Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
We have spent over 13-trillion dollars on defense over the last 4 decades, and yet there is still strife in the world and those that we must defend ourselves, and others, against.
In spite of these defense programs, or some might say as a result of, there is actually more strife in the world today and we may even be manufacturing our enemies of tomorrow with our actions today.
Completely false comparison, we have no control over, nor knowledge of what other countries or entities MIGHT have done had the US not held a "peace through strength" position through much of the last four decades.

We had COMPLETE control over the enactment and administration of the "war on poverty" programs - and they have been, without doubt, a complete failure by any standard with which you wish to measure them.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
"Are there more things that we can do,...." - this is the portion of the sentence that necessitates the question mark.
"where there's a potential for self-radicalization at this - OF THIS SORT?" (emphasis mine)- this portion of the sentence is clearly a conclusion - of that there is no question.
Nope, sorry the conclusion was supplied earlier in the staement, and by someone else.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/04/30/full...
...What we also know is that the Russian intelligence services had alerted U.S. intelligence about the older brother as well as the mother, indicating that they might be sympathizers to extremists. The FBI investigated that older brother. It’s not as if the FBI did nothing. They not only investigated the older brother; they interviewed the older brother. They concluded that there were no signs that he was engaging in extremist activity. So that much we know.

And the question then is, was there something that happened that triggered radicalization and actual — an actual decision by the brother to engage in the attacks that we — the tragic attack we actually saw in Boston, and are there things — additional things that could have been done in that interim that might have prevented it?
excuse me

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, 4 Americans were murdered in Benghazi, somehow not really surprised you missed that.
Excuse me, thousands were murdered in the Bush wars. Started with a lie, "weapons of mass destruction" and yet no endless search for justice from what you lovingly call libs. You and your buds are beating a dead horse, but you got nothing else to talk about.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely false comparison, we have no control over, nor knowledge of what other countries or entities MIGHT have done had the US not held a "peace through strength" position through much of the last four decades.
We had COMPLETE control over the enactment and administration of the "war on poverty" programs - and they have been, without doubt, a complete failure by any standard with which you wish to measure them.
Please admit that Bush was the worst president ever in history. Give yourself a leg to stand on. I'm trying to help you.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is Obama's response on Sept 12, 2013:

"But in an interview with CBS newsman Steve Kroft after the Rose Garden statement but on the same day, Obama was asked what he meant because Kroft indicated it was unclear:

Kroft: Mr. President, this morning you went out of your way to avoid the use of the word terrorism in connection with the Libya attack. Do you believe that this was a terrorist attack?

Obama: Well it's too early to know exactly how this came about, what group was involved, but obviously it was an attack on Americans."
I guess it just depends on which conclusions you wish should be drawn.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called an allusion...
- An expression designed to call something to mind without mentioning it explicitly; an indirect or passing reference.
- The practice of making such references, esp. as an artistic device.
I'm afraid Logic and Reason would take one look at your posts and say "away from me, I never knew you."
You set up the allusion by referring to Logic and Reason as entities that have the power of speech, non-human entities that interact with humans are often called aliens or gods, apparently you felt that the gods allusion was most fitting since you then had them speak the words of Jesus. Thus exhibiting power and authority over your opponent.
Of course you bristle at the mere mention of your previous statements.
It is interesting how it continues to be those on the Left who keep bringing up Jesus, not those of us on the Right - we just respond.
I invite you to find any post of mine that mentioned religion that was not a response to something insulting you on the Left brought up.
Sorry, dear - I set up an allusion, yes. Therefore, please read the following definition. "where the connection is detailed in depth by the author, it is preferable to call it "a reference". In the arts, a literary allusion puts the alluded text in a NEW context under which it assumes NEW meanings and denotations." (emphasis mine)

Your further straining at supporting your position is laughable, as is your description of my response as "bristling". No, again, just frustration at your obtuseness. I'll repeat some of my initial response, if you read it very slowly, maybe you might get it this time. Of course, trying to get through your deliberate misreading puts me in a bit of a Catch-22.(absurd or no-win situation - in this case, emphasis on the absurd, in case you didn't get the REFERENCE I decided to use INSTEAD of an allusion.)

From my previous response:
I guess all the writers and speechwriters need to never again use a guote because they like the phraseology or the flow of the words. You have now determined that when one uses a quote, one is always referring back to the original speech or document as the basis of your rebuttal.
Or when I tell you that my response to any of your posts is "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." I am actually using "Gone with the Wind" as the basis for my rebuttal.
Yeah, right. Try again, Sherlock. And I am not using all of Sir Arthur Conan Doyles' Holmes stories as the basis for my rebuttal there, either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Please admit that Bush was the worst president ever in history. Give yourself a leg to stand on. I'm trying to help you.
Nope, I'm afraid the current occupant has saved Jimmy Carter from that position.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Bush is a criminal. He should be locked up for the rest of his life for treason and murder. He is the reason why Obama has so much lead way. If Obama makes a mistake or a miscalculation; it is overlooked or forgiven. Why??? I'll tell you why. We are just glad Bush is gone.
Informed Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Please admit that Bush was the worst president ever in history. Give yourself a leg to stand on. I'm trying to help you.
They just can't admit that because Bush was a Right Wing Wacko's dream president.

- he started lunatic, unfunded, and illegal wars,
- he cut taxes for the richest,
- he exploded War Department spending,
- he "privatized" war making using mercenary companies,
- he cut programs for average Americans,
- he signed Medicare Part D, knowing it cost hundreds of billions more than admitted - while claiming to be fiscally conservative,
- he doubled the national debt,
- he deregulated business, especially banks,causing economic calamities,
- he caused the greatest transfer of wealth from the middle class to the überrich in modern history,
- he took a budget surplus to a 1.4 Trillion Dollar annual deficit, and
- he created the largest most devastating recession since the Great Depression.

If they admit those facts - they admit Right Wing Wacko policies, especially economic policies, are complete disasters when implemented.

Human nature being as it is - they'll never admit what's obvious to the rest of us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it just depends on which conclusions you wish should be drawn.
No, I just object to conclusions being put forth for which there is no evidence. Makes one wonder why there continues to be such a "rush to judgement" by this White House on anything that involves Islamic terrorism.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes, of course, because in the minds of the Left ALL business owners:
- are horrible, selfish people who care nothing about their employees
- want to pollute the environment where their own children are growing up
- have no interest in keeping the best employees by paying them good salaries
Yea, sure - that's how you run a successful business - spoken like the clueless who have no idea what it takes to risk everything you have to start a business and get it going and keep it going. That is such a brilliant operating plan you describe.
You people are completely delusional and ignorant.
You have resorted to a strawman argument.

Nope, the post never said ALL business owners are amoral, the post said that business, by its very nature, is amoral. Unfortunatley, history has shown that a percentage of people will follow the path of least reisitence without regard for their neighbor next door, down stream, or down wind.

To temper the inherent amorality of business people act collectively, through government, to impose limits on business. Many times these limits, or regulations, internalize the cost of doing business thus effecting the potential profits of a business.

Whether it's the cost of exit doors that are unlocked and open outward, or the cost of locating a fertizler plant away from a populated area, business would much prefer not to incur these costs as they are a direct drain on profits.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you had to go to Wiki to try and find out how many Americans were killed in Benghazi would imply you have been in a comatose state since September - not really surprised though, there were a lot of virtual zombies pulling that Democrat lever in November.
What is there to address about 9/11 - radical Islamists (you know, the term that the AP has banned from its columns - more PC run amok) murdered almost 3,000 innocent people - mostly Americans.
And what was President Bush's response on that day:
"Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts.….These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed. Our country is strong.
A great people has been moved to defend a great nation. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve. America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining. Today, our nation saw evil -- the very worst of human nature -- and we responded with the best of America.…."
--------
"No wonder the official film of Right Wing Wacko World is "Wizard of Oz"-
- Pay no attention to the issue !
- Look look over here !"
Now this really is hilarious. Pot, meet kettle. Here is Obama's response on Sept 12, 2013:
"But in an interview with CBS newsman Steve Kroft after the Rose Garden statement but on the same day, Obama was asked what he meant because Kroft indicated it was unclear:
Kroft: Mr. President, this morning you went out of your way to avoid the use of the word terrorism in connection with the Libya attack. Do you believe that this was a terrorist attack?
Obama: Well it's too early to know exactly how this came about, what group was involved, but obviously it was an attack on Americans."
---------
And in a real effort at "Look, look over here!"
September 12: Secretary Clinton and President Obama issue statements condemning both the video and the attacks.
September 13: Press Secretary Jay Carney condemns video and violence at a news conference.
September 14: The bodies of slain Americans return to Andrews Air Force Base. President Obama again blames the YouTube video.
September 16: U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice appears on Sunday talk shows and says the attacks were provoked by the video, exclusively.
September 17: State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland refuses to call attacks an act of terror.
September 20: Obama refuses to call attack terrorism, citing insufficient information.
September 25: On ABC’s “The View,” Obama says,“we don’t have all of the information yet so we are still gathering.”
September 25: To the U.N. assembly, Obama blames “A crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world.
September 26: Published reports show U.S. Intel agencies and the Obama Administration knew within 24 hours that al-Qaeda affiliated terrorist were involved.
-----
And how many have been arrested and held by the US since the Benghazi murders?
September 27: Innocence of Muslims filmmaker Mark Basseley Youseff (aka Nakoula Basseley Nakoula) is arrested and denied bail on the charges of “probation violation.”
It's really a shame that Obama went over there and killed those men. Oh wait! He didn't. It was radical extremists trying to bring America down. Now the Republicans are on their side - helping to tear America down. McCain wanted to make it an issue because he needed a Committee job. He suckered right-wing conspirator nuts to help him.

Get over your Benghazi fixation. It's something that happened TO America, not committed BY America.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
They just can't admit that because Bush was a Right Wing Wacko's dream president.
- he started lunatic, unfunded, and illegal wars,
- he cut taxes for the richest,
- he exploded War Department spending,
- he "privatized" war making using mercenary companies,
- he cut programs for average Americans,
- he signed Medicare Part D, knowing it cost hundreds of billions more than admitted - while claiming to be fiscally conservative,
- he doubled the national debt,
- he deregulated business, especially banks,causing economic calamities,
- he caused the greatest transfer of wealth from the middle class to the überrich in modern history,
- he took a budget surplus to a 1.4 Trillion Dollar annual deficit, and
- he created the largest most devastating recession since the Great Depression.
If they admit those facts - they admit Right Wing Wacko policies, especially economic policies, are complete disasters when implemented.
Human nature being as it is - they'll never admit what's obvious to the rest of us.
!!!!! Don't forget Katrina!!!!!

!!!!! Don't forget his out-of-control unemployment BEFORE he tanked the economy!!!!

!!!!! Don't forget that the largest income discrepancies between the rich and middle-class EVAR happened on his watch!!!

In right-wing world none of those things happened.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, dear - I set up an allusion, yes. Therefore, please read the following definition. "where the connection is detailed in depth by the author, it is preferable to call it "a reference". In the arts, a literary allusion puts the alluded text in a NEW context under which it assumes NEW meanings and denotations." (emphasis mine)
Your further straining at supporting your position is laughable, as is your description of my response as "bristling". No, again, just frustration at your obtuseness. I'll repeat some of my initial response, if you read it very slowly, maybe you might get it this time. Of course, trying to get through your deliberate misreading puts me in a bit of a Catch-22.(absurd or no-win situation - in this case, emphasis on the absurd, in case you didn't get the REFERENCE I decided to use INSTEAD of an allusion.)
From my previous response:
I guess all the writers and speechwriters need to never again use a guote because they like the phraseology or the flow of the words. You have now determined that when one uses a quote, one is always referring back to the original speech or document as the basis of your rebuttal.
Or when I tell you that my response to any of your posts is "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." I am actually using "Gone with the Wind" as the basis for my rebuttal.
Yeah, right. Try again, Sherlock. And I am not using all of Sir Arthur Conan Doyles' Holmes stories as the basis for my rebuttal there, either.
Too funny, keep trying to spin it away from the fact that you made declarations that were, within a very short time, shown to be false. It's understandable that you just can't help yourself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>

Get over your Benghazi fixation. It's something that happened TO America, not committed BY America.
Exactly, THANK YOU - a terrorist act was visited UPON Americans by Islamic radicals, not because of a video virtually no one even saw.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny, keep trying to spin it away from the fact that you made declarations that were, within a very short time, shown to be false. It's understandable that you just can't help yourself.
"Get thee behind me, Satan." And no, that is neither a reference nor an allusion, it is a plea that I not issue profanity to my computer in response to your refusal to admit you were completely wrong. But what else is new? Respond away, I'm done with kicking a dead horse. Note the use of an idiom.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Get thee behind me, Satan." And no, that is neither a reference nor an allusion, it is a plea that I not issue profanity to my computer in response to your refusal to admit you were completely wrong. But what else is new? Respond away, I'm done with kicking a dead horse. Note the use of an idiom.
If you hold it in you will implode
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, THANK YOU - a terrorist act was visited UPON Americans by Islamic radicals, not because of a video virtually no one even saw.
So a bunch of terrorists killed people at our embassy. Everybody is in agreement on that. It wasn't Obama that did it. So why the fixation?

Is it because the initial news that was released while details and analysis were still happening wasn't perfectly accurate?

Since when did Republicans require accuracy from their news?
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you had to go to Wiki to try and find out how many Americans were killed in Benghazi would imply you have been in a comatose state since September - not really surprised though, there were a lot of virtual zombies pulling that Democrat lever in November.
What is there to address about 9/11 - radical Islamists (you know, the term that the AP has banned from its columns - more PC run amok) murdered almost 3,000 innocent people - mostly Americans.
And what was President Bush's response on that day:
"Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts.….These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed. Our country is strong.
A great people has been moved to defend a great nation. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve. America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining. Today, our nation saw evil -- the very worst of human nature -- and we responded with the best of America.…."
--------
"No wonder the official film of Right Wing Wacko World is "Wizard of Oz"-
- Pay no attention to the issue !
- Look look over here !"
Now this really is hilarious. Pot, meet kettle. Here is Obama's response on Sept 12, 2013:
---------
And in a real effort at "Look, look over here!"
September 12: Secretary Clinton and President Obama issue statements condemning both the video and the attacks.
September 13: Press Secretary Jay Carney condemns video and violence at a news conference.
September 14: The bodies of slain Americans return to Andrews Air Force Base. President Obama again blames the YouTube video.
September 16: U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice appears on Sunday talk shows and says the attacks were provoked by the video, exclusively.
September 17: State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland refuses to call attacks an act of terror.
September 20: Obama refuses to call attack terrorism, citing insufficient information.
September 25: On ABC’s “The View,” Obama says,“we don’t have all of the information yet so we are still gathering.”
September 25: To the U.N. assembly, Obama blames “A crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world.
September 26: Published reports show U.S. Intel agencies and the Obama Administration knew within 24 hours that al-Qaeda affiliated terrorist were involved.
-----
And how many have been arrested and held by the US since the Benghazi murders?
September 27: Innocence of Muslims filmmaker Mark Basseley Youseff (aka Nakoula Basseley Nakoula) is arrested and denied bail on the charges of “probation violation.”
Dam good post of telling it like it is. Dont let them libtards bait you and then do a switch-a-roo on you.
You wont convince them but you sure do a good job of showing themn up and cutting them off at the knees.

Hey all you stumpys!
You are not excused

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

excuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, thousands were murdered in the Bush wars. Started with a lie, "weapons of mass destruction" and yet no endless search for justice from what you lovingly call libs. You and your buds are beating a dead horse, but you got nothing else to talk about.

The same lie put to Clinton who believed it, the same lie put to democraps on the intelligence committee, the same lie put Congress, and the same lie put to the rest of the free world.
What dont you understand about lies?

Anyone can play hindsight, being born ignorant is no excuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ludowici Discussions

Search the Ludowici Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) 2 hr Drew 239
Review: InstaLoan Jul 19 chris leonard 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Ludowici Politics (Dec '11) Jul 15 Long County TRUTH 27
Woman snaps photo of ghostly figure at 4th of J... Jul 14 resident 1
Klingbeil/Farley murder suicide 2006 (Mar '11) Jun 25 Toni 10
Debate: Marijuana - Hinesville, GA (Sep '10) Jun '14 weavinggoddess 46
•••
•••
•••
Ludowici Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ludowici Jobs