First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Scoop

United States

#81 Nov 24, 2009
Yeah, too much to expect from those folk. Does require some common sense.
LEQ

Follett, TX

#82 Oct 12, 2013
Excuse me, those video camera's that where installed really help the case when Billy Joe Johnson was murdered. How about get those white redneck Mayberry Sheriff Dept. out there.. We all know the real truth behind the killing of Billy Joe Johnson? The White Trailer Trash girlfriend & her redneck neck day, "Just Sayn"

Since: Dec 10

United States

#83 Oct 14, 2013
Hey LEQ,
Billy Joe was black and could run fast, that's the only thing he had going for him. He had been in trouble multiple times for his attitude and temper. He also was trying to break in or at least scare that girl that morning, and he shot himself because he was too stupid to know how to handle a shotgun....something every redneck can do with no problem! Tell me LEQ, why wasn't he in school that morning like all the good little rednecks were?

Since: Jun 12

Lucedale

#84 Oct 14, 2013
I keep reading about the drug problem in our county and I have to say it is not as simple as folks make it out to be.

Every time we arrest a drug dealer it increases the risk of the drug business forcing the prices to go up and more than one faction looks to seize the business left behind. Then we have to pay to prosecute them and imprison them which takes tons of money and tons of time.

We are spending more than 30 million a year to prosecute, house, and investigate drug crimes and the problem is only getting worse. Let us concentrate on Violent/Sex crimes and use the left over funds to better equip students and parents to fight addiction at home.

The argument that drug users/dealers are violent is fortune telling, we can't know what a person will do in any state. A violent person who uses drugs is more violent, a violent person who drinks beer is more violent, a violent person who is provoked...common sense. If we attack the problem which is addiction then we can help fight it, if we reduce the risk of obtaining drugs we create a less lucrative market. Which means criminals will either find new ways to make money or look for a real job.

The way to solve it is to stop prosecuting them, worry about prevention and job growth, confiscate the drugs and destroy them, and fine them for not paying taxes on the sales profit.

If the sheriff's department wants to save money start small: Used Vehicles, Less Paperwork more electronic filing, Patrols instead of Roadblocks, Auctions, Vehicles at rest in high crime areas in lieu of daytime patrols, 2 officers to a car(should be policy anyway), badges and id's instead of uniforms, creation of their own academy program, more part time shifts, on call officers during weekdays.

Im not saying he doesn't need more money or that he hasn't tried these things already. Im just saying these are simple ways to reduce spending.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#85 Oct 14, 2013
George County does not pay 30 million per year for drug control. We should arrest and prosecute them to the limit. If we made it hot enough, they would go else where.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#86 Oct 14, 2013
Not a Leagal-Eagle wrote:
Hey LEQ,
Billy Joe was black and could run fast, that's the only thing he had going for him. He had been in trouble multiple times for his attitude and temper. He also was trying to break in or at least scare that girl that morning, and he shot himself because he was too stupid to know how to handle a shotgun....something every redneck can do with no problem! Tell me LEQ, why wasn't he in school that morning like all the good little rednecks were?
I'm guessing you were there? Also, The incident happened at least before 630 because I passed it on my way to work.How do you know he wasn't on his way to school, He had a huge future in football and colleges were already offering him scholarships. Why don't you mention who else was messing with that girl while you are popping off at the keyboard? Surely you know he was an avid hunter since you know so much so yes, He did know how to handle a shotgun.

Lucedale

#87 Oct 14, 2013
Cipsaw, I agree George County does not "pay" $30mil per year for drug control.

What I said is "the cost to prosecute, house, and investigate drug crime".

To break it down look at the costs from the cop investigating drug crime, to the cops involved in seizure, to the D.A, the judge, his court officers, transportation, jailing, the Department of Justice, the six month trial, the cost of state imprisonment, medical expenses, probation, parole, and a slew of other expenses I don't feel like listing, you will find a number that far exceeds that amount...even for George County.

You can say prosecute them to the limit, and its easy it rolls off the tongue, you can make the same mistakes over and over again and get the same results.

If you find something that's broke and isn't working what do you do? You fix it! If more people would stop spouting out this trained rhetoric like "Prosecute them to the limit" We would have more solutions to problems and stop making the same mistakes.

Location hidden

#88 Oct 14, 2013
johnomoran3 wrote:
Cipsaw, I agree George County does not "pay" $30mil per year for drug control.
What I said is "the cost to prosecute, house, and investigate drug crime".
To break it down look at the costs from the cop investigating drug crime, to the cops involved in seizure, to the D.A, the judge, his court officers, transportation, jailing, the Department of Justice, the six month trial, the cost of state imprisonment, medical expenses, probation, parole, and a slew of other expenses I don't feel like listing, you will find a number that far exceeds that amount...even for George County.
You can say prosecute them to the limit, and its easy it rolls off the tongue, you can make the same mistakes over and over again and get the same results.
If you find something that's broke and isn't working what do you do? You fix it! If more people would stop spouting out this trained rhetoric like "Prosecute them to the limit" We would have more solutions to problems and stop making the same mistakes.
I have to disagree - many countries do not have this problem because the penalty is too great. Our country has become liberal wimps that just say "oh well" - run for sheriff and fix it. We certainly need a fix, and I would like to see all of these thugs gone from our county.

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

George County, MS. USA

#89 Oct 15, 2013
If you have a real complaint against a judge, use this: http://www.judicialperformance.ms.gov/Pages/H...

Since: Dec 10

Ocean Springs, MS

#90 Oct 15, 2013
Hey Mentu_Handicaped...if he was headed to school he would not have been leaving town on 26 headed back to Benndale now would he? You know nothing!

Lucedale

#91 Oct 15, 2013
cipsaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree - many countries do not have this problem because the penalty is too great. Our country has become liberal wimps that just say "oh well" - run for sheriff and fix it. We certainly need a fix, and I would like to see all of these thugs gone from our county.
Name one. Not a single country who has exceedingly harsh laws against drugs, has lowered their drug addiction rate. Not a single one. Not one. Portugal has the lowest addiction, use, and trafficking rates of any country in the world! This is after just 10 years of decriminalization.

These 4 countries impose stiff penalites drug users including the death penalty and/or life imprisonment, their drug sales, addiction, and trafficking are all on the rise.
United States: Highest Cocaine Addiction
China: Largest Precursor Drug Trafficking
Afghanistan: Largest Opium Producer
India: Highest addiction rates

Location hidden

#92 Oct 15, 2013
China has the lowest drug usage among 17 countries, the have capital punishment - the US is highest out of those 17 - we use 90% of the addictive medications. You could look at all crimes the same way - have no jails, no law enforcement - if it feels good do it. Just let citizens kill those that offend them. A country without laws - would that work?
wow

Lucedale, MS

#93 Oct 15, 2013
cipsaw wrote:
China has the lowest drug usage among 17 countries, the have capital punishment - the US is highest out of those 17 - we use 90% of the addictive medications. You could look at all crimes the same way - have no jails, no law enforcement - if it feels good do it. Just let citizens kill those that offend them. A country without laws - would that work?
Go to China, see how your quality of life dramatically falls off.

Lucedale

#94 Oct 15, 2013
cipsaw wrote:
China is #17 out of the 20 highest drug use countries! That's a real big accomplishment(disaster) considering there are 196 countries in the world!

I can't look at all crimes the same way! I can't look at child molestation, rape, or murder the same way I look at drug use!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What kind of jobs do sexual offenders have afte... (Sep '09) 2 hr ijust want to work 657
I'm a girl with a cranking fetish. Can anyone r... Fri Carcrankygirl 1
Christopher Baxter: Feb 23 Sportsman101 0
Please Donít Thank Me for My Service Feb 23 Sportsman101 1
County Supervisors Feb 23 Lincoln 1
Pelet Factory Feb 23 Lincoln 1
Keith Havard for George Co Sheriff Feb 23 sheepdog 3
Lucedale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lucedale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance