What do you think of this?

What do you think of this?

Posted in the Lucedale Forum

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Nov 25, 2013
People of Mississippi,

When you hired me to be your Lieutenant Governor, I promised to cut government waste -- starting with our expensive, bloated fleet of government vehicles. Already, we're making progress!

In just one year, we cut $9 million in purchase costs and reduced the state fleet by 150 vehicles. Even better, we're further reducing the number of state cars every year for the next four years.
We've got a lot more work to do, but we're off to a good start managing the government's money like it's your money -- because it is.
The differences between liberals and conservatives have never been clearer than they are these days, especially when it comes to spending other people’s money. That is why I'm asking you to donate $10 or more today to help me spread our positive message with families across Mississippi!
If we let them, the big spenders in our state government would seek to solve every problem by spending more of our money, taking more and more from our pay checks and working to grow the size of state government. We’ve been working hard to make some positive changes in Jackson over the last couple years.
I hope you'll stand with me. Please consider a donation of $10 or more today and help me continue to fight for fiscal responsibility in Jackson.
I appreciate your support!
Thank You,

Tate Reeves

Location hidden

#2 Nov 25, 2013
Got this in email this morning.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 25, 2013
Well, if there not using the tax money for vehicles and such things, why have I not seen my taxes go down? Why have we not seen a drop in the 7% tax we pay for everything we buy. I got a Question, the people that are having the vehicles taken away from them, are they supplying their own vehicle and gas now to do your government job. Taking away from everybody else in one hand then asking for $10 donations from hard working people from the other hand.I agree if the vehicles are not used substantially then take them away, if it is costing your employees money to do their job that they need, then it is just taking advantage of your workers. You'll not get any of my money, do without like you're making your employees and oh by the way, as I remember, the conservative party you're bragging about has run Mississippi for a right good while now, so please explain where all of these vehicles come from? Just my opinion!

Location hidden

#4 Nov 25, 2013
Good points. Should tell him all of that.

http://tatereeves.com/contact/
1stbatalian

Hattiesburg, MS

#5 Nov 25, 2013
I wonder why they need donations if they are saving money?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Nov 25, 2013
I didn't get one of these flyers, I must not be on his mailing list. lol

Location hidden

#7 Nov 26, 2013
just -woderin wrote:
I didn't get one of these flyers, I must not be on his mailing list. lol
I like to keep up with what the guys are plotting, planning, whatever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leonard Dunnam 44 min sick 2
Help us lay our friend to rest. Any donation ap... Sep 16 sickANDtired 2
News Sound Off (Jun '09) Sep 16 sickANDtired 15
looking for old friends Sep 13 Pamela Christense... 5
News Transgender man sent to prison for sex crimes a... Sep 3 TerriB1 1
job roofing Aug '16 sayles 1
Mary Loper Case (May '12) Jul '16 Wondering 41

Lucedale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance