I Team: undercover video of puppy mill

Full story: WWLP Massachusetts

When you buy a dog from a pet shop, do you really know where it came from? The 22News I-Team uncovered one puppy mill shipping dogs to Massachusetts.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Nunya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Need a better proofreader and typist.
sherry

Becket, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

I myself purchased a boxer from the Holyoke Mall 5 years ago. The same thing happened to me we have spent over $8,000 in vet bills to find out that he has nuralogical damamge, he walkes in circles. It was told to me by them that he came from a great family background and even gave us his papers. The do cost us $1,400 to purchase not to mention the vet bills one after another. The store in the mall closed but another one opened up 1 month later uner a diffrent name. No amimals should have to sit in a small cage all day for show!!!! never again
RGR

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Judged:

I said it before I'll say it again. If you want a puppy of a specific breed call the A.K.C.& aske them for a breeder.If you are not particular of a breed call the S.P.C.A. & adopt one.
Animal lover

Greenfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

THANK YOU for taking-on this issue. Puppy mills are prevalent and in need of intervention. Do not buy animals from pet stores-it supports animal cruelty. In this poor economy, more and more animals are being turned over to shelters, check them out first.
Has anyone looked into the pet store inside the Ingleside Mall? I went into the store next to the pet store and could only hear animals howling the entire time. I left the store!
Chase the Cat

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

I think they should have more strict condictions for puppie breeders. There are puppy breeders that have up to the amount of 800 adult dogs. That's a bit steep. I myself work in a puppy store and we have recieved sick puppies and I do wonder why they continue to purchase from this breeder. It's all about bussiness, money. I do assure you that the pups where I work are very well takin care of and vet checked once a week.
my heart goes out

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

My heart goes out to these animals! How can people be so cruel.. Probably just to make a buck. there are so many neglected amimals out there never mind what goes on that no one knows about. I am so disgusted!
EEE

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Yet another good reason to save a homeless animal. Go to a rescue group or MSPCA if you want to adopt.
Thanks 22News for exposing this horrendous practice.
WeirRiver

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Most of what you find at MSPCA and rescues comes from turn ins that originated from puppy mills.
Ann Marie

Greenfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

I too purchased a pup from Laughlin Kennels in Oxford Mass in March 08. It has been a constant visit to the vets and the emergency animal hospital - bills now totally over $3,000.00 with another surgery scheduled at another $3,000.00! This pup came from a breeder (mill) in JOPLIN MO. I'm waiting for the media to report on this one! I notified Laughlin Kennels immediately, but never recieved even one response from them. They may be in compliance with local and state regulations .. but where does a conscience come into play? and or moral values?
RoseMarie

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Ann Marie wrote:
I too purchased a pup from Laughlin Kennels in Oxford Mass in March 08. It has been a constant visit to the vets and the emergency animal hospital - bills now totally over $3,000.00 with another surgery scheduled at another $3,000.00! This pup came from a breeder (mill) in JOPLIN MO. I'm waiting for the media to report on this one! I notified Laughlin Kennels immediately, but never recieved even one response from them. They may be in compliance with local and state regulations .. but where does a conscience come into play? and or moral values?
I am the owner of Aimee in the news story and my heart goes out to you because I have been spending thousands and thousands of dollars for 11 years to keep Aimee in good health. Laughlin kennels never returned my complaint phone calls and I have had 11 years to be angry with them and Kathy Bauck. Laughlin buys all their puppies from the worse puppy mills in the country and they diguise themselves as a breeding kennel. They told me they were not a puppy mill, did not buy puppy mill puppies and that most of the puppies they sell are bred on their premisis. Lies, lies, and more lies.

Please call the Better Business Bureau and the USDA ASAP and file complaints against Laughlin with both of them. The reason they stay in business is people don't know they should do that. And, do NOT accept any offer as sastifactory from Laughlin. Even if they refund your purchase price that is not a solution to having a chronically ill dog to spend thousands of dollars on the rest of it's life. If more people come forward and file complaints, Laughlin will finally get the bad reputation they deserve. Good luck.
GaryBrissetteSto ner

Leeds, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

I only have two questions, it says the Iteam uncovered a video of it. What was covering the video? And why didn't the cleaning lady find it sooner?
Samantha

Vernon Rockville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

I walk into those pet stores and feel so bad for those animals. They shouldn't be kept in cages. They have to use the bathroom in those cages. I would definitely find a breeder elsewhere or visit the MSPCA before buying an amimal in a store.
GaryBrissetteSto nedMason

Leeds, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Samantha wrote:
I walk into those pet stores and feel so bad for those animals. They shouldn't be kept in cages. They have to use the bathroom in those cages. I would definitely find a breeder elsewhere or visit the MSPCA before buying an amimal in a store.
I agree, they should free them. It is nearly impossible to run them over if they are in cages.
RoseMarie

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

GaryBrissetteStoner wrote:
I only have two questions, it says the Iteam uncovered a video of it. What was covering the video? And why didn't the cleaning lady find it sooner?
The undercover video was made by a group called CAPS which stands for Companion animal protection society after they received numerous complaints about sick puppies being sold at Laughlin Kennels that came from Kathy Bauck's, Pick of the Litter. The video is a legal document that is protected by CAPS and 22 News had to obtain permission to air parts of the video. It was not hidden anywhere, but simply filmed by someone that went undercover in Kathy Bauck's facility.
tax mill

Wilbraham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

hey 22 news how about checking out the tax mill in this state. They have all kinds of abuse taxes being charged to the citizens....let's put them out of business......sounds like it is time for a REVOLUTION!
Mr Freecs

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

When did news reports stop doing investigations? I'm shamed at out local reporting's quality.
Elvis

West Hatfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Mr Freecs wrote:
When did news reports stop doing investigations? I'm shamed at out local reporting's quality.
You're just now catching on to that? At this stage of the game I'm resigned to just being glad they can type in enough broken english so I can get the jyst of what they are saying.
I see one of them defended themselves by saying "is that all you can focus on with so much going on?", and I should've replied "actually with your reporting, I didn't know there was much going on..."
TheChill

West Hatfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Mr Freecs wrote:
I went to school with one of their reporters. She quit school at 16 after years of getting F's, and never went back. Got the idea now?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Ludlow Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ludlow Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Ludlow People Search