First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tmt6599

Montgomery, AL

#1 Sep 24, 2010
does anyone know what happento cause this young man to loose his life on a motor cycle?
mentul_autocrat

Brookhaven, MS

#2 Sep 24, 2010
from what i was told , a car hit him. he was a jrotc cadet who pushed others and will be sadly missed . tomorrow will be a terrible swamp stomp without him. god be with his family.

_N0_N33D_T0_T33L _

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Sep 24, 2010
when did this happen and where
gcmotherof4

Hattiesburg, MS

#4 Sep 24, 2010
I am interested to know where and when it happened also. Was it in George County?
Scoop

Pinola, MS

#5 Sep 24, 2010
A four wheeler accident happened tonight at 10:30pm. (9/24/10) No word on injuries.
Scoop

Pinola, MS

#6 Sep 24, 2010
Somewhere in Benndale at an RV park.
mentul_autocrat

Brookhaven, MS

#7 Sep 24, 2010
sorry tomorrow isn't swamp stomp. it's another competition, but he will still be missed , and it will be a very rough day for all the cadets because he is loved.
mentul_autocrat

Brookhaven, MS

#8 Sep 24, 2010
Scoop wrote:
Somewhere in Benndale at an RV park.
was sand something.

_N0_N33D_T0_T33L _

Location hidden

#9 Sep 25, 2010
35-year-old cold case remains unsolved
Updated: Friday, 24 Sep 2010, 9:41 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 24 Sep 2010, 8:48 PM CDT

Libby Amos
Photojournalist: Riccardo Montgomery
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi (WALA)- Thirty-five-years ago a young girl from Pascagoula was brutally murdered. Fox Ten News is re-visiting this cold case murder mystery with the hope that one of you has the clue that will solve it. Investigators don't know who stabbed 16-year-old Janie Sanders to death and then dumped her body in Grand Bay.

Thirty-five-years ago Janie Sanders was walking home from Colmer Junior High School in Pascagoula when she met the man who would rape and kill her within 30 minutes.

Several young girls told police they saw the car that Janie was taken away in, but Detective Darren Versiga said that led police on a search to nowhere.

"It was a red herring. It was the red herring. It was good info. At the time it was all we had we had and the police jumped on it with both feet and went every direction in Mobile County, FBI Mobile FBI in Pascagoula, Pascagoula Police Department. They pulled over every red mustang they could find," Versiga said.

Police then turned their attention to a different car; a blue El Camino that was spotted by a game warden as it was leaving the scene where Janie's body was found just minutes after it was dumped.

"The blue El Camino was overlooked years ago because of the red mustang, but the game warden that pulled onto the road actually saw the tracks come off the road. He is a warden in that area and knows people get caught squirrel hunting in that area, he caught somebody the week before. There had been a rain storm so he knew there were no tracks up in there, and he sees these tracks come out he said the only reason they are in there is there are either hunting or dumping trash so he pulls up in there and finds the body," explained Versiga.

The only evidence in the case was found on Sanders' butchered body. Hair and semen samples were collected, but after years of comparisons and transfers Versiga said the samples are lost.

"We are in the process of trying to locate those. You have several agencies that have had their hands on those, the FBI Pascagoula PD and Mobile County, we have not been successful in finding those items as of yet," added Versiga.

Versiga said after 35-years has passed, he is confident someone knows who Janie's killer is.

"There is somebody out there that knows. They've talked to the suspect, they know who he is, a very good possibility or they've seen the evidence and they've just buried it all these years and I ask that for anybody who has that information to come forward and talk to me," Versiga said.

Janie's clothing and the murder weapon were never found. Janie's body could be exhumed if investigators find a likely suspect.

Versiga said with today's technology, DNA could be matched to link the killer to the crime.

If you recall seeing the blue El Camino, or anything suspicious on September 24, 1975 call police.

_N0_N33D_T0_T33L _

Location hidden

#10 Sep 25, 2010
In 1975 we lived in Pascagoula i was only 8 or 9 years old im really sure i seen a part of this that day but its a blur it was in Wayne Lees parking lot a car i cant remember what kind 2 people was in they was kissing and i seen the driver open his door and sliped a big knife under his side could this be that for some reason i cant forget what i seen that day and now seeing this really bugs me thinking what if this is the girl that was killed i seen that day any advice for me if only i could remember more
Informed

Brooklyn, MS

#12 Sep 25, 2010
Cody's accident happened before the 4wheeler wreck. And they were at different ends of the County.

There was nothing to the 4wheeler wreck, First Responders and AMR checked they guy and he had minor injuries with no transport to the Hospital.

Cody was hit near 98 and 198. The girl who hit him was 10-55 and related to Tony Keel. Not that Her being 10-55 has anything to do with Mr. Keel, but that is how I was informed of who she was.
I SHOULD KNOW

Hattiesburg, MS

#13 Sep 25, 2010
10-55, huh? Why not just say intoxicated, or drunk? Using 10 codes outside of radio traffic is just weird. Are you a cop or something?
truth bearer

Hattiesburg, MS

#14 Sep 25, 2010
I SHOULD KNOW wrote:
10-55, huh? Why not just say intoxicated, or drunk? Using 10 codes outside of radio traffic is just weird. Are you a cop or something?
Probably a want-a-be. Or some kid trying to sound cool. And anybody who knows her knew that anyway!
Sage

Brandon, MS

#15 Sep 26, 2010
I think I'll go 10-100 on that one.
mentul_autocrat

Brookhaven, MS

#16 Sep 26, 2010
I SHOULD KNOW wrote:
a scanner user with the code guide would be my guess
lil mom

United States

#17 Sep 28, 2010
Has anyone heard what is being done to regina keel who was at fault here when they said she was driving drunk? I pray this won't be swept under the rug as many things Tony Keel is involved in already has.
I SHOULD KNOW

Hattiesburg, MS

#18 Sep 28, 2010
If she was drunk when she hit him, we should see her name in the GCT tomorrow.
Scoop

Pinola, MS

#19 Sep 28, 2010
There was a wreck today (9/28/10)about 3:00pm, two injuries and one of those went to a mobile hospital. Not sure of location or circumstances.
Scoop

Montgomery, AL

#20 Sep 29, 2010
Lot of ativity today for some reason, had to be particularly careful of careless drivers.
FishyWoman

Vicksburg, MS

#21 Sep 30, 2010
lil mom wrote:
Has anyone heard what is being done to regina keel who was at fault here when they said she was driving drunk? I pray this won't be swept under the rug as many things Tony Keel is involved in already has.
The information I have is this person is not related to Tony Keel and she was not an alcohol related DUI.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder Jul 16 Gennann3958 2
Marijuana is dangerous Jul 6 Hooked on the let... 1
Pamela thompson-hyatt arrested Jun '17 Notafan 5
News Missing teen's mom suspects foul play (Sep '12) Jun '17 Trey 3
News Safety First: MDOT participates in 72-hour Road... Jun '17 MDawg 1
Kim Dailey (May '15) Jun '17 Truthhurtz101 50
Mayor Lee Jun '17 Tawana 1

Lucedale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance