UKs tiniest baby, given 1% chance of...

UKs tiniest baby, given 1% chance of survival, turns 10

Posted in the Lucedale Forum

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

George County, MS. USA

#1 Jul 12, 2013
UKs tiniest baby, given 1% chance of survival, turns 10: mom was advised to abort

BIRMINGHAM, July 10, 2013 ( LifeSiteNews.com ) When Aaliyah Hart was born in 2003 at City Hospital, Birmingham, three months prematurely, weighing just 12oz and only 7 inches long, and with undeveloped lungs, doctors told her mother that she had a 1% chance of survival.

Aaliyah, defying the odds, turned ten in May and says that while she likes school, she loves sports and is the captain of the girls' football (soccer) team.

Almost as big as her peers now, at four feet tall and weighing 56 lbs, Aaliyah said, "I really like playing football, it's a lot of fun playing with my friends. Being the captain makes me feel very proud.

I like school but I really love sports. I know I'm a bit smaller but I try not to let it make a difference. My favourite team is Manchester United. I really like Wayne Rooney," she said according to a Daily Mail report on the amazing little girl.

Aaliyah is the smallest surviving baby ever born in Britain.

Aaliyah's mother Lorraine, herself only 5 ft., 1 in. tall, recalled that after she and her husband Ricardo had tried for 15 years to conceive without success, she was delighted when she found she was pregnant.

Read more: http://zionica.com/2013/07/12/uks-tiniest-bab...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim Dailey 5 hr Suck_it_up 14
What kind of jobs do sexual offenders have afte... (Sep '09) May 20 doesnotmatter 661
Nephew Missing (Mar '13) May 20 GC Change 183
Charlet Dearman of Lucedale arrested for posses... May 19 Suck_it_up 3
Chinatown new menu food? May 19 Suck_it_up 19
Ufo May 4 kottonmouth_king 2
bbw or cougar May 3 Granny1950 6
More from around the web

Lucedale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]