Bored

Commerce, GA

#12728 May 21, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
Let's see what happens.
It ought to be interesting.
WASHINGTON -- When $50 billion in disaster aid for victims of Superstorm Sandy came before Congress this year, three of Oklahoma’s five representatives and both of its senators were among the "no" votes.
At the time, some of the Oklahoma lawmakers demanded spending cuts as a condition of aid to the hurricane-ravaged Northeast.
Now that a devastating tornado has hit their state, it's not clear whether Oklahoma lawmakers who demanded budget cuts will continue to hold that line when it comes to their state's recovery efforts.
"When we increase spending in one area, we must cut spending in another area," Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R-Okla.) said in January. "I hope my colleagues will consider this principle in future relief packages."
Oklahoma Reps. Markwayne Mullin and James Lankford, both Republicans, also voted against the $50-billion aid package.
Oklahoma’s Republican Sens. Tom Coburn, who is a physician, and James Inhofe also opposed the measure when it passed the Senate, 62 to 36.
"If an additional emergency aid package is necessary, Dr. Coburn will not change his long-standing position on offsets," said spokesman John Hart, whose boss was headed to Oklahoma to assess the damage.
"We don’t know if an emergency aid package will even be necessary," Hart said, noting that the Federal Emergency Management Agency has $11 billion in its disaster relief fund..
During the debate on Sandy aid, a number of Republican lawmakers challenged whether spending for such things as shoring up defenses against future storms was an emergency, saying that should be considered during the normal budget process.

Explain this.........

" Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe (R) said on Tuesday that federal aid to tornado-ravaged parts of his home state will be "totally different" than a Hurricane Sandy aid bill he voted against late last year.

Speaking on MSNBC, the lawmaker said that in the case of Hurricane Sandy, "everybody was getting in and exploiting the tragedy that took place." However, he said, "that won't happen in Oklahoma."

President Barack Obama on Tuesday said he has already signed a federal disaster declaration for parts of Oklahoma, where tornadoes have caused dozens of fatalities and flattened entire communities.

Inhofe said the Sandy Relief bill "was supposed to be in New Jersey," but "they were getting things in the Virgin Islands, fixing roads there, and putting roofs on houses in Washington, D.C." Both Inhofe and Coburn voted to slash aid to victims of Hurricane Sandy, with Inhofe saying he considered the full proposed aid amount to be a "slush fund."
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

#12729 May 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>lol You - Union scum who is OVER
Me - HAPPY
Hey, most scabs are happy, until they discover how everyone around them holds them in contempt.

Sometimes they never do learn the truth.

But to Right Wing Wacko deadbeat scabs - ignorance is literally bliss.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12730 May 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text> ... You hate me and I do you and that will probaly never change.
Actually, it's a bit different. No hate on this end.

I just don't care about you one way or the other.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12731 May 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text> You noticed that too? It's pathetic. I think they think no one notices. SMH. I know this is just entertaining to most, but seriously. Everybody needs to vote democratic next time up. Give Georgia a chance fora brighter future. Republicans are All lying theives and we're the only ones that can stop them. We younger folks need to step up and get involved it's the only way. Voting is your most powerful right that you have. Use it please. These people want you to believe that it doesn't matter who's in office it wont change. They're lying. Only we can change Georgia. We are Georgia. C-ya.
One day, you'll think back on this post and say, "Man! Was I mislead."

Location hidden

#12732 May 21, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
At least your honest.
Good for you.
You aren't pretending that you supported federal disaster relief programs all along.
I'll check out Mercury One org.
We have had a very good year in the market, business at the firm had been good, and thank you Lord, everyones been healthy, so I didn't mind at all having the business donate a reasonable amount, and I donated 1/2 that amount.
I spent three weeks volunteering in Homestead, Florida, along with 20 other police officers from our city, after Hurricane Andrew in 1992.
The pictures and video of Oklahoma reminded me of those days sifting through debris with fire fighters and cadaver dogs during the day, and patrolling with National Guard troops through the nights, and watching neighbors sacrifice to help their neighbors.
I gotta admit, seeing it again got to me.
I won't say how much I donated because one group will accuse me lying, one group will accuse me of bragging, and another group will accuse me of being cheap.
Just ain't no upside.
So, you are/were in law enforcement.

Location hidden

#12733 May 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text> That's why we can't stomach watching fox news. I hope they get Hannity's treasonous butt and lock him up and throw away the key. Fox news whole station is going down. Producers and All.
Well, "they" had better hurry. Fox is #1 in the ratings. Has been for years.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#12734 May 21, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's 11 Billion we wouldn't have if the Right Wing Wackos had their way.
And now RWWs want to take credit for us normal folks who were able to defeat your efforts to defund FEMA.
That's rich.
By the way - 11 Billion isn't going to come close to the cost of this disaster, but if it does, we have to replenish the funds for the next one - it'll come along.

I gave you the wrong bait and you took it. The actual number is closer to $7 billion.

There's a difference between defunding and living by the sequester or didnt you know.

