Ludlow mourns loss of police dog

There are 19 comments on the WWLP Massachusetts story from Dec 10, 2008, titled Ludlow mourns loss of police dog. In it, WWLP Massachusetts reports that:

The town of Ludlow is mourning the loss of the police department's beloved canine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WWLP Massachusetts.

metamagic

Cranston, RI

#1 Dec 10, 2008
I'm so sad to hear the loss of another great member of the community that I live in. RIP Cito, good job
Jasmine

West Springfield, MA

#2 Dec 10, 2008
Iam a animal lover and I lost a dog too about a year ago i never forgotten of my beloved milo all my prayers go to the ludlow police department. iknow how sad it is to lose an animal especially if you had it since it was a baby.
Pat and Tom

United States

#4 Dec 11, 2008
We have known Cito for many years, and we know what a terrific dog and member of the K9 Unit he was. Cito was so many things to so many people: a devoted member of the Ludlow Police Department and a loyal partner to Officer Mike, a hero searching for lost people, a quick responder in times of emergencies, a proud member marching in the Memorial Day Parade, a visitor to schools, definitely a Good Will Ambassador, and much more. Cito will be fondly remembered and greatly missed by all who came to know him. He had a great personality and a wonderful dispostion. Thank you Cito for many years of hard work and excellence.
Terri

United States

#5 Dec 11, 2008
Cito was a wonderful dog who did his job with great honor. He will be missed.
Bryanna L ludlow Ma

Ludlow, MA

#6 Dec 18, 2008
I am sorry to hear the loss of not only a dog but a memmber of the Ludlow police station
Nick

Rutland, MA

#8 Dec 19, 2008
I am from Ludlow, and my sympthy goes to Officer Whitney for losing a close friend and partner. Its also goes to the rest of the department. im sorry for the loss. RIP Cito.
Enough

Holyoke, MA

#9 Dec 19, 2008
God love and keep Cito's spirit! God blessed the world with wonderful things. Now Cito is one of Heaven's guardians.
Enough

Holyoke, MA

#10 Dec 19, 2008
One is not lost, if one is loved.

Since: Dec 08

USA

#11 Dec 20, 2008
sad to see a K9 lost. ESPECIALLY a dog that is a Police officer.
Many wonderful memories must be there for the Ludlow PD with this dog.
Sad he is gone, but glad you got to have such a wonderful member of the LPD.
May the next K-9 be every bit as much a blessing that Cito was.
RIP Cito.
huh

Chester, MA

#12 Dec 20, 2008
Actually they were on the roof of a 10 story building doing training, and I was on the next roof and yelled "Fetch" and tossed it over the edge. It was pretty funny.
huh

Chester, MA

#13 Dec 20, 2008
insertfoot wrote:
sad to see a K9 lost. ESPECIALLY a dog that is a Police officer.
Many wonderful memories must be there for the Ludlow PD with this dog.
Sad he is gone, but glad you got to have such a wonderful member of the LPD.
May the next K-9 be every bit as much a blessing that Cito was.
RIP Cito.
And before you get on my case, the dog wanted to die. I mean think about it, the poor dog had to hang with cops day and night, never got to go out, smoke a doobie like normal teenage dogs, or even get drunk. I did him a favor.

USA

#14 Dec 21, 2008
the doobie.....cool

you....not so
kitforme

Chester, MA

#15 Dec 21, 2008
insertfoot wrote:
the doobie.....cool
you....not so
I am the coolest of the coolsters, that are cool. I am the appointed milkshake man, and when they have the munchies they have to come to me.

USA

#16 Dec 21, 2008
yea....a man that drinks his own man butter.....yunno.....when you empty your catch rag YOUR the guy that eats all the nut nectar
u f a g
huh

Chester, MA

#17 Dec 21, 2008
insertfoot wrote:
yea....a man that drinks his own man butter.....yunno.....when you empty your catch rag YOUR the guy that eats all the nut nectar
u f a g
Try that again in english Hector, me no habla.
Faithfirst

Easthampton, MA

#18 Dec 21, 2008
huh wrote:
Actually they were on the roof of a 10 story building doing training, and I was on the next roof and yelled "Fetch" and tossed it over the edge. It was pretty funny.
Yeah. It's just about as funny as how the devil yells for you to do tricks for him and you always respond. You seem to post your comments as if you are just begging for someone to challenge you. I've got a real challenge for you. Quit the devil and put your physical and spiritual life in Jesus' hands. You'll be in for the fight of your life. The devil will come after you with everything he's got. Can you handle it? The choice is yours. Choose wisely. Your eternal life depends on it.
iloveajb4ever

Ludlow, MA

#19 Dec 22, 2008
i still have a picture of me and cito when i was at east street elementary school =(
ill keep it forever too!
they had a tennis ball that day and instead of paying attention to the assemby of all the police dogs i was playing with the pups =)
i didnt take the pics.. i went to the office and they were in an envelope (i will never forget)

r.i.p.
riahhiya

Mather, CA

#20 Jan 2, 2009
im soo sad to hear that i hate to see and hear when a noble dog loses his life. Im so sorry.

USA

#21 Jan 2, 2009
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
And before you get on my case, the dog wanted to die. I mean think about it, the poor dog had to hang with cops day and night, never got to go out, smoke a doobie like normal teenage dogs, or even get drunk. I did him a favor.
does your mother know what a dooshbag you are?
OH YEA thats right SHE IS A DOOSHBAG just like you...in fact didnt you 2 get married?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ludlow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Connecticut-based bank takes control of foreclo... Sat cops are liars an... 2
News Dr. Ben Carson book scheduled for October Fri The Lying Game 1
News Former Brimfield treasurer Kirsten Weldon jaile... Apr 28 brimfieldlandowner 1
News Bill Cosby Wants To Keep Deposition Documents S... Apr 24 nakedwarrior 1
freemasons Apr 23 american hero 2
News Survey: DCF social workers overwhelmed by casel... Apr 21 Huh 59
News Man, wanted for domestic rape and home invasion... Apr 15 Foster 1
More from around the web

Ludlow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]