babers rent to own ROACHES

Posted in the Lucedale Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
grossed

United States

#1 Jan 24, 2012
That place is nothing but nasty and the manger is a crook, my elderly aunts house is full of German Roaches "not the common wood roach" from a stove that she thought was new but it was not new at all, this place should be shut down for health reasons,

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 24, 2012
grossed wrote:
That place is nothing but nasty and the manger is a crook, my elderly aunts house is full of German Roaches "not the common wood roach" from a stove that she thought was new but it was not new at all, this place should be shut down for health reasons,
I just don't want anything that is going in and out of everyone's house - you know bed bugs have made a come back - seems there should be some kind of health rules.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 24, 2012
grossed wrote:
Lmao this is what i think the manger shawn that fat bastard someday i hope i run up on him at the right place wrong time trust me my fist will go half way down his throat and i dont rent i will pay for what i get that fat bastard made the remarks on the phone one time he peep in my windows cause my son went and rented some junk a few years ago
grossed

United States

#4 Jan 24, 2012
Well she was lied too by the short fat guy with glasses, she made then come pick the stove up I was there and asked the delivery guy if they cleaned the stuff he pretty much said to me they make it look good that's about it nd the store is full of those roaches
grossed

United States

#5 Jan 24, 2012
And by the third day of having the stove she had received five calls and a door hanger asking about her next payment when she already paid a month a head, I can't believe what a horrible experience my aunt went through

Location hidden

#6 Jan 24, 2012
Renting furniture is a rip off, people should really do the figures on this. Those bed bugs can get in your upholstery too.
watchya know

Hattiesburg, MS

#7 Jan 25, 2012
cipsaw wrote:
Renting furniture is a rip off, people should really do the figures on this. Those bed bugs can get in your upholstery too.
Total rip-off, all of them. I priced a stove for my daughter who was just starting out in her house. By the end of the lease she would have paid over $1200 for a stove. No thanks.
truthhurtz

Montgomery, MN

#8 Jan 27, 2012
yeah some people cant afford brand new so they go & rent things because payments are low which yes it is a big rip off no matter how you look at it..Yes If you get things from here dont be surprised If you need up with bugs because normally the ones they pick up from that doesnt make payments or normally dont need anymore,They live nasty & its ashame after some company goes out to rent something out to you & all at least take care of it & keep it clean!!Thats why if anything just ask for them to order a brand new one of whatever it is that your needing or just dont buy it from there,go to lucedale for sale & wanted & watch for what it is that you might need..Alot of people take advantage of things that can better serve us..Just like people on welware struggle to keep their benefits while some are selling their wic or selling foodstamps for cash its really sorry..
guysrus

Madison, MS

#9 Jan 27, 2012
Its the people they rent to that have bugs or dirty places. Maybe they should have a decontamination room to clean everything and then examine homes before they rent to them. Its the homes they rent to that the health dept. needs to be checking.

Location hidden

#10 Jan 27, 2012
I disagree, it is the stores responsibilty to insure that furniture is clean and disinfected when it is delivered to the customer.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 27, 2012
truthhurtz wrote:
yeah some people cant afford brand new so they go & rent things because payments are low which yes it is a big rip off no matter how you look at it..Yes If you get things from here dont be surprised If you need up with bugs because normally the ones they pick up from that doesnt make payments or normally dont need anymore,They live nasty & its ashame after some company goes out to rent something out to you & all at least take care of it & keep it clean!!Thats why if anything just ask for them to order a brand new one of whatever it is that your needing or just dont buy it from there,go to lucedale for sale & wanted & watch for what it is that you might need..Alot of people take advantage of things that can better serve us..Just like people on welware struggle to keep their benefits while some are selling their wic or selling foodstamps for cash its really sorry..
There is an auction every Saturday night on 198 east about 4 miles out of town - they usually always have furniture and you cannot believe how cheap it goes. I have seen nice sofas go for 50.00 - I hade much rather buy one of these - take it home and clean it and then it is mine. There is Goodwill and other places too - I remember when I was getting a start in life what it was like, but I have never rented anything like that.
THETRUTH

Brandon, MS

#12 Mar 16, 2012
well grossed if you have a problem with this place maybe you should talk to them instead of talking smack on an online forum. I have dealt with this company for years and the only time they call you is when you are late, and they only come to your house if you re late or call them to repair your merchandise. as far as the roaches in the store, have you ever been in the store, I was in there just the other day, and the store is clean and has no roaches that I saw, maybe your aunt has the roaches.....just saying

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#13 Mar 16, 2012
Just don't use a rent to own business. If you save the money you would pay there for a couple months and make due with what you have or don't have then you can go and buy new furniture, computers..etc.

"Only 25 dollars a week......" A week is the key term for that flatscreen television. So you're paying over a hundred dollars a month for a used television...

Save your money, instant gratification is great until you realize you don't own anything in your home or in your driveway.

Location hidden

#14 Mar 16, 2012
Geaux wrote:
Just don't use a rent to own business. If you save the money you would pay there for a couple months and make due with what you have or don't have then you can go and buy new furniture, computers..etc.
"Only 25 dollars a week......" A week is the key term for that flatscreen television. So you're paying over a hundred dollars a month for a used television...
Save your money, instant gratification is great until you realize you don't own anything in your home or in your driveway.
You are so right - bad decisions only make us poorer. No one has to rent a TV - when we built our house I had no furniture for the living room - a home made table and 4 chairs that I bought for 9.00 each. I do not finance furniture - if you can't pay for it - you don't need it. I read an interesting saying "the recession will not be over until this generation learns to live on what they have."
THETRUTH

Brandon, MS

#15 Mar 17, 2012
A lot of people can't afford to just go out and buy their furniture, what gets you is if you go past the 90 day price. The 90 day price is normally comparable to some of the big name stores. Obviously if you go passed the 90 days you are going to pay a lot more, sometimes two or three times more than the 90 day price

Location hidden

#16 Mar 17, 2012
Interest free is just waiting to catch you - it is great if you pay things off on time. This generation of kids grew up having it all at home and are having a hard time adjusting to making a living.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#17 Mar 17, 2012
THETRUTH wrote:
A lot of people can't afford to just go out and buy their furniture, what gets you is if you go past the 90 day price. The 90 day price is normally comparable to some of the big name stores. Obviously if you go passed the 90 days you are going to pay a lot more, sometimes two or three times more than the 90 day price
The point is, if you can afford the prices they charge at these rent to own places then you can afford to buy your own furniture......if you SAVE your money. Too many people are so used to instant gratification that they don't know how to save money, or their parents never taught them because they get into these rent to own, 90 days same as cash, 0 percent for 12 months (then the interest of those 12 months catch up if you don't pay it off in those 12 months) it's non stop.

These schemes are how the poor keep getting poorer, people don't learn from their mistakes. I have a car, but I'm bored with it and haven't paid it off is another situation people get themselves into so they stack up the balance that wasn't paid off from the tradein value of the last vehicle.

LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS! This is coming from a 29 year old.....

Location hidden

#18 Mar 17, 2012
Geaux wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, if you can afford the prices they charge at these rent to own places then you can afford to buy your own furniture......if you SAVE your money. Too many people are so used to instant gratification that they don't know how to save money, or their parents never taught them because they get into these rent to own, 90 days same as cash, 0 percent for 12 months (then the interest of those 12 months catch up if you don't pay it off in those 12 months) it's non stop.
These schemes are how the poor keep getting poorer, people don't learn from their mistakes. I have a car, but I'm bored with it and haven't paid it off is another situation people get themselves into so they stack up the balance that wasn't paid off from the tradein value of the last vehicle.
LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS! This is coming from a 29 year old.....
You are a very smart 29 year old - my parents grew up hard and that is what I heard all my life - it does pay of. I raised my children to pay for what they got and they are living that life too. The first pay check you make - 10% should go to retirement, if people wait until their 40's to start saving - it is too late.
Ilovelucedale

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 Apr 14, 2012
they art to burn that dern place to ta grownd

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#20 Apr 15, 2012
Ilovelucedale wrote:
they art to burn that dern place to ta grownd
You ought to study hooked on phonics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A message to All Police Departments.. Sat Suck_it_up 3
Joel (Ryan) Nelson Fri Curious 2
J. Andrew Brown Dec 19 curious1216 1
Tracfone (Feb '11) Dec 18 financewoman 11
SRHS retirees, employees band together to get l... Dec 16 just me 2
Randy (Randall) Andrew Brown Dec 16 curious1216 1
Terry Thompson (Feb '10) Dec 13 Lawanda 27
Lucedale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lucedale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lucedale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lucedale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:44 am PST

NBC Sports 5:44AM
Roddy White to Keenan Lewis: We just woke up out of the grave
NBC Sports 5:44 AM
Roddy White to Keenan Lewis: We just woke up out of the grave
NFL 6:21 AM
Atlanta? San Fran? Where might Rex end up next?
NBC Sports12:21 PM
Falcons hoping for 0-0 fresh start in playoffs - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Steven Jackson undergoing further testing on quad