.
Web site is cityofhuntington.org
Huntington News

Covington, TX

#17 Aug 29, 2013
wishingonastar wrote:
I was told 4 months ago that I can't put a mobile home on land I am buying from my freind in the city. But today I see one was put on pecan st. I was in town last week, it wasnt there. Did he own that land so long that he can put that mh on it? I looked at who owns it, for about 9 years it says. why is that ok, but not me buying land for one? anyone know if something changed?

Read the information above. You should be able to buy land and mobile home and place on lot if it meets the criteria.

“Doing what's right....”

Huntington, Texas

#18 Sep 1, 2013
A screen name is just that- a name. Anyone can choose the anonymous name to use on this site. If you are one of those who trolls this gossip column looking for something to be upset over- remember that ANYONE can choose ANY name they want. Just because someone posts as 'ice cream lover', doesn't mean they work at our local Dairy Queen. Just some clarification for anyone still trying to point out who people are on here.(Since it is obviously to tempting to resist) I probably know who some of them are too, but I don't have that info for sure, so its a speculation. I see the confusion that some posters have the same opinions so it could look like they are all one person...but what is happening is others are finding out the truth and they are posting and they feel the same way! Other people know and see what is happening and they are speaking out. You can only hide things for so long in a small town. The truth eventually finds its way out. To anyone who has an opinion, please feel free to post it. Its time the citizens of Huntington know the entire story.(Yes, I know some past posters have come back with new names, like 'bump' & others, I can't do much about that. But will you print these posts and go ask them?)

“Doing what's right....”

Huntington, Texas

#19 Sep 1, 2013
Huntington News wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the city web site and there is a place to request open records on it. Ask for all the documents related to the movile home place at -------. You will be able to see who , what , when and where.
I suggest you and your friends come to the city council meeting and ask question.
Web site is cityofhuntington.org
What is the legal response time for open records requests? It's such a shame to see Huntington being developed as a mobile home park. Councilman Harris lives directly across the street from the trailer now, I wonder what he thinks? I have no issues with mobile homes, but there are so many on the main roads. I know some people were having issues with that before, a few years ago. Now who was that???????? They said it brings land value down and looks bad in the city. I'll bet if we look through past emails and possibly notes & minutes from some meetings, we can remember having this discussion recently. How interesting that now it seems to make no difference?
Huntington News

Garrison, TX

#20 Sep 1, 2013
Keep watching. It appears there are numerous Mobile Homes coming to town. I understand the Ebarb's recently bought property and put a mobile home on it for their family. Wonder how the new council women got her permit??? Or did she? I understand they are planning on putting in two more mobile homes on the property across from them. They sure are coming into the real estate business. Makes one wonder. Or did she?? Friend in high places.
Actually your an Idiot

Hemphill, TX

#21 Sep 1, 2013
ActuallyInHuntington wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the legal response time for open records requests? It's such a shame to see Huntington being developed as a mobile home park. Councilman Harris lives directly across the street from the trailer now, I wonder what he thinks? I have no issues with mobile homes, but there are so many on the main roads. I know some people were having issues with that before, a few years ago. Now who was that???????? They said it brings land value down and looks bad in the city. I'll bet if we look through past emails and possibly notes & minutes from some meetings, we can remember having this discussion recently. How interesting that now it seems to make no difference?
I hope not you live in one

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Arizona Street

Sunray, TX

#22 Sep 2, 2013
Actually in Huntington I think you hit a nerve!!! Maybe something to this after all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lufkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ben Curtis? Apr 22 bigdaddynorth 1
Huntington pd out of line Apr 19 Sassy5 2
murder (Dec '08) Apr 16 Glenda 22
Wife needs young guys Apr 16 scumbagcarl 2
Randall gilchrist Mar '18 Bird 5
News The oldest town in Texas beckons for an off-the... Mar '18 pedro lopez garcia 8
Camp la Junta Falsely Claims Camp Safety Accred... Feb '18 ihmcw 1

Lufkin Jobs

Personal Finance

Lufkin Mortgages