North Adams angler catches 16-pound c...

North Adams angler catches 16-pound carp in Fish Pond

There are 20 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from May 26, 2010, titled North Adams angler catches 16-pound carp in Fish Pond. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

Jeffrey Lescarbeau has caught plenty of big fish during his 30-plus years of angling -- 24-inch brown trout, some bruiser bass and an assortment of large cod, haddock and sand sharks from the sea, to name a few -- but his catch Monday evening at Windsor Lake was a jaw-dropper. While fishing for rainbows on light spinning gear with worms off the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

Since: Mar 10

United States

#1 May 26, 2010
That's a nice size Carp. I love Carp fishing. They put up a huge fight and are pretty fish. I fish for them in Onota lake and they are usually around 10lbs. I have caught a few over 15lbs, but would not consider it a fish to have mounted. They are fun to catch though. I have seen a few of them in Fish Pond. Mostly in the back of the pond by the stumps in late May when they are spawning. You can't miss the comotion from them. I have also gotten a few big Suckers there also. Congrats on your catch...
dpk

Dalton, MA

#2 May 26, 2010
He should have put it back instead of keeping it.
Just a local

Clifton Park, NY

#3 May 26, 2010
Holy Carp!!!!!!!!!
Hmmmmm

Clifton Park, NY

#4 May 26, 2010
Mount a carp??? Why?
Gone Fishin

Williamstown, MA

#6 May 26, 2010
dpk wrote:
He should have put it back instead of keeping it.
Why put it back? If he has a legal license and obey the MassWildlife laws for fishing, then he can do whatever he want with it.
Fred

Clifton Park, NY

#7 May 26, 2010
Gone Fishin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why put it back? If he has a legal license and obey the MassWildlife laws for fishing, then he can do whatever he want with it.
Because DPK is a Birkenstock wearing vegetable eating Communist.
Trophy

Schenectady, NY

#8 May 26, 2010
Hmmmmm wrote:
Mount a carp??? Why?
Obviously this is more about an ego and a trophy.
chbpod

Warwick, RI

#9 May 26, 2010
Stop your carping! chbpod
oops

Schenectady, NY

#10 May 26, 2010
I read the title quick...thought is said he pulled 16 pounds of crap out of Fish pond......my bad....
Dick Nixon

Williamstown, MA

#11 May 26, 2010
I was a big fish once, until one day I caught.
still hungry

Clifton Park, NY

#12 May 26, 2010
any sucker can catch a carp.
catch

Chicopee, MA

#13 May 26, 2010
I thought fish pond was a catch and release lake?
Bob Hillard

Clockville, NY

#14 May 26, 2010
Good Job, Jeff!

Since: Mar 10

United States

#15 May 27, 2010
Bob Hillard wrote:
Good Job, Jeff!
It is a nice fish and worthy of a pin, but have you checked to see how much it will cost to mount it? I just paid 12 dollars an inch for a large Brown Trout. Get ready for a nice bill on that big boy.
Louie

United States

#16 May 27, 2010
Should of let it go,unless he wanted to eat it.
April

Gansevoort, NY

#17 May 27, 2010
Congrats on a great catch!!!
fisherman

Clifton Park, NY

#18 May 27, 2010
catch wrote:
I thought fish pond was a catch and release lake?
You thought wrong. I don't know where you would have gotten such an idea; I can't think offhand of any public lakes in Western MA which are catch & release only. There are, however, catch and release areas along certain stretches of the Deerfield, Westfield & Connecticut rivers for certain species.

It is purely up to the fisherman as to whether he/she wishes to keep any fish of legal length in season, up to the limit allowed by the state. Carp are an invasive species and should be removed from the lake whenever caught to keep them from crowding out the native fish.
Louie

United States

#19 May 27, 2010
nothing wrong with eating what you kill or killing to eat,it's just another reason for the "groups" to rally on.But screw everyone,the animal would be released by alot of sportsmen out of respect.
quiet1

Port Jervis, NY

#20 May 27, 2010
Hmmmmm wrote:
Mount a carp??? Why?
don't you need a saddle?
Biker babe

Clockville, NY

#21 May 29, 2010
Walley for President wrote:
<quoted text>It is a nice fish and worthy of a pin, but have you checked to see how much it will cost to mount it? I just paid 12 dollars an inch for a large Brown Trout. Get ready for a nice bill on that big boy.
ou should have shopped around longer, Prices can definitely be found cheaper.(10.00 per inch in Lanesborough and Cheshire)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ludlow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lifelong friends of Asiyanna Jones: `There will... 11 hr Bernhard Goetz 8
News BMC asks federal court to block nurses strike Sep 29 Retired GE Mill Rat 2
News MGM Springfield wona t face financial penalty f... Sep '17 Rhonda Latney 1
News It didn't take long for the booing of Roger Goo... Sep '17 Were pharts 2
News Hinds Pushing For Criminal Justice Reform, Asks... Sep '17 Cops are Sociopaths 21
News Pittsfield cop's suit against city claiming dis... Sep '17 Cops are Sociopaths 36
News Ex-doctor to be sentenced for prescribing pills... May '17 Elm Corner Pharm 6

Ludlow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ludlow Mortgages