Hurricane Sandy aid is still hanging in the wings, not paid out yet.
Obama would rather fund GM, banks, his supporters, and his golfing buddies.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#12735 May 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
We've tried to tell them, but they are NOT teachable. They all have wet brains from the koolaid. Union members are going to get exactly what the rest of us are going to get. Their GREAT health plan benefits will be nonexistent. Some union members benefits have already taken HUGE hits.
I don't blame the unions for being mad. They helped Obama get elected in a MAJOR way.

It's hard for the uninitiated to differentiate between simple facts or opinions and the truth, they'll learn the same way they learned as children, the hard way.

Location hidden

#12736 May 21, 2013
Death Panel wrote:
I thought it worth noting that NBA star Kevin Durant has given $1 million to the tornado victims.
And MercuryOne has so far collected $780,000 since yesterday. Some of that money is mine.*blush* But I clicked the anonymous link. That's better, dontcha think?
See? It's the great people of this country that make it great. Not government. Government corrupts.
People are great. People are good.
+1
I read that about Kevin Durant.

Yes, anonymous is better, imo. I did that, too. I donated through a site that came highly recommended through friends I trust. They've donated through that site for years. Every penny of my donation will go to disaster relief for Oklahoma. I can't remember the name right now. I have it posted on my FB page for my friends to use.

Location hidden

#12737 May 21, 2013
Death Panel wrote:
<quoted text>
Got to me, too, Informed. These disasters come and I feel bad every time. But this one did me in. Had me up pacing all night, turning on the tv to see if any children were found alive.
Makes you love your neighbor. And you know that city is filled with people of all political beliefs, but that does not matter to them. Not right now and I hope not for a long time.
Another good post. Totally agree.
Political beliefs are so far down their list.... It's people helping other people. Nothing else matters.

Location hidden

#12738 May 21, 2013
Bored wrote:
"Carney Sweats it Out, saved by Myanmar."
"White House Press Secretary Jay Carney is sweating it out under the harsh lights of the White House briefing room these days, revising stories and spinning away suspicious facts in what is becoming an almost comical daily exercise in scandal avoidance."
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/05/21/c...
I imagine his job is probably on the clock. I don't envy him, but that is what he likes to do, I guess. I wouldn't want that job working for ANY president.

Location hidden

#12740 May 21, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps he PAID INTO social security? Do you think that might have happened?
When are going to try and run a guilt trip on your fellow left wing loonies? They have posted some really inappropriate stuff? Double standard card?
Bored

Commerce, GA

#12741 May 21, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard for the uninitiated to differentiate between simple facts or opinions and the truth, they'll learn the same way they learned as children, the hard way.

And if their pension plan is a "defined pension plan", it is not covered by the PBGC.

Location hidden

#12742 May 21, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody get that stylus off that broken record, please.
Tell that to your pal, IO. Double standard card, again?

Location hidden

#12743 May 21, 2013
Death Panel wrote:
<quoted text>
Why ask such a question as "Am I going to cry?" This just defies reason, dude.
And what is wrong with my name? Get used to it.
No science can fully date the exact age of this Earth. Are you claiming to know?
And why don't you mind your own business? What difference do our differences make? How do I or anyone here affect your life?
EXACTLY!!!!! Thank you.

Location hidden

#12744 May 21, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
;)
She cut you some slack. Aggie and I have that in common.:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12746 May 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text> ...Like Bill said ya'll dont care about poor people one way or the other. To ya'll we are not even people and you dont care one way or the other if we live or die. Now I could care less if you live or die.
Another Straw Man argument. Do you know what that is?

"ya'll dont care about poor people"

I'd be real interested to see you explain where you come up with that crap, show a link or a post if you dare...

I would bet my wife and I have contributed more $ and personal time to worthy causes than at least 90% of the people that post in here, including you. If I were to share my work background, EVEN YOU would know you're full of crap.

Cut the "woe is me" act. Do something about it.

BTW, where ya been the last couple of days? In time out?
Farrell Landon

Savannah, GA

#12747 May 21, 2013
I bet Ty Cobb wouldn't put up with this s***!

Location hidden

#12748 May 21, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Please
You were doing so well.
Now you pretend that $780K is even worth mentioning in a disaster of billions and billions and billions of dollars.
It makes us feel better, and it's our duty to help, but let's not fool ourselves that we are making major differences.
By the way, it kind of defeats the humility thing by "clicking" anonymous and then promulgating your humility here.
How arrogant of you to demean the money that people have donated. So, those people don't need $780,000? Really? And we CAN make a major difference. A person can do something as small as help a victim collect what belongings they have left. THAT can be considered making a major difference. Just letting them know they are cared for.
AND YOU were doing so well.
That person is STILL anonymous. Think about it. Do YOU know who that person is??????
After reading how you helped in FL, I was starting to develop a soft spot for you. No! You're a JERK. You just proved it.

Location hidden

#12749 May 21, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, because workers in America have it made these days. Riiiighhht.
Thank the unions for that. Unreasonable demands in a down economy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ludowici Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Long County School System Thu itssad 1
Can a police officer get fired for sleeping wit... (Jul '11) May 20 REDNECK 26
Wilkerson road May 20 REDNECK 3
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) May 16 Dena Kay Farrand 98
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) May 6 Poke 247
Searching for places FOR RENT in Jesup Apr '15 me2youlol 5
Woman who passed away on Grouper Road Apr '15 Want to know 1
More from around the web

Ludowici People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE