Protesters arrested again at VY headquarters

Feb 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brattleboro Reformer

Just two months after they were taken into custody for protesting at Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant's headquarters on Old Ferry Road, nine elderly women were again arrested for trespassing at the site.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 55 of55
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Cover Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

Mr. Drano.
Did you perchance read what you wrote ? Talk about narrow focused knowledge .

Museums,art experts, also engage restorationists, curators of fine arts etc etc etc ......

DUhhh ! In order to maintain ,prevent any damage ,or restore any item one must be aware of the circumstances , enviromental factors the object has been exposed to !

OR WILL BE EXPOSED TO.

Voila !

You simply cannot be this uninformed . What are you doing walking around in a tritium induced haze ?

Or else !!! Or else !!

You are attempting to discredit me ! Don't try, this is a field I know . Your blatant attempt to cover up potential damages that can be done at all levels of civilization because of your toxic preclivities cannot be underscored !

Go.Retreat now. Just go and read some grammatical treatise on analyzing sentences .

This is like you are attempting to write a sonnet and saying it is better than Shakespeare .
snoop

Burlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

woof!
I Know More Than You

Epping, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

Cosmic Idiot Redux wrote:
You are attempting to discredit me ! Don't try, this is a field I know .
Please elaborate on this field you "know." I've been wondering what your area of expertise is for months now.

A couple of extra millirem is nothing compared to the normal exposure and I challenge you to prove otherwise.
Cover Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Hey, challenge the experts in glass at the Hermitage .The simple fact is that they were not willing to take the risk with irreplaceable works of art after considering all the variables, at play in Japan .

Proably A rather unpopular international political decision although I think courageous . They stood up and said NO.

You are out of your element (hows that?)
(little science jab thrown in ).

You won't admit it ,you are bluffing and hoping others will think maybe you know what you are talking about . You don't .They did the right thing .

Normal exposure go stand in front of an No Exit sign. You nukes are in a Jean Paul Satre story .... No Exit from the tales you tell day to day .

I Know More Than You

Epping, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Hey, challenge the experts in glass at the Hermitage
You are the one who said, "this is a field I know" so I am taking it up with you.
Normal exposure go stand in front of an No Exit sign.
I suppose it's too much to ask of you to actual know what you are posting about but a couple weeks a couple hundred miles from Fukushima wasn't going to amount to more than a few extra millirem, if that.
Tony the pizza man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

Cover Up wrote:
Hey, challenge the experts in glass at the Hermitage .The simple fact is that they were not willing to take the risk with irreplaceable works of art after considering all the variables, at play in Japan .
Proably A rather unpopular international political decision although I think courageous . They stood up and said NO.
You are out of your element (hows that?)
(little science jab thrown in ).
You won't admit it ,you are bluffing and hoping others will think maybe you know what you are talking about . You don't .They did the right thing .
Normal exposure go stand in front of an No Exit sign. You nukes are in a Jean Paul Satre story .... No Exit from the tales you tell day to day .
He does know more, and he isn't bluffing, reasearch how much dose you get from cosmic radiation every year instead of riduculing sombody else please.
http://web.princeton.edu/sites/ehs/osradtrain...
Cover Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

So the Hermitage is wrong.

Tony The Pizza Man @ Mr. Drano are right .
Cover Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Objects can become accustomed even to unusual enviromental settings(and thrive ).One would think putting them in a more controlled setting that they would adjust .

NO. Not all the time . Age , materials reactions, structural problems , maybe just luck they can react unfortunately .They adjusted to their enviroment , period.

Obviously , the Hermitage took the side of caution .They were correct,who can say what that little minute extra dose je n'sais pas would cause ?

Great , brave new worlds you people opened.

I Know More Than You

Epping, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Covering Up My Stupidity wrote:
Objects can become accustomed even to unusual enviromental settings(and thrive ).One would think putting them in a more controlled setting that they would adjust .
NO. Not all the time . Age , materials reactions, structural problems , maybe just luck they can react unfortunately .They adjusted to their enviroment , period.
Obviously , the Hermitage took the side of caution .They were correct,who can say what that little minute extra dose je n'sais pas would cause ?
<facepalm>

Still waiting to hear all about your area of expertise...
Alex

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Judged:

hey 'I(think I)KMTY'- what were ewe saying in #47 about radiation far from Fukushima?
"a couple hundred miles from Fukushima wasn't going to amount to more than a few extra millirem, if that."

in the news I find:

119 Of 132 People Have Radiation In Urine 200km From Fukushima
http://fukushima-diary.com/2012/04/119-of-132...

Everyone Now Watching Reactor 4 SFP - Danger Grows
http://enenews.com/nuclear-expert-everybody-p...

----------
Reactor 4 SFP Not Safe Even If It Survives More Quakes
http://enenews.com/paper-nuclear-expert-warns ...
^Paper: Physicist warns even if No. 4 Spent Fuel Pool survives another major quake,“failure of jury-rigged inadequate piping installed after disaster could put cooling system out of commission”
''''''''''

Gunderson - SFP Water Still Boiling And Throwing Off Radiation - Vid
http://enenews.com/paper-nuclear-expert-warns...
--------

Over Limit Cesium In 51 More Food Items In 9 Prefectures
Japan Times
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20120502a9...
----------

World Leader in Decommissioning Reactors:“There is no technology which may be directly applied” at Fukushima
http://enenews.com/world-leader-in-decommissi...
I Know More Than You

Keene, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Alex the Village Idiot wrote:
hey 'I(think I)KMTY'- what were ewe saying in #47 about radiation far from Fukushima?
"a couple hundred miles from Fukushima wasn't going to amount to more than a few extra millirem, if that."
in the news I find:
Too stupid to even realize it.

Dunning Kruger effect in action.

<golf clap>
Alex

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Judged:

If ewe 'Know' so much how come ewe didn't tell us this important sh't?(cuz ewe don't wanna know OR care, and don't want others to)

Over 35% Of Young People Have Thyroid Cysts, Nodules
http://enenews.com/govt-thyroid-cysts-nodules...

Decontaminating Japan is hopeless
http://enenews.com/cleaning-up-radiation-hope...
I Know More Than You

Keene, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Alex the Village Idiot wrote:
If ewe 'Know' so much how come ewe didn't tell us this important sh't?(cuz ewe don't wanna know OR care, and don't want others to)
If it's from enenews.com , you are right that I probably don't give a shit.

Now infowars.com is a different story. That site is great.

PS That last line was sarcasm moron.
Jazell

Rutland, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Medacade & Medicare doesn't cover road rash.
Alex

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's from enenews.com , you are right that I probably don't give a shit.
Now infowars.com is a different story. That site is great.
PS That last line was sarcasm moron.
"it's from enenews.com "
at least I don't get my news from ewenews.com as ewe've proven

more and more former sheeple have gotten awoken by surfing into sites like Infowars.com , the word 'Great' doesn't pertain so much to bad or good but rather prominence, and for good reason AJ's Real News sites like that and Prisonplanet.com have been helping wean sheeple off the msm BS & Obuscations, lifting the veil and exposing the lies and corruption

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 55 of55
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ludlow Discussions

Search the Ludlow Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Middlebury College parties Apr 12 Underage drinking 1
If the rich are getting richer, what's happenin... Apr 5 Community Disorganizer 5
Gay Couple Sues Vt. Town for 10 Years of Allege... Mar '14 Gremlin 19
Connect with all students studying at Middlebury Mar '14 Mr D 1
Driving the gauntlet Town along Route 4 collect... (Nov '09) Feb '14 OldVTer 2
Drunk women Jan '14 Madd 1
Is your medical information really confidential... (Oct '13) Dec '13 Privacy 3
•••

Flood Warning for Windsor County was issued at April 17 at 8:45PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Ludlow Dating

more search filters