Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Ludowici Forum

Comments (Page 893)

Showing posts 17,841 - 17,860 of47,943
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
If only they knew who represented their best interests.
Back in the day, I remember standing in the projects after arresting some guy for beating his kids with a 2"x4", and listening to all the locals shouting how I was just like those rich folks down the road in the 10 million dollar mansions.(Actually they were 30 million dollar mansions).
No matter how, over the years, I tried to convince them that I was a working stiff too, and that I there to keep them safe, they always thought I had more in common with the billionaire down the road, than I had in common with them.
Americans today are like that it seems more than ever.
No matter how many rich, white, spoiled, politically connected, politicians insult the average white male, calling them useless 47% parasites, calling to do away with Social Security, Medicare, and Educational Assistance, destroying unions and limiting lawsuits that protect them, and otherwise urinate on them, average white males keep voting for these goofballs.
Someday the working class guy in Blairsville might understand he has more in common with the black 7-11 worker in Atlanta than he does the rich, white, corrupt senator he votes for, but I doubt it.
Powerless people like to identify with powerful people - even if it's completely imaginary and self-defeating.

As Karl Rove said: "As long as we have abortion, guns, and gays to fight about - the South is ours."
Yes, I carefully avoided using the term "best interests".

But Obama is the divisive ol' meany who said:
And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Who could've imagined that people vote for a variety of reasons, some are racially motivated, some are religiously motivated, some are economically motivated, and I'd venture a guess that in most cases it's a combination of all three. In fact, going out on a limb here, I'd say that people vote for those who they feel best represent their interests and views.
You're the who brought up the Myth of the Southern Strategy, I merely showed how others have debunked it. But it served the purpose of making you backtrack into common sense, so I'd call that a positive.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/facts...
What is a TRAP bill?
TRAP stands for Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers. TRAP bills single out abortion providers for medically unnecessary, politically motivated state regulations. They can be divided into three general categories:
a measure that singles out abortion providers for medically unnecessary regulations, standards, personnel qualifications, building and/or structural requirements;
a politically motivated provision that needlessly addresses the licensing of abortion clinics and/or charges an exorbitant fee to register a clinic in the state; or
a measure that unnecessarily regulates where abortions may be provided or designates abortion clinics as ambulatory surgical centers, outpatient care centers, or hospitals without medical justification.
Abortion is very safe.
Abortion is one of the safest and most commonly provided medical procedures in the United States. Fewer than 0.3% of abortion patients experience a complication requiring hospitalization.1 In the U.S., more than 90% of all abortions are provided in outpatient facilities such as doctors' offices and clinics. Credit for the outstanding safety record of abortion care is attributed to the specialized quality care given and received in these facilities. Since the legalization of abortion in 1973, the provision of abortion services in the U.S. has become a public health model for the rest of the world. There is no evidence that abortions would be safer in another setting, or that abortions are performed inadequately in outpatient facilities.
Abortion is already regulated.
All health care facilities, including abortion providers, are required to comply with a variety of federal and state regulations. These include the federal Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements, as well as state and local regulations including building and fire codes. All medical professionals, including physicians and clinicians who work in abortion care, are required to maintain professional standards and licenses and complete continuing medical education courses.
I will be happy to get into this further if needed tonight, but no time now. But I'll leave you with this, you stated:
"All health care facilities, including abortion providers, are required to comply with a variety of federal and state regulations."

One name: Kermit Gosnell

"The Back Alley: How the politics of abortion protects bad clinics"
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
Why

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

The fallacy of polls.

Washington Post/ABC Poll. May 2013.

"Comprehensive immigration reform moves to the Senate floor next week with solid overall support from the public."

"The Washington Post is confounded by its own poll. Only 18 percent of Americans support the Gang of Eight's legalization-first approach to illegal immigration, according to the same Washington Post/ABC News poll."

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusablog/b...
Why

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Tweak, tweak, tweak.

Try to fix a bad commode with the wrong tools, and the commode will still be full of crap.

"Collins, of Maine, and Indiana's Donnelly wrote that they introduced the "Forty Hours is Full Time Act of 2013" to resolve this problem with the healthcare law. The senators' bill, introduced Wednesday, defines a full-time employee as working an average of 40 hours a week or 174 hours a month for full-time equivalents."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/collins-donn...
Why

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

"Obamacare Could Push 1 Million Americans From 'Work to Welfare'."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obamacare-we...

Why

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

After getting his azz kicked in the court system,

Wimpy "Obama to Submit New Labor Board Nominees to Senate."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/obama-labor-b...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the who brought up the Myth of the Southern Strategy, I merely showed how others have debunked it. But it served the purpose of making you backtrack into common sense, so I'd call that a positive.
Nope, not bracktracking at all.

Here's the post you were responding to,
and the contention I was responding to in that post.

General Robert E Lee wrote:
...One more thing, it wasn't until Reagan, that the south turned from devout democrat, to republican.
As you can plainly see I was responding to a mischaracterization by another contributor by providing a reference to what the Sountern Strategy was, and a reference the event attributed to Reagan's use of it.

In that post I never argued that racial motivation was the SOLE reason for the rise of Republican support in the south, but it is certianly ONE of the reasons. Other reasons being those that I mentioned. The south was changing, the country was changing, and the party that offered a perception of stability would have been attractive for a number of reasons to a number of economic brackets.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not bracktracking at all.
Here's the post you were responding to,
and the contention I was responding to in that post.
General Robert E Lee wrote:
...One more thing, it wasn't until Reagan, that the south turned from devout democrat, to republican.
As you can plainly see I was responding to a mischaracterization by another contributor by providing a reference to what the Sountern Strategy was, and a reference the event attributed to Reagan's use of it.
In that post I never argued that racial motivation was the SOLE reason for the rise of Republican support in the south, but it is certianly ONE of the reasons. Other reasons being those that I mentioned. The south was changing, the country was changing, and the party that offered a perception of stability would have been attractive for a number of reasons to a number of economic brackets.
I believe I said the same regarding Reagan.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be happy to get into this further if needed tonight, but no time now. But I'll leave you with this, you stated:
"All health care facilities, including abortion providers, are required to comply with a variety of federal and state regulations."
One name: Kermit Gosnell
"The Back Alley: How the politics of abortion protects bad clinics"
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
Thank you for proving the very point that current regulations are effective. If this were not the case you would be providing enough examples to change this:

Abortion is one of the safest and most commonly provided medical procedures in the United States. Fewer than 0.3% of abortion patients experience a complication requiring hospitalization.

But hey, knock yourself out.
Why

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for proving the very point that current regulations are effective. If this were not the case you would be providing enough examples to change this:
Abortion is one of the safest and most commonly provided medical procedures in the United States. Fewer than 0.3% of abortion patients experience a complication requiring hospitalization.
But hey, knock yourself out.

Yep, killing babies is easy, they don't put up a fight.

using a 45 automatic is cheaper.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>what do you mean you agree completely- I think that I recall you saying that you were pro- choice. flip- flop?
I agree with Agg's political stance on being conservative first and Republican second and voting for the lesser of two evils. I am not pro-abortion, but I am pro-choice.( I know that's not being conservative.) If a woman wants that on her conscience, that's on her. I am against partial birth abortion. I used to be against abortion, but I realized there will always be idiots using idiotic ways to abort themselves so I reconsidered. I see how some children are neglected because perhaps they weren't wanted and that's disturbing. Honestly, I'm torn about that issue. I reserve the right to revert back to my original way of thinking at any given time. I DO think the abortion issue is one of the reasons Republicans are losing elections.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

40 years later we're still having the same conversations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Amazing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>you know that if say, a man and woman came here illegally 15 yrs. ago and had 4 children that the children are U.S. citizens? If we send the parents back, what should we do with the children? I am just asking?
Send the children back with the parents. I haven't gone back and caught up, so this may have already been discussed, but I don't think the children born in the U.S. of illegal parents should automatically be citizens. That is ridiculous, imo.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Why wrote:
"On October 13, 2012, President Obama boasted to Americans in his weekly address that he refused to “let Detroit go bankrupt.”"
" The city of Detroit filed the largest municipal bankruptcy case in U.S. history Thursday, culminating a decades-long slide that transformed the nation’s iconic industrial town into a model of urban decline crippled by population loss, a dwindling tax base and financial problems."
"A city official notably said the federal government should bail out Detroit."
A dead city brought about by incompetent politicians elected by ignorant voters. This is the future of all of America.
His proclamation was made when he was heading toward reelection. He needed the votes. As he has shown, when he doesn't need someone or something any more, all bets are off. He's evil.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Actually they have now condemned the term "illegal" when referring to any aliens or immigrants now. Check it out.
Do you think that I care what PC'ers do or think. Just another form of Cultural Marxism. That is what and where Political correctness came from. Again change the name of something so it doesn't sound so bad. Fools the people every time.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

HHS Admits: You Might Not Be Able to Keep Your Doctor Under Obamacare
Flashback: "If you've got a doctor that you like, you will be able to keep your doctor," Obama said

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>But I don't believe any of this will ever happen because the employers and the politicians are in cahoots, as usual.
The odds say you are correct.
wait a minute

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Agg's political stance on being conservative first and Republican second and voting for the lesser of two evils. I am not pro-abortion, but I am pro-choice.( I know that's not being conservative.) If a woman wants that on her conscience, that's on her. I am against partial birth abortion. I used to be against abortion, but I realized there will always be idiots using idiotic ways to abort themselves so I reconsidered. I see how some children are neglected because perhaps they weren't wanted and that's disturbing. Honestly, I'm torn about that issue. I reserve the right to revert back to my original way of thinking at any given time. I DO think the abortion issue is one of the reasons Republicans are losing elections.
You "evolved" LOL

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>you know that if say, a man and woman came here illegally 15 yrs. ago and had 4 children that the children are U.S. citizens? If we send the parents back, what should we do with the children? I am just asking?
I am a hard ass, so I say send them all back. If you are a bleeding heart then just send the parents back, but only if Mexico pays the school system for the kids education. If they don't then send them all back. We did pay to educate these kids didn't we? They were all here illegally. Do we reward criminals and people that break the law?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 17,841 - 17,860 of47,943
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ludowici Discussions

Search the Ludowici Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 6 hr marvinstevens 2,040
Klingbeil/Farley murder suicide 2006 (Mar '11) Jun 25 Toni 10
Debate: Marijuana - Hinesville, GA (Sep '10) Jun 22 weavinggoddess 46
Military should have to live on post (Oct '13) Jun 19 Too Dependent 6
Ludowici reinstates police chief Jun 19 oh okay 2
where's all the weed at? Jun '14 WoW 7
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) Jun '14 Drewdafoo 238
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ludowici Jobs

•••