First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anyone

New Orleans, LA

#22 Apr 17, 2013
Fyi- reporting injuries does NOT break HIPPA if names are not used.

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

George County, MS. USA

#23 Apr 17, 2013
anyone wrote:
Fyi- reporting injuries does NOT break HIPPA if names are not used.
The names are in the paper, does that tell you anything?
HIStorical TruTh

Hattiesburg, MS

#24 Apr 17, 2013
Little Big Man wrote:
I think that this conversation was about to get out of hand with some of them losing their tempers. We all enjoy "discussing" happenings in our area. We all should be concerned citizens who care about what happens to people. And I do believe that 90% of us do just that, care about our friends and neighbors whether they live in George County, Forrest County, Mobile County, Jackson County, Perry County, etc. We are all God's people!
Well put!
Citizen of Concern

Hattiesburg, MS

#25 Apr 18, 2013
Scoop wrote-I guess you would discontinue all the news media of radio, internet, tv and newspapers. Most patients' injuries are not covered by HIPPA.

No actually I wouldn't, that isn't my opinion. But, if you would take the time to investigate HIPPA, you would learn that the discussing and/or revealing of any patients injuries, insurance, or private information to anyone not providing that persons medical care is a violation of federal law. I reiterate, all patients injuries are covered by HIPPA. In this case my source, maybe an LEO, or an EMT, or a firefighter, or a first responder,(not gonna name person or profession) is precluded from divulging information covered by HIPPA they obtain in their work to anyone not providing care for the patient.

Scoop again-The names are in the paper, does that tell you anything?

That is a right of a free press to to inform of happenings. However, did the paper state the driver from Hattiesburg had the top of his skull split? Did it state his left leg was amputated at mid-thigh? Non of these are the actual injuries, just using them as hypothetical.

George County, MS. USA

#26 Apr 18, 2013
Then, revealing the injuries of the Boston bombing victims were illegal?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#27 Apr 18, 2013
HIPPA= privacy safeguards for individually identifiable patient information.

Don't get put in the ICU at the George Regional Hospital or this part of the HIPPA act is out the window. The nurses talk so loud you hear ev'thing about ev'one, hence I knew my cousin had cancer before his wife did. They told me not to repeat it and after I mentioned his brother was an attorney, things got nice and quiet in the ICU for the rest of the night.

George County, MS. USA

#28 Apr 18, 2013
Actually, if you search, it is HIPAA, not HIPPA. Which concerns health info privacy, not general publicity.

Another federal statute that exempts certain records from disclosure is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). HIPAA protects personal health information kept by insurance companies and medical providers. Information related to a person’s physical or mental condition, the types of health care provided and payment information is confidential.

http://www.rcfp.org/rcfp/orders/docs/FAHB.pdf

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim Dailey 6 hr rcbc 7
What kind of jobs do sexual offenders have afte... (Sep '09) May 20 doesnotmatter 661
Nephew Missing (Mar '13) May 20 GC Change 183
Charlet Dearman of Lucedale arrested for posses... May 19 Suck_it_up 3
Chinatown new menu food? May 19 Suck_it_up 19
Ufo May 4 kottonmouth_king 2
bbw or cougar May 3 Granny1950 6
More from around the web

Lucedale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]