Obama Orders Marines To Hold An Umbre...

Obama Orders Marines To Hold An Umbrella Over Him

Posted in the Lucedale Forum

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 May 17, 2013
During President Obama’s Thursday, May 16, outdoor press conference held with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, a light rain began to fall. As it fell the President ordered two Marines standing guard in full dress uniform to hold umbrellas so he wouldn’t get wet.

As the rain fell on the scene, Obama had a brilliant suggestion:“Why don’t we get a couple of Marines [to hold umbrellas],” the President said.“They’re gonna look good next to us,” he quipped.

How good does it look for a president currently being accused of abusing the powers of his office to use U.S. Marines like his personal servants?

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/05/16276-k...

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#2 May 17, 2013
Sad sad sad
question?

Jackson, MS

#3 May 17, 2013
They hold doors open for him and every other person that enters the west wing. What's the difference?
question?

Jackson, MS

#4 May 17, 2013
[QUOTE who="question?"]They hold doors open for him and every other person that enters the west wing. What's the difference?[/QUOTE]
Seems like bad staff work. Someone should have noticed that it might rain and moved the press conference indoors.

Location hidden

#5 May 18, 2013
According to Marine Corps regulations, not even the President of the United States can request a Marine to carry an umbrella without the express permission of the Commandant of the Marine Corps.

The Marine Corp Manual, which is the bible for all soldiers serving, specifically states that a soldier's uniform dress code does not allow the carrying of an umbrella and 'no officer or official shall issue instructions which conflict with, alter, or amend any provision without the approval of the Commandant of the Marine Corps.'

Indeed, male Marines are informed never to carry an umbrella from the earliest phases of training.

Regulation MCO P1020.34F of the Marine Corps Uniform Regulations chapter 3, rules out any use or carrying of an umbrella while a Marine is in uniform.

However, female Marines 'may carry an all-black, plain standard or collapsible umbrella at their option during inclement weather with the service and dress uniforms. It will be carried in the left hand so that the hand salute can be properly rendered.'
question?

Jackson, MS

#6 May 18, 2013
The are photos of at least four out of the last five presidents with an umbrella being held by a member of the armed services. So someone ok'ed it somewhere along the way.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#7 May 18, 2013
To me , My biggest problem was the comment made by O'bama, " it will make them look good standing next to us" No disrespect Mr. President but to me anytime a soldier in in uniform they look good because it shows that they are giving all to our Country. They DO NOT need you in a photo op to " Make them look good" Get over yourself Sir!!!!!!!!
watchya know

Picayune, MS

#8 May 18, 2013
I always thought that the President was the commander in chief of the armed forces, so who's permission does he need in order to do ANYTHING?

As it turns out he doesn't need permission to break the rules either, since he doesn't know them. He needs to hire a Commander in Chief of Common Sense to follow him around.

Location hidden

#9 May 18, 2013
Common Sense - has flown out the window with him. Why don't we send him out in the war zone for awhile and see if he can learn some respect for his soldiers.
watchya know

Hattiesburg, MS

#10 May 19, 2013
cipsaw wrote:
Common Sense - has flown out the window with him. Why don't we send him out in the war zone for awhile and see if he can learn some respect for his soldiers.
I guess he could hold their umbrellas for them, oh wait, they don't have umbrellas. He wouldn't have time for that anyway,since he would be too busy changing his underwear every 10 minutes.
Coach Scott

Tucker, GA

#11 May 20, 2013
That rite there made me proud to be americain. It's a message showing their ain't no more predjudce , our unions and our government hand in hand . These are good times we are living in !! If I was a marine it would be awesome to git to have that honor . Now that is a man that leads
vote

Mobile, AL

#12 May 20, 2013
Coach Scott wrote:
That rite there made me proud to be americain. It's a message showing their ain't no more predjudce , our unions and our government hand in hand . These are good times we are living in !! If I was a marine it would be awesome to git to have that honor . Now that is a man that leads
Marine

Capitalize the M in Marine, it is disrespectful otherwise.
vote

Mobile, AL

#13 May 20, 2013
The_SCOOP wrote:
According to Marine Corps regulations, not even the President of the United States can request a Marine to carry an umbrella without the express permission of the Commandant of the Marine Corps.
The Marine Corp Manual, which is the bible for all soldiers serving, specifically states that a soldier's uniform dress code does not allow the carrying of an umbrella and 'no officer or official shall issue instructions which conflict with, alter, or amend any provision without the approval of the Commandant of the Marine Corps.'
Indeed, male Marines are informed never to carry an umbrella from the earliest phases of training.
Regulation MCO P1020.34F of the Marine Corps Uniform Regulations chapter 3, rules out any use or carrying of an umbrella while a Marine is in uniform.
However, female Marines 'may carry an all-black, plain standard or collapsible umbrella at their option during inclement weather with the service and dress uniforms. It will be carried in the left hand so that the hand salute can be properly rendered.'
Marine Corps Manual? Soldiers? MCO = Marine Corps Orders which denotes orders for Marines only, not soldiers, sailors, airmen etc..
Coach Scott

Tucker, GA

#14 May 20, 2013
vote wrote:
<quoted text>
Marine
Capitalize the M in Marine, it is disrespectful otherwise.
oh thank you Marine it won't let me go back and change it on the post though
vote

Mobile, AL

#15 May 20, 2013
Coach Scott wrote:
<quoted text>oh thank you Marine it won't let me go back and change it on the post though
Thank you for understanding
time2growup

Hattiesburg, MS

#16 May 22, 2013
marine.... lower case.... because i can....
Bulletz

Picayune, MS

#18 May 23, 2013
Coach Scott wrote:
They and Obama broke the law. They did not voluntarily do that but were illegally ordered to do so.
Get a job you sloths

Mobile, AL

#19 May 24, 2013
time2growup wrote:
marine.... lower case.... because i can....
If not respect, I suppose that one could cite proper grammar. Proper noun....but this is George County, so an education isn't really a priority. Give this man some more meth.

Location hidden

#20 May 24, 2013
Get a job you sloths wrote:
<quoted text>
If not respect, I suppose that one could cite proper grammar. Proper noun....but this is George County, so an education isn't really a priority. Give this man some more meth.
Pot is what he likes

Location hidden

#21 May 26, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Nov '16 trump 1
Kim Dailey (May '15) Nov '16 Too_Funny 47
Public showers Sep '16 Lindy 1
Help us lay our friend to rest. Any donation ap... Sep '16 sickANDtired 2
News Sound Off (Jun '09) Sep '16 sickANDtired 15
looking for old friends Sep '16 Pamela Christense... 5
News Transgender man sent to prison for sex crimes a... Sep '16 TerriB1 1

Lucedale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance