Denny's tells cops they can't eat at ...

Denny's tells cops they can't eat at restaurant while armed

Posted in the Lucedale Forum

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Oct 4, 2013
An Illinois Denny's restaurant is serving controversy along with its Grand Slamwich breakfasts. On Tuesday, the manager of its Belleville location told a group of "on-duty but out-of-uniform" officers that they couldn't eat in the restaurant if they were wearing their guns. The detectives showed their badges and explained that they were protecting and serving, even while sitting in a vinyl booth. The staffers again said that they'd need to lock their weapons in their cars; the cops chose to leave instead. Now Belleville's police chief has banned all officers from eating at Denny's, despite an apology from the chain. "It's … a slap in the face," Capt. Don Sax said.

EDITOR'S NOTE: This story was updated after it was published to correctly identify the location of the Denny's restaurant.
Just Me

Athens, AL

#2 Oct 4, 2013
This is a couple of months old!

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#3 Oct 4, 2013
That's why it was updated. Still shows whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Personally I feel safer with legal guns around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arrons Jul 23 carmen 1
Lucedale Jul 22 just_do_it 2
black-panther-invasion Jul 13 just_do_it 1
Sonic Jul 8 Lnb 2
Building Permit (Jan '11) Jun '16 Ponderosa1969 10
Car cranking Jun '16 Bullhauler 1
Cost of a Septic Tank in Lucedale (Feb '12) May '16 Kimberly 11

Lucedale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance