Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your just too dense or closed minded for me to correspond with. I am through with you.
Those pesky fact always tend to tie the tongues of folks like you. Why don't you OPEN your mind to the truth, you can still hate the current President and the party he represents, just don't lie about it. You didn't refute one statement, you can't. So go off in the corner and play with yourself, or better yet just go away.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Who wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...Americans didn't throw away their freedoms, Congress took them away without the majority of Americans approving, the same with Obamacare, and will be the same if Immigration passes.
I always get a kick out of right wingers who always blame "Congress" for things that carry a majority of Republican support. While there is no doubt that the original Patriot Act (2001) had bipartisan support in both houses, passing the Senate 98/1 and the House 357/66, there were NO repercussions from a angered populus at the theft of our freedoms. In fact, when the Patriot Act came up for re-authorization in 2006 it still passed with bipartisan support in the Senate 89/10 (those 10 nays were all Democrats), but in the House support was slipping even more with a final vote (280/138) consisting of (Yeas 214-R, 66-D),(Nays 13-R, 124-D, 1-I).

The votes on the FISA Amendment of 2008 and its extension in 2012 carried similar bipartisan support, but again there was no popular uprising agaisnt those voting in support of these measures.

Seante 2008 69/28
Senate 2012 73/23

House 2008 293/129
House 2012 301/118

If the majority of Americans didn't approve, then they would have thrown out a majority of both parties in the next election, but that didn't happen. Face it, when Republicans are in control you got no problem with this, until the shoe is on the other foot, only then does the sky start to fall.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

danger zone wrote:
I'm a big girl, but I'd lie if I said your support isn't appreciated....
You are most certainly welcome! Not that you need it, though.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Oh hush. Please. The b*T*h is stupid. I tried to talk to the dummy, but she's a stupid idiot. Dave was complaining the other day about stupid dummies like her take all substance out of this thread. You're just nice to her because she kisses you and Ag's a$$. I don't like her stupid a$$. I said i was sorry for replyin to her post. I assure you it won't happen again.
I'm wondering if the irony of this post, by this poster, is missed by anyone...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1 Yep, their (lack of) class ultimately "shines through"...
That's how the libroids respond when getting their a$$es handed to them...
Tell us all you know about illegals not being able to own real estate, prove once again that you are clueless and uneducated.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on OMTE, how come you Lefties are allowed to give each other attaboys, but if we on the Right especially like something one of us posted and we tell them, we're kissing a$$?
The left is allowed the double standard.
Who

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
I always get a kick out of right wingers who always blame "Congress" for things that carry a majority of Republican support. While there is no doubt that the original Patriot Act (2001) had bipartisan support in both houses, passing the Senate 98/1 and the House 357/66, there were NO repercussions from a angered populus at the theft of our freedoms. In fact, when the Patriot Act came up for re-authorization in 2006 it still passed with bipartisan support in the Senate 89/10 (those 10 nays were all Democrats), but in the House support was slipping even more with a final vote (280/138) consisting of (Yeas 214-R, 66-D),(Nays 13-R, 124-D, 1-I).
The votes on the FISA Amendment of 2008 and its extension in 2012 carried similar bipartisan support, but again there was no popular uprising agaisnt those voting in support of these measures.
Seante 2008 69/28
Senate 2012 73/23
House 2008 293/129
House 2012 301/118
If the majority of Americans didn't approve, then they would have thrown out a majority of both parties in the next election, but that didn't happen. Face it, when Republicans are in control you got no problem with this, until the shoe is on the other foot, only then does the sky start to fall.

"popular uprising"

LOL- you expect a popular uprising from a dumb voting populace?
The same voting populace who don't know who is President? The same voting populace like Jonathan Ringen, asst managing editor at Rolling stone magazine. on c-span this morning who can hardly speak good english from a fried mind, talking about Marijuana should be legalized?

The same voting populace who dont know who their elected representatives are?

Face it, when you don't have a clue about the voting populace, you spew forth your obstinacy as you do in every post you make, party affiliation is not a consideration in your depressed opinions.

As for your response on my post about creating a conservative party, it would include many of the blue dog democrats in congress today. Conservatism has no party favorites, only those who claim to be conservatives. We elect democrats and republicans; of course someone in your mode of obstinacy will give rebuttal to that also.

So go ahead and make a butt out of yourself with your rebuttal, show us your azz.

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
"popular uprising"
The same voting populace who don't know who is President? The same voting populace like Jonathan Ringen, asst managing editor at Rolling stone magazine. on c-span this morning who can hardly speak good english from a fried mind, talking about Marijuana should be legalized?
Face it, when you don't have a clue about the voting populace, you spew forth your obstinacy as you do in every post you make, party affiliation is not a consideration in your depressed opinions.
As for your response on my post about creating a conservative party, it would include many of the blue dog democrats in congress today. Conservatism has no party favorites, only those who claim to be conservatives. We elect democrats and republicans; of course someone in your mode of obstinacy will give rebuttal to that also.
So go ahead and make a butt out of yourself with your rebuttal, show us your azz.
It's quite claer that the "dumb voting populace" is simply all those voting Americans who do not agree with you. Both the Patriot Act and the FISA Amendment, and their re-authorization, passed with bipartisan majority support. That support came from both conservatives and liberals on both sides of the aisle and extended deep into the "dumb voting populace". But only you, and the ACLU, stood outside this tide.

And that third party solution, tell us how effective it would be since it would be made up of the same "dumb voting populace" that you hold in such contempt.

You are a joke,
but keep posting cause it would be so Boring without you.
Who

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
It's quite claer that the "dumb voting populace" is simply all those voting Americans who do not agree with you. Both the Patriot Act and the FISA Amendment, and their re-authorization, passed with bipartisan majority support. That support came from both conservatives and liberals on both sides of the aisle and extended deep into the "dumb voting populace". But only you, and the ACLU, stood outside this tide.
And that third party solution, tell us how effective it would be since it would be made up of the same "dumb voting populace" that you hold in such contempt.
You are a joke,
but keep posting cause it would be so Boring without you.
A jokester you are, a poor one to boot, along with a smirched persona.
A third party would also be able to tap into the dumb voting populace. All it takes is smoke and mirrors to get their vote, and would probably get your vote also.

Tell us again of your knowledge of the "informed voting populace."
The ones who have such knowledge as you? Enlighten us as to your opinions and knowledge of what makes a voter vote the way they do. Tell us how smart you are, and how well informed. Topix posters have a vested interest in your foolish posts, we get a kick out of them along with some laughs.

Who

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

A few comments about the dumb "voting populace" from a few websites.

The democratic underground site no less.

"Poll question: When much of the voting population is numb, dumb, and uninvolved .........

..... you get exactly what we have had in America for at least the last decade."

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/...

"Politicians are not as dumb as we may think. They just do things that are dumb for our country but smart in getting reelected by a dumb populace."

http://mortmather.blogspot.com/2010/10/dumb-p...

"The Wonk Demographic and the Stupid Voters."
http://www.openleft.com/showDiary.do;jsession...

And from a scientific point of view::

"Scientists say America is too dumb for democracy to thrive."

"STUPID PEOPLE ARE TOO STUPID TO KNOW HOW STUPID THEY ARE." (case in point, a few posters on this board. Reagan said this I think?)

http://www.theburningplatform.com/...

And many, many more websites, both from the left and the right.

Will wait and read Oh my's response, and see if it fits in my dumb category.

Informed Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>I always get a kick out of right wingers who always blame "Congress" for things that carry a majority of Republican support. While there is no doubt that the original Patriot Act (2001) had bipartisan support in both houses, passing the Senate 98/1 and the House 357/66, there were NO repercussions from a angered populus at the theft of our freedoms. In fact, when the Patriot Act came up for re-authorization in 2006 it still passed with bipartisan support in the Senate 89/10 (those 10 nays were all Democrats), but in the House support was slipping even more with a final vote (280/138) consisting of (Yeas 214-R, 66-D),(Nays 13-R, 124-D, 1-I).

Seante 2008 69/28
Senate 2012 73/23

House 2008 293/129
House 2012 301/118

Great post.

Sir Thomas More warned us about shedding our protections to allow the prosecution of other a long, long, time ago.

Sir Thomas More
from A Man for All Seasons

NARRATOR
Thomas More's head was stuck on Traitors' Gate for a month, then his daughter, Margaret, removed it and kept it till her death. Cromwell was beheaded for high treason five years after More. The archbishop was burned at the stake. The Duke of Norfolk should have been executed for high treason, but the king died of syphilis the night before. Richard Rich became chancellor of England and died in his bed.

WILLIAM ROPER
So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!

SIR THOMAS MORE
Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

WILLIAM ROPER
Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!

SIR THOMAS MORE
Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Informed Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Who wrote:
<quoted text>"popular uprising"

The first thing a "Conservative" party would have to learn is what an actual "Conservative" is.

A True "Conservative" would prosecute Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Obama, and their co-conspirators for War Crimes, and felonies, committed under the umbrella of "National Security";

They'd cut the War Department's budget in half;

They'd legalize marijuana;

They'd increase taxes on us all to pay for these idiotic wars;

They'd re-instate limits on corporations bribing politicians;

They'd do away with all "Voter I.D." laws;

They'd shut down Gitmo;

They'd repeal the UnPatriot Act;

They'd terminate the secret FISA Courts;

Now those would be True Conservatives - like Eisenhower and William Buckley.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

How the U.S. is being viewed in regard to Snowden. Let's determine who else we can apologize to in order to "gain their respect".

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/25/opinion/snowden ...
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/city/douglasville-...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Disregard post 16587. This should explain what I meant.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/25/opinion/snowden...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
A Man for All Seasons

SIR THOMAS MORE
Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Yep, one of my favorites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_More (Thomas_More)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Man_for_All_Se... (A_Man_for_All_Seasons)
A Man For All Seasons is a play by Robert Bolt. An early form of the play had been written for BBC Radio in 1954, and a one-hour live television version starring Bernard Hepton was produced in 1957 by the BBC,[1] but after Bolt's success with The Flowering Cherry, he reworked it for the stage.

It was first performed in London opening at the Globe Theatre (now Gielgud Theatre) on 1 July 1960. It later found its way to Broadway, enjoying a critically and commercially successful run of over a year. It has had several revivals, and was subsequently made into a multi-Academy Award winning 1966 feature film and a 1988 television movie.

The plot is based on the true story of Sir Thomas More, the 16th-century Chancellor of England, who refused to endorse King Henry VIII's wish to divorce his aging wife Catherine of Aragon, who could not bear him a son, so that he could marry Anne Boleyn, the sister of his former mistress. The play portrays More as a man of principle, envied by rivals such as Thomas Cromwell and loved by the common people and by his family.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Look lady. I have had some differences with IO and others on the left and I told then exactly how I felt about it. I don't just go along with anything the Libs spew out. Ya'll on the other hand will pat each other on the a$$ and it don't matter how stupid you republican buddies sound. Like that doofus bill. You both bein as smart as you and Syn are should never defend a moron like that. Neither one of you said anything against what you special friend Dave said about the Earth making new Oil 24/7. OMG. The republican party is even coming to their senses somewhat and distancing themselves from crazies like him and dumb chicks like DZ. My advice to ya'll is to do the same. They make ya'll look bad. Just sayin.
Don't criticize Aggie for something that I said. Just because you are closed minded and are not open to new theories and ideas mean nothing to me, and my ideas may mean nothing to her. Just because I am a conservative doesn't mean we all have the same identical ideas and thoughts. Many of the conservatives on this site are Republicans. Some such as myself are not.
We do all share a common bond of political conservatism. That is where the truth lies. We do not all share the same ideas of which car to drive or what soap to buy. If oil is abiotic or not is something that we do not share as a common interest and something that most people have never heard of. Most people do not care.
Funny you don't praise me when I say I am not in love or find faults with the Republican Party.
Synergy, which I think is a Republican, often has critical comments about the Republican party or it's candidates. We are being honest and we use facts to put our thoughts together, good or bad. We don't just spout the party line. It is what it is.
We stick together because we are political conservatives, regardless if one of us drives a Corvette, Smart Car, or rides a bicycle.
If the Republican party keeps moving left there will be no more need for the Republican Party. We can just vote Democratic as they will both be the exact same. I guess that is what you want. Just one party instead of one party disguised as a two party system. This is just MHO about the parties, but what difference does it make anyway? I am sure that some of my conservative friends do not agree with me on that statement and that is fine with me. Again we are all conservatives but are honest enough to have individual views on things.You can make fun of me, but they may find my statement unworthy to comment on. It doesn't mean that they approve or disapprove. They might say something to me. who knows?
Never blame anyone else for anything that I say as I have a habit of thinking outside the box and I always have. I apologize to no one for that.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
Disregard post 16587. This should explain what I meant.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/25/opinion/snowden...
Excellent article and it pretty well covers that topic.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

I know that facts and truth will not matter to some of you as you read this article. I only posted it as I think you readers should be ready to open up your wallets because of Obamas new interest in so called climate change.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/julia-seymour/20...
OMTE

Norman Park, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't criticize Aggie for something that I said. Just because you are closed minded and are not open to new theories and ideas mean nothing to me, and my ideas may mean nothing to her. Just because I am a conservative doesn't mean we all have the same identical ideas and thoughts. Many of the conservatives on this site are Republicans. Some such as myself are not.
We do all share a common bond of political conservatism. That is where the truth lies. We do not all share the same ideas of which car to drive or what soap to buy. If oil is abiotic or not is something that we do not share as a common interest and something that most people have never heard of. Most people do not care.
Funny you don't praise me when I say I am not in love or find faults with the Republican Party.
Synergy, which I think is a Republican, often has critical comments about the Republican party or it's candidates. We are being honest and we use facts to put our thoughts together, good or bad. We don't just spout the party line. It is what it is.
We stick together because we are political conservatives, regardless if one of us drives a Corvette, Smart Car, or rides a bicycle.
If the Republican party keeps moving left there will be no more need for the Republican Party. We can just vote Democratic as they will both be the exact same. I guess that is what you want. Just one party instead of one party disguised as a two party system. This is just MHO about the parties, but what difference does it make anyway? I am sure that some of my conservative friends do not agree with me on that statement and that is fine with me. Again we are all conservatives but are honest enough to have individual views on things.You can make fun of me, but they may find my statement unworthy to comment on. It doesn't mean that they approve or disapprove. They might say something to me. who knows?
Never blame anyone else for anything that I say as I have a habit of thinking outside the box and I always have. I apologize to no one for that.
First off, Moses you don't tell me what to do. Secondly, if they are going to criticize others on this this thread for being a complete and pathetic moron like yourself; then they need to criticize you as well when you're makin an a$$ out of yourself. They think you're stupid, as I do, but you're one of their "friends", so you get a pass. I was not critcizing Ag. I like Ag. She is the most brilliant holy roller I know. I was givin her advice to make herself more credible to the opposing "team" by tellin her to blast your stupid a$$ and not be part of your coudle. You are dumb republican that is embarassed by your party so you call yourself a "conservative". Yet you don't want to CONSERVE our oil. Are you seein the how stupid you sound? I do. Oh if I reply to Ag; why dont you let her reply to me? She will do so in her own time and she sure doesn't need a dummy like you to do it for her. Thank I'm outtta here.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>First off, Moses you don't tell me what to do. Secondly, if they are going to criticize others on this this thread for being a complete and pathetic moron like yourself; then they need to criticize you as well when you're makin an a$$ out of yourself. They think you're stupid, as I do, but you're one of their "friends", so you get a pass. I was not critcizing Ag. I like Ag. She is the most brilliant holy roller I know. I was givin her advice to make herself more credible to the opposing "team" by tellin her to blast your stupid a$$ and not be part of your coudle. You are dumb republican that is embarassed by your party so you call yourself a "conservative". Yet you don't want to CONSERVE our oil. Are you seein the how stupid you sound? I do. Oh if I reply to Ag; why dont you let her reply to me? She will do so in her own time and she sure doesn't need a dummy like you to do it for her. Thank I'm outtta here.
Aggie can reply to you any time she wants to. Nothing stopping her. I am not answering for her and she might not even agree with me I don't know.
She might value your opinion of her about as much as I value your opinion of me. That is a big fat zero my man. I am sorry that you are so ignorant and such a narcissus. All you want to do is stir up trouble and try to belittle others by calling them childish names. I guess that gets you the attention that you so badly crave.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ludowici Discussions

Search the Ludowici Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hinesville, Georgia Anti- Military Town. (Sep '08) 8 hr Harsh Dose of Reality 130
where's all the weed at? (Jan '14) Jul 27 dixiedoll576 8
Lonnie's Auto Repair Jul 27 Yeller Jacket 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Hinesville, GA (Aug '10) Jul 26 my opinion 57
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) Jul 23 Drew 239
Review: InstaLoan Jul 19 chris leonard 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ludowici Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ludowici People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••