Men Facing Weapons Charges, Arrested ...

Men Facing Weapons Charges, Arrested In Enfield

There are 18 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 28, 2008, titled Men Facing Weapons Charges, Arrested In Enfield. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Three men were arrested early Saturday after police responded to numerous calls that someone was waving a gun around and threatening residents at the Fox Hill Apartment complex before 4 a.m. Police found three ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Torre

Orange, CT

#1 Dec 28, 2008
Enfield once a nice town is turning into Hartford North
I Disagree

AOL

#2 Dec 28, 2008
Torre wrote:
Enfield once a nice town is turning into Hartford North
I disagree !- if Enfield were really "Hartford North" then these guys wouldn't have gotten arrested, they would have been made instant members of the Hartford PD ! At least we still have a Police Dept. that cares here !
aunt tillie

AOL

#3 Dec 28, 2008
DANGEROUS WEAPON ! WEAPON IN M/V !

Those "Daisy Red Ryder" BB guns sure are dangerous.
They could put your eye out.
mom

Holyoke, MA

#4 Dec 28, 2008
"Ralphie, you'll put your eye out!"
UP YOURS

Fairfield, CT

#5 Dec 28, 2008
Go screw Torre. Worry about your own community.
Sgt Joe Friday

AOL

#6 Dec 28, 2008
aunt tillie wrote:
DANGEROUS WEAPON ! WEAPON IN M/V !
Those "Daisy Red Ryder" BB guns sure are dangerous.
They could put your eye out.
Ok moron, havre you seen the weapon in question ? Most "BB"& pelet guns are made to look identical to their high power cousins ! I can assure you without any doubt or worry on my part that if the officer who 1st saw this weapon had fired at and hit the subject holding it it would go down as a justified shooting...even the plastic toy guns at the dollar store can be made realistic looking with only a coat of black spray paint ! these guys are extreamly lucky that nobody really got shot..again if you have no clue then don't post !
GEO

Newington, CT

#7 Dec 28, 2008
Sgt Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>Ok moron, havre you seen the weapon in question ? Most "BB"& pelet guns are made to look identical to their high power cousins ! I can assure you without any doubt or worry on my part that if the officer who 1st saw this weapon had fired at and hit the subject holding it it would go down as a justified shooting...even the plastic toy guns at the dollar store can be made realistic looking with only a coat of black spray paint ! these guys are extreamly lucky that nobody really got shot..again if you have no clue then don't post !
Thats true, Police today are afraid of people and are ready to kill at the drop of a hat. They know they have the State Lawyers behind them all the way! Fear in the Police is a dangerous way to enforce the laws. God help the public.
Sgt Joe Friday

AOL

#8 Dec 28, 2008
GEO wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats true, Police today are afraid of people and are ready to kill at the drop of a hat. They know they have the State Lawyers behind them all the way! Fear in the Police is a dangerous way to enforce the laws. God help the public.
WRONG ! today if a person has a gun pointed at them wether they are a police officer or not, you have to assume it is a REAL GUN unless proven otherwise..There are no trigger happy cops, but many too many trigger happy thugs and punks who dont give a second thought to pulling the trigger.. The police have tazers, pepper spray & pepper guns to use before lethal force..and lethal force is always LAST CHOICE ! the BB gun in qusetion was an exact replica of a much more dangerous wepon and they are damn lucky no one got shot
UP YOURS

Fairfield, CT

#11 Dec 28, 2008
I have to disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
Enfield has always been a sh!thole... uneducated white trash like these stupid kids who could have gotten themselves shot.
Oh, okay... Two kids from Ludlow, MA, and a transient apartment dweller. yeh-- good point, jackass.
aunt tillie

AOL

#12 Dec 28, 2008
Sgt Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>Ok moron, havre you seen the weapon in question ? Most "BB"& pelet guns are made to look identical to their high power cousins ! I can assure you without any doubt or worry on my part that if the officer who 1st saw this weapon had fired at and hit the subject holding it it would go down as a justified shooting...even the plastic toy guns at the dollar store can be made realistic looking with only a coat of black spray paint ! these guys are extreamly lucky that nobody really got shot..again if you have no clue then don't post !
SGT Nobalz
If someone pointed a red ryder at me I'd take it away, and shove it up his azzz.
Uncle Ned

Lincoln, RI

#13 Dec 29, 2008
Aunt Tillie,
I bet if someone pointed anything at you, you would be the first to call police crying and demanding something to be done.
Sgt Joe Friday

AOL

#14 Dec 29, 2008
aunt tillie wrote:
<quoted text>
SGT Nobalz
If someone pointed a red ryder at me I'd take it away, and shove it up his azzz.
Once again "aunt tillie" this was no "red ryder" it was a VERY realistic looking weapon, and even so , a "red ryder" still qualifies as a "real weapon" as well.. They are still very lucky that they did not got shot, it would have gone down as justified by officer if they did get shot..
Aunt Tillie

AOL

#15 Dec 29, 2008
Uncle Ned wrote:
Aunt Tillie,
I bet if someone pointed anything at you, you would be the first to call police crying and demanding something to be done.
I would not take up that bet with you because it would be like stealing your money.
I was walking with a BB rifle from the City toward the river and a cop would stop in the middle of the street and ask if that were a .22 or a BB gun. I'd tell him it was a BB gun,and he would say "OK" and drive on.This happened to me a couple of tmes in the mid to late 60's.
Aunt Tillie

AOL

#16 Dec 29, 2008
Sgt Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>Once again "aunt tillie" this was no "red ryder" it was a VERY realistic looking weapon, and even so , a "red ryder" still qualifies as a "real weapon" as well.. They are still very lucky that they did not got shot, it would have gone down as justified by officer if they did get shot..
Well Sgt.Joe,you are right.It would be considered justified. But the shooter after learning that it was only a bb gun or a toy may lose the essence of humanity. I'd rather take the chance.
Sgt Joe Friday

AOL

#17 Dec 29, 2008
Aunt Tillie wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not take up that bet with you because it would be like stealing your money.
I was walking with a BB rifle from the City toward the river and a cop would stop in the middle of the street and ask if that were a .22 or a BB gun. I'd tell him it was a BB gun,and he would say "OK" and drive on.This happened to me a couple of tmes in the mid to late 60's.
Aunt Tillie - WAKE UP GIRL ! this isn't the '60's nor is it even remotely like the '60's anymore... if you want to think you are still in Mayberry w/Sheriff Andy & Barney fine...
I have to disagree

West Hartford, CT

#19 Dec 30, 2008
Aunt Tillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Sgt.Joe,you are right.It would be considered justified. But the shooter after learning that it was only a bb gun or a toy may lose the essence of humanity. I'd rather take the chance.
Tillie, you are a fool. If a kid is playing with a real looking gun and points it at someone it will get the same reactions a real gun.. fear from the person the gun is pointed at and then a reaction to defend themselves. For a cop the reaction is defense and taking a shot for the safety of themselves and he public.

The point is, you must be an idiot to be waving a gun around, real or fake.
james curry

Easthampton, MA

#20 Jan 1, 2009
i was the one in this incident we went there cause some girl was being pushed around by a couple guys an called us crying so we went there
o help her out and there was no pointing of a gun ya ther was a bb gun in the car but we went there to talk to the guys that would ABUSE and PUT THERE HANDS ON A GIRL thats not something right for a guy to to do then they called the cops an said we threatened then which never happened

“DEMS AND THE MEDIA ARE ENEMIES”

Since: Oct 08

sw fla

#21 Jan 1, 2009
This idiot liberal state will outlaw guns, including BB guns. CT sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ludlow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Springfield police seek missing teen Maia Sprue... 13 hr ibhenryb2013 1
News Pittsfield Police officer on leave amid probe i... 15 hr cops are liars an... 18
News The Latest: Pope hopes Paris produces ambitious... Jul 22 Earthling-1 3
News Chicopee City Council approves funding to study... Jul 15 Norman 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Jul 12 Musikologist 18
Review: Beachside Motors Inc (Oct '12) Jul 11 AndyP 13
News Pittsfield Police log for Friday, July 3 to Mon... Jul 8 cops are liars an... 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ludlow Mortgages