Informed Opinion

United States

#2487 Jan 22, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Change your PERSONAL situation. That's pretty much the only choice you have. You've just stated yourself that congress isn't going to do it.

I was watching Warren Buffet on the show Sunday Morning last Sunday. The Democrats used him often to talk about his support of the middle and poor classes. He's 82 and didn't have this revelation until the last few years. When the reporter asked him why he started investing so young his reply was: "All I knew is that I wanted to be rich". When asked why, his reply was: "So I could do and have whatever I wanted". NOW, when he has one foot in the grave, he has decided that the discrepancy between the rich and the not so rich is important. How noble. The point I am making is that everyone can get caught up in the loopholes, etc. when they are available. It's just human nature. Is it maddening? Yes. Would anyone turn down the chance to take advantage of those same opportunities? Most probably not. I don't blame the rich.
A couple of days ago I read this: " If someone wants something bad enough, they'll determine a way to achieve it. If not, they'll find an excuse for not doing it." Think about it. I know that I'm guilty of that.
Seems you make your opposition's point much more credibly than your own.

A self-made multi-billionaire, who has demonstrated the proven business and investment knowledge and experience, advises on the class war that exists, primarily fought using the tax code, and informs us that wealth is being transferred via the tax code from the rest of us to the rich and powerful.

You then identify some of the reasons that this man's opinion and advice is, in fact, contrary to his own field-interest, which renders all that more credible.
Informed Opinion

United States

#2488 Jan 22, 2013
guesswho wrote:
<quoted text>More Bullshit, I pay gains tax when I sell stock and real estate. I am far from the upper percentage, adding in my wages earned I pay a lot more than Romney as a percentage of income!! The real estate part was before Bush sunk the economy, not so much now.

You dance all around the POINT, which is the upper percentage of earners pay LESS AS A PERCENTAGE OF INCOME THAN MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS!!! You still won't answer the question "WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST THE UPPER PERCENTAGE OF WAGE EARNERS PAYING THE SAME AS MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS"

You believe in the FairyTax, do you also believe in the myth of TRICKLE DOWN! A myth perpetuated by the upper percentage of wage earners to validate their need to just get richer at the expense of the middle class. Look at the history of middle class wealth over the last 20 years, and then compare that to the history of the rich for the same period. The rich get richer and the middle class is becoming the working poor. Great for corporations trying to compete with China, not so great for Americas Middle Class workers.

Why do you want to see this trend continue, a simple answer is long overdue, skip the bullshit
Great post.
Snorkle

Dahlonega, GA

#2489 Jan 22, 2013
chevy wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it really matter
you and others who think like you wouldn't qualiify for a factory job anyway except maybe in China where you could work for $2.00 per hr. But you get free uniforms with a red star on your hat
Showing your arrogance once again. Most people wouldn't agree with you on this. It doesn't take a Harvard genius to see what many of the larger corporations have done to our country and economy... and all in the name of unbridled profits.

You should be really happy that the Chinese will work for $2.00 an hour. That way your corporations can make even more profits for the top brass. And by the way, no need to look down on me. I have a college degree and own and operate my own business. But I am not greedy enough to ruin my own country's economy for my own benefit, nor even in tough times like we have today, am willing to lay off employees just so I can make more money.
chevy

Commerce, GA

#2490 Jan 22, 2013
Snorkle wrote:
<quoted text>
Showing your arrogance once again. Most people wouldn't agree with you on this. It doesn't take a Harvard genius to see what many of the larger corporations have done to our country and economy... and all in the name of unbridled profits.
You should be really happy that the Chinese will work for $2.00 an hour. That way your corporations can make even more profits for the top brass. And by the way, no need to look down on me. I have a college degree and own and operate my own business. But I am not greedy enough to ruin my own country's economy for my own benefit, nor even in tough times like we have today, am willing to lay off employees just so I can make more money.
You are right. Most people would not agree with me. Afterall, they re-elected Obama. They must agree with him in that all corporations are greedy monstors, rich people (if they are conservatives) are selfish and otherwise bad, everytone should receive the same pay and this country doesn't have a spending problem. I understand.

I don't look down on you or anyone else. I admire you for owning your own business.

I am sorry you feel that way and I am sorry you have been infected by the Liberal media and your skewed opinion of what drives this coutnry's economy. That's what makes the world go around, isnt it?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2491 Jan 22, 2013
Snorkle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,said! I also admire your true American patriotism.
The fact is, capitalism does not equate to monopoly-ism in a democratic republic, such as the United States of America.
Unfortunately, the misinformed will continue to vote for those who do not actually represent their best interests and represent corporate interests instead. Thus,leading to plutocracy or corporate oligarchy. Or,to put it simply, the marriage of government and corporations to achieve the privatization of all the peoples' "commons". A, Benito Mussolini Fascism, right here in the good ole United States of America.
By the way, uninformed fox newz viewers, it may already be too late. Corporations do not care about God and Country, just the mighty dollar. Case and point, 74% of the NRA's membership agree on common sense regulations on assault weapons yet they continue to pump out bull crap propaganda to scare you into buying More weapons. All for corporate gun manufacturer gains of whom they actually represent.
I would suggest we the people impose the exact same regulations on guns as we do automobiles. License, registration, and proof of insurance, Please! Hopefully, weeding out inept and irresponsible gun owners.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2492 Jan 22, 2013
Snorkle wrote:
<quoted text>
What factory jobs? The greedy corporations have taken all the jobs to Mexico and overseas so they can make more money.
Isn't that what they're in business to do (make money)?

Location hidden

#2493 Jan 22, 2013
chevy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. Most people would not agree with me. Afterall, they re-elected Obama. They must agree with him in that all corporations are greedy monstors, rich people (if they are conservatives) are selfish and otherwise bad, everytone should receive the same pay and this country doesn't have a spending problem. I understand.
I don't look down on you or anyone else. I admire you for owning your own business.
I am sorry you feel that way and I am sorry you have been infected by the Liberal media and your skewed opinion of what drives this coutnry's economy. That's what makes the world go around, isnt it?
+1

very well stated.

Location hidden

#2494 Jan 22, 2013
guesswho wrote:
<quoted text>
More Bullshit, I pay gains tax when I sell stock and real estate. I am far from the upper percentage, adding in my wages earned I pay a lot more than Romney as a percentage of income!! The real estate part was before Bush sunk the economy, not so much now.
You dance all around the POINT, which is the upper percentage of earners pay LESS AS A PERCENTAGE OF INCOME THAN MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS!!! You still won't answer the question "WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST THE UPPER PERCENTAGE OF WAGE EARNERS PAYING THE SAME AS MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS"
You believe in the FairyTax, do you also believe in the myth of TRICKLE DOWN! A myth perpetuated by the upper percentage of wage earners to validate their need to just get richer at the expense of the middle class. Look at the history of middle class wealth over the last 20 years, and then compare that to the history of the rich for the same period. The rich get richer and the middle class is becoming the working poor. Great for corporations trying to compete with China, not so great for Americas Middle Class workers.
Why do you want to see this trend continue, a simple answer is long overdue, skip the bullshit
BS on your BS.

"I pay gains tax when I sell stock and real estate."

You wouldn't under the FairTax.

"I am far from the upper percentage, adding in my wages earned I pay a lot more than Romney as a percentage of income!!"

You also apparently have a different type of income than Romney, that is taxed different than Romney. What's so difficult to understand about that? DIFFERENT TYPES OF INCOME ARE TAXED DIFFERENTLY! IT'S THE LAW! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

"You still won't answer the question "WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST THE UPPER PERCENTAGE OF WAGE EARNERS PAYING THE SAME AS MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS"

I will answer your questions when you answer mine.... Learning the answers to my questions would educate somewhat, unless you don't want to learn...

But to answer your question: we ALL pay the same tax rates. We all use the same forms and tax tables. Some of us have different types of income.

Location hidden

#2495 Jan 22, 2013
Weather wrote:
<quoted text>The so-called fair tax is a consumption tax that will favor the wealthy at the expense of the middle class.
Partially correct. The first part is correct, the second part is wrong.

Location hidden

#2496 Jan 22, 2013
building7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, the misinformed will continue to vote for those who do not actually represent their best interests and represent corporate interests instead....
The misinformed will continue to vote Liberal.

Location hidden

#2497 Jan 22, 2013
Snorkle wrote:
<quoted text>
...But I am not greedy enough to ruin my own country's economy for my own benefit, nor even in tough times like we have today, am willing to lay off employees just so I can make more money.
Highly unlikely your business will impact the country's economy.

Do you have investors or a bank loan? What do you do when your EBITDA isn't meeting the bank's loan covenant and the only way to make the number is by cutting staff?

Location hidden

#2498 Jan 22, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>In the meantime, back at the ranch, we still have only 2 choices, Those who want disburse wealth to more people and those who want to give it to a few and hope they will "Trickle some down". Unfortuneatly the super greedy have taken over these past 35 years and I believe untill a third party arrises that Democrats are the ones to put money in more pockets.
Yep, we need a viable third party.

"Democrats are the ones to put money in more pockets."

Yep. It's called wealth redistribution. In many cases, taking from those that earned it and giving it to those that didn't...Expanding government control over the "sheeple" that will vote to get more stuff from the evil rich...

Location hidden

#2499 Jan 22, 2013
Snorkle wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be really happy that the Chinese will work for $2.00 an hour. That way your corporations can make even more profits for the top brass....
Isn't the purpose of (most) corporations to make money for their investors and shareholders?
Local

Blairsville, GA

#2500 Jan 22, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
"I pay gains tax when I sell stock and real estate."
You wouldn't under the FairTax..
And I'd love the hell out of it if I were to sell a $350,000,000 office building on the 3400 block of Wilshire Blvd in downtown LA when I "only" paid $150,000,000 for it three years ago, never mind I've taken the standard accelerated (five year) depreciation and mortgage interest from my gross income.
Local

Blairsville, GA

#2501 Jan 22, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't the purpose of (most) corporations to make money for their investors and shareholders?
Never mind how they get it or who pays?
Snorkle

Dahlonega, GA

#2502 Jan 22, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Highly unlikely your business will impact the country's economy.
Do you have investors or a bank loan? What do you do when your EBITDA isn't meeting the bank's loan covenant and the only way to make the number is by cutting staff?
Sure it does. Everyone's business adds up and effects the nation's economy. Your statement once again proves that you have an over-inflated ego for yourself and whatever cut-throat type of business you were in.

As for your second question: no, there is a big difference between in what I said about not cutting staff and what you are saying above. A responsible business may indeed be forced to cut jobs if it is absolutely necessary, and we all know that economic conditions can cause that to happen. However, too many large businesses make no effort at all to show any loyalty to employees. Those large businesses would rather cut their own throats just to show a profit for stockholders.

By the way, I'm not impressed with all the financial terms you throw around, and I doubt anyone else on here is either. I've never claimed to be a financial wizard, but I do know what EBITDA means. Being in a highly-technical field, I assure you that you would be lost with the technical terms I could throw around.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2503 Jan 22, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems you make your opposition's point much more credibly than your own.
A self-made multi-billionaire, who has demonstrated the proven business and investment knowledge and experience, advises on the class war that exists, primarily fought using the tax code, and informs us that wealth is being transferred via the tax code from the rest of us to the rich and powerful.
You then identify some of the reasons that this man's opinion and advice is, in fact, contrary to his own field-interest, which renders all that more credible.
Nope. Not at all. The point I was making is that he sees nothing wrong with being rich. Notice he isn't offering to pay any extra taxes that perhaps he "owed" through the years. When he does that, then I'll really listen to him. lol He has somethin like 40 billion or some such. Yeah....he REALLY relates to the middle and lower classes. AND you libs just lap it up. He WAS a BAD, EVIL, RICH man. NOW, he's a paragon of virtue. The cluelessness of the Obama worshippers is only surpassed by how gullible they are.
I will give him this...instead of sitting around and whinning about how unfair life was for him, he got out and did something about it.

Location hidden

#2504 Jan 22, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind how they get it or who pays?
Didn't answer the question, did you?

Location hidden

#2505 Jan 22, 2013
Snorkle wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does. Everyone's business adds up and effects the nation's economy. Your statement once again proves that you have an over-inflated ego for yourself and whatever cut-throat type of business you were in.
As for your second question: no, there is a big difference between in what I said about not cutting staff and what you are saying above. A responsible business may indeed be forced to cut jobs if it is absolutely necessary, and we all know that economic conditions can cause that to happen. However, too many large businesses make no effort at all to show any loyalty to employees. Those large businesses would rather cut their own throats just to show a profit for stockholders.
By the way, I'm not impressed with all the financial terms you throw around, and I doubt anyone else on here is either. I've never claimed to be a financial wizard, but I do know what EBITDA means. Being in a highly-technical field, I assure you that you would be lost with the technical terms I could throw around.
"Sure it does. Everyone's business adds up and effects the nation's economy. Your statement once again proves that you have an over-inflated ego for yourself and whatever cut-throat type of business you were in."

Your business, individually, likely won't impact the US economy. We're not talking about other businesses, not everyone is as altruistic as you...We were discussing YOU.

How so?

My professional experience is in healthcare related firms. Hardly cut-throat at all...

"As for your second question: no, there is a big difference between in what I said about not cutting staff and what you are saying above."

Oh, really? You make a blanket statement, now you want to make it specific?

"A responsible business may indeed be forced to cut jobs if it is absolutely necessary, and we all know that economic conditions can cause that to happen. However, too many large businesses make no effort at all to show any loyalty to employees."

Just like employees show loyalty to the employer? This isn't the 1970s any more. Are employers supposed to put the need of employees first over shareholders? You might want to research fiduciary responsibility before you answer.

"Those large businesses would rather cut their own throats just to show a profit for stockholders."

Again, you might want to research fiduciary responsibility (also for the board of directors) before answering.

"By the way, I'm not impressed with all the financial terms you throw around, and I doubt anyone else on here is either."

LMAO. What terms exactly? EBITDA? LMAO even more. ANY financial person and most people in upper management type positions that have dealt with bankers knows what that is. Maybe you're talking about capital gains taxes...

I'm certainly not trying to impress anyone in an anonymous message board. That being said, we are discussing taxes and business operations, aren't we?

"I've never claimed to be a financial wizard, but I do know what EBITDA means. Being in a highly-technical field, I assure you that you would be lost with the technical terms I could throw around."

Well, IF we were discussing your area of knowledge, you could throw around all the terms you want. I've learned not to opine on things I know nothing or very little about, so I likely wouldn't be participating. You should try it.

Location hidden

#2506 Jan 22, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'd love the hell out of it if I were to sell a $350,000,000 office building on the 3400 block of Wilshire Blvd in downtown LA when I "only" paid $150,000,000 for it three years ago, never mind I've taken the standard accelerated (five year) depreciation and mortgage interest from my gross income.
IF my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle...

OK, you sell an expensive building. What tax forms will you file when there are no tax forms (at least for federal tax purposes)?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ludowici Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halloween! Nov 11 Iceman1 2
Missing dog Nov 2 Josh Roberson 2
About 200 Fort Stewart soldiers heading to Afgh... Oct 31 Gro 1
local business Oct '14 they suck 2
Julie Jones Knight Grenella Oct '14 Yepsheisahomewrecker 3
celeste Oct '14 Friend 4
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Oct '14 joey88 91
Ludowici Dating
Find my Match

Ludowici People Search