Head lice in schools
southerngrl1966

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#1 Oct 25, 2006
I have a son that for the past week almost has been having to be sent home from school because they are saying that he has head lice. Yet there have been every day this week that he has been cleared by the school nurse to go back to class and shortly after he goes to class and is there for a while the school is calling for us to come get him saying that he still has stuff in his hair. They center on certain kids and then end up making the parents come get them therefore the children miss more school than they have to because the school system does not want to take the necessary steps to clean their rooms to make sure that the problem is taken care of at the school level.
islandgirl

Beeville, TX

#2 Jan 23, 2007
I lived in the tropics all my life and NEVER encountered head lice. The only ones that had it were those that lived outside..homeless or illegals that never get it treated. That is the problem today. The illegals are very infested with it and never do anything about it or may not even know they have it..but since we HAVE to educate their illegal kids..we have to pay the price of diseases they carry from not being properly immunized and other things like head lice. It is absurd that the school does nothing about it on their level..clean..disinfect..etc. Our children keep getting infested and sent home. Time to write your Congressman!!!
my son

Jeannette, PA

#3 Sep 10, 2007
went to summer school and they called and said to come and get he had lice so i went and got him and got his head shaved bald and he went back to summer school and then we sent there for regular school and now they are saying he has lice again so we went and got his head shaved again and then they let come back to school and now there telling me that he cant come to school but when i went and got him he was sitting with the class if he had lice why would they let him sit with the class also i said to the nurse my wife gave him a treatment befor the bus picked him up and told her does she think it is possiable that lice jumped into my son hair on the bus
she said lice dont jump so what do i do
American

Mount Vernon, MO

#4 Sep 10, 2007
Most likely your Congressman will just diffuse responsibility (pass the buck) or send you a worthless reply. I am sure this goes on all over the country and has been for years now. Will they fix it? I doubt it since they do not tackle the problem as a whole and most likely never will, after all selling of products to kill these lice is putting lots of money in someones pocket. And one has to wonder how safe it is to be constantly using this stuff on ones children doesn't it?
From Hinesville

Richmond Hill, GA

#5 Sep 16, 2007
I have been struggling with head lice on my daughter for MONTHS! She has very thick, long hair and it is next to impossible to get all of the nits out. I have tried everything, and the product that I found works best is called "LiceFree". It is a homeopathic product and it does not contain any pesticides that are found in Nix and Rid. It smells like licorice (yuck!!) and it is a gel that you put on dry hair, leave on for an hour, then use the comb included to comb out the hair with the product in still, then wash as usual. It works really well! It took a couple of treatments to clear my daughter's hair, but it was worth it. Just make sure that when you treat your child you wash all of their linens, spray bedding and curtains, bag up stuffed animals in plastic bags for at least two weeks and boil all of their brushes, combs and hair stuff. I also use a fogger in the bedroom to be on the safe side...hope this helps!
From Hinesville

Hinesville, GA

#6 Sep 16, 2007
LiceFree can be found at Walmart
straight from savannah

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Sep 17, 2007
southerngrl1966 wrote:
I have a son that for the past week almost has been having to be sent home from school because they are saying that he has head lice. Yet there have been every day this week that he has been cleared by the school nurse to go back to class and shortly after he goes to class and is there for a while the school is calling for us to come get him saying that he still has stuff in his hair. They center on certain kids and then end up making the parents come get them therefore the children miss more school than they have to because the school system does not want to take the necessary steps to clean their rooms to make sure that the problem is taken care of at the school level.
Which school is this?
Clarissa Abugov

Manchester, UK

#8 Oct 2, 2007
i am 11 and suffer from lice i cn feel them in my hair ITCHY!!!!!!!!!!
illegal

Savannah, GA

#9 Oct 3, 2007
[QUOTE whslandgirl"]I lived in the tropics all my life and NEVER encountered head lice. The only ones that had it were those that lived outside..homeless or illegals that never get it treated. That is the problem today. The illegals are very infested with it and never do anything about it or may not even know they have it..but since we HAVE to educate their illegal kids..we have to pay the price of diseases they carry from not being properly immunized and other things like head lice. It is absurd that the school does nothing about it on their level..clean..disinfect..etc. Our children keep getting infested and sent home. Time to write your Congressman!!![/QUOTE]

hey im an illegal but that isn mean that our childrens have lice just cause we are illegal and also all of the illegal people has all the immunization just like an american child and im not tryng to be racist im just trying to be fair. we keep our childrens clean.
they get a bath every day i think that we are more clean than american peoples
umm

United States

#10 Jul 22, 2011
Did you know lice live in clean hair for example if you wash your hair 3or more times a day your likely to get lice rather then every other day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ludowici Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Not Club May 12 Metoo 3
Hinesville, Georgia Anti- Military Town. (Sep '08) May 8 Here Here 132
Sex dares (May '12) Apr 24 Upright Eggplant 3
Cuddle Buddy Apr '18 HinesvilleCuddler 1
Who in Wayne county has best P**** Mar '18 Mr big 2
Easter son rise services Mar '18 Joey shuman 1
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Mar '18 gracefullikeagazelle 149

Ludowici Jobs

Personal Finance

Ludowici Mortgages