Hospital Expansion

Since: Jul 11

Lubbock, TX

#1 Mar 2, 2014
In June a referendum is being held to approve the expansion of our hospital. The question is whether or not to extend a millage that we are already paying. Taxes do not change. Anyone who has been in the hospital lately knows the critical need for more space. George County is very lucky to have a great hospital but it needs more space, particularly in areas like the emergence room and radiology. If you have needed these services you know what I mean.
why

Laurel, MS

#2 Mar 2, 2014
ol grouch wrote:
In June a referendum is being held to approve the expansion of our hospital. The question is whether or not to extend a millage that we are already paying. Taxes do not change. Anyone who has been in the hospital lately knows the critical need for more space. George County is very lucky to have a great hospital but it needs more space, particularly in areas like the emergence room and radiology. If you have needed these services you know what I mean.
I agree, many older people cannot travel out of town - we certainly do need an update.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 2, 2014
It has gotten some what better but as a whole, the George County hospital system Emergency room has not got a very good history. I wondered why they didn't update the technology in there rather than add a nursing home. I question Paul's management abilities and have for years.
Wilma

Jackson, MS

#4 Mar 3, 2014
I question both Paul and Derycks ability. Why not update much needed equipment such as x-ray and MRI. If you have ever been referred to Mobile with these test results then you know they most always repeat testing because the quality is too bad to read.

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#5 Mar 5, 2014
They could do better in the ER by separating certain patients from ohers. People that are bleeding a lot or that are mental should be taken back immediately or have a room to themselves and those who brought them there should be required to remain with them to keep them under control.

Since: Jul 11

Lubbock, TX

#6 Mar 5, 2014
Many of the problems mentioned above with the ER are due to the lack of space. It is my understanding that the ER sees about 15000 patients a year and the normal size would be 1 bed per 1000 patients or 15 beds. I think that they have about 5 or 6, less than half of what is needed.
The hospital has up to date X ray, Cat scan and MRI equipment, But they are space limited. The MRI is outside and patients have to go out of the building to use it.
All of these issues are addressed in the expansion.
Of the many items addressed, I expect the expansion of the ER is the most pressing. Just an opinion.
Wilma

Belzoni, MS

#7 Mar 17, 2014
If we can accomplish this expansion why can we not include our own ambulance service providing jobs to locals and they are familiar with the county.
NANA

United States

#8 Mar 17, 2014
Wilma wrote:
If we can accomplish this expansion why can we not include our own ambulance service providing jobs to locals and they are familiar with the county.
AMENTO THAT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New on Facebook~Lucedale For Sale and Wanted (Jun '11) Nov 3 Jane 33
News The nurse accused of withholding a diabetic inm... Oct 19 Jail4Brannon 1
Nephew Missing (Mar '13) Oct '17 the_truth_will_co... 185
looking for old friends (Aug '16) Oct '17 his messenger 8
News Couple expecting baby murdered (Jan '08) Sep '17 Know your facts 19
News Child found dead on Lucedale highway Sep '17 soso 3
News William Darden, Idice Darden face meth-related ... (Jun '11) Jul '17 Kaleigh Darden 144

Lucedale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lucedale Mortgages