Tragedy in the Mojave Desert hits clo...

Tragedy in the Mojave Desert hits close to home

There are 4 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Aug 16, 2010, titled Tragedy in the Mojave Desert hits close to home. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

That's how witnesses described a weekend off-road racing crash in Lucerne Valley that killed eight people and injured 1o others.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

KEVIN HOLLINGSWORTH

Palmdale, CA

#1 Aug 16, 2010
I understand signs are posted at these races requiring spectators to keep 100 away from the track. I hate to sound cruel, but 100% of the fault lies with those who were killed. Just because there are no baricades is no excuse. Everyone knows the risk standing close to the track. Motorsport races are held all over the world where spectators stand next to the track. Even though MDR was not at fault, I am sure the juries will be manipulated into thinking otherwise. I'll bet the shark attorneys have already contacted the family members.
TooSmoggy

Newman, CA

#2 Aug 16, 2010
Dumb,dumbest and dumber are those who stand too close to these fast moving offroad vehicles that are being driven by amateurs.This was even covered by CNN.These offroad races in the desert should be outlawed.These races attract mainly the younger and rowdy crowd who no doubt are getting blitzed at these events.
soda pop

Norwalk, CA

#3 Aug 16, 2010
GOD BLESS THEM ALL
Whoa

United States

#4 Aug 17, 2010
TooSmoggy wrote:
Dumb,dumbest and dumber are those who stand too close to these fast moving offroad vehicles that are being driven by amateurs.This was even covered by CNN.These offroad races in the desert should be outlawed.These races attract mainly the younger and rowdy crowd who no doubt are getting blitzed at these events.
Whoa Cowboy...I'm with ya on the standing too close. Free country baby and, if they allow it, you should be able to stand where ever you want. However, when you get hit lets not blame others. The races shouldn't be outlawed, it's not the "Race's" fault and many of the hundreds watching went home perfectly safe. This is how nature thins the herd.

Look at stats on all kinds of other ways to die that we don't outlaw. I'm sure these poor souls were loved by someone but that doesn't mean I should suffer because of their poor judgment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucerne Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Sep 23 Anaheim 4,834
Moving back to California - What is Apple Valle... (Oct '09) Sep 15 Uno Dhas Traits 36
Moving to Big Bear Lake (Jul '06) Sep 9 Jessie 69
News Beloved Dogs Found Bound, Dumped On Desert Road... Sep 3 santannamouse 2
seishin shotokan karate Aug 30 HI ANTHONY PUROLA 2
Internet cafe Jul '16 Carl os 1
lucerne valley May '16 ANTHONY PUROLA 1

Lucerne Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lucerne Valley Mortgages