New Tax Increase
Ironman

Belzoni, MS

#21 Jun 14, 2013
FedUp-The OPENING POST mentions the bond issue. Ha! And I'm glad you, Cipsaw, know that the bond issue isn't the reason for taxes increasing. You do seem to be one of the brighter ones on this site.

Personally, I hope we get a "Reagan" type president next go round. I think that would solve MANY problems from top down that we all have (if you work for a living or retired from a job, anyway).

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22 Jun 14, 2013
Ironman wrote:
FedUp-The OPENING POST mentions the bond issue. Ha! And I'm glad you, Cipsaw, know that the bond issue isn't the reason for taxes increasing. You do seem to be one of the brighter ones on this site.
Personally, I hope we get a "Reagan" type president next go round. I think that would solve MANY problems from top down that we all have (if you work for a living or retired from a job, anyway).
\
I think most any dummy knows this increase is not for the bond. However, instead of telling people over and over your taxes will not be going up if the bond is passed - why not be honest and say, the bond will not raise your taxes, but we are going to request a tax increase that will raise property taxes - that is simple integrity Ironman - if we don't have integrity then we are nothing.
Ironman

Belzoni, MS

#23 Jun 14, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see where anyone said this was related to the bond. I also don't see how you can obviously not see the hypocrisy of the entire situation. I know that this is usually done annually, but there are some people who do not know that. If they didn't want to be called hypocrites, then they should have reminded everyone that the bond was separate from the annual tax increase they ask for, instead of preaching No Tax Increase like it is the Second Coming. They are a bunch of lying hypocrites. Period!!
Oh lord. Not only was the bond mentioned in the opening post. YOU posted it.#mustfeelsilly
Ironman

Belzoni, MS

#24 Jun 14, 2013
And the campaign was that voting yes would not make taxes go up...and it doesn't. The board didn't want people to vote no just because they simply thought it would make taxes not go up. That's the way I took it. But different people can spin it different ways, I guess.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#25 Jun 14, 2013
Ironman wrote:
I posted this under "How Funny" but it probably applies to this topic and can answer questions.
So, I've read the paper now and got some answers. And, sorry to poop on all those who think they have an argument about the school bond causing the taxes to increase. Kilt just explained it very well concerning requests made annually. Why now, you complaining ask? Some of you think, since the timing is the way it is, what was in the paper must be the cause of the bond issue, right? No. The fiscal year for our school district is July through June. Budget requests are made each year (as Kilt stated) around this time in order to set numbers for the new fiscal year which begins in July. What was in the GC Times would have been in the GC Times, as is, even if the bond issue hadn't existed. There is no link between the two. You're welcome for the info. All of you could actually do like I do and call or go see people that have answers to your questions. You'd probably feel better about things. Otherwise, carry on with your complaints. Good day.
I posted this on How Funny too and I like you think it would be pertinent here: Well it would seem to to me it is just a juggling of the terminologies. When you need Bond money in large amounts for repairs and upgrades it would seem that these normal maintenance programs should be funded and implemented by the general budget, but if negligence in this area becomes a danger to the students, then aha, ask for BOND MONEY to do repairs and upgrades. Just semantics as I see it. If you think the way this was done is fair then you are needed in Washington!
Fed up

Petal, MS

#26 Jun 15, 2013
Ironman wