National Flag Day
Posted in the Lucedale Forum
Since: Sep 09
#1 Jun 14, 2013
Today is recognized as National Flag Day because on June 14, 1777, the Continental Congress approved the design of a national flag. There can be confusion and questions about how to properly wear and display the American flag, especially as July 4th approaches.
• The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water or merchandise.
• The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free.
• No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.
• The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying or delivering anything.
• The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
• The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat.
Add your comments below
|New on Facebook~Lucedale For Sale and Wanted (Jun '11)||Nov 3||Jane||33|
|The nurse accused of withholding a diabetic inm...||Oct 19||Jail4Brannon||1|
|Nephew Missing (Mar '13)||Oct '17||the_truth_will_co...||185|
|looking for old friends (Aug '16)||Oct '17||his messenger||8|
|Couple expecting baby murdered (Jan '08)||Sep '17||Know your facts||19|
|Child found dead on Lucedale highway||Sep '17||soso||3|
|William Darden, Idice Darden face meth-related ... (Jun '11)||Jul '17||Kaleigh Darden||144|
Find what you want!
Search Lucedale Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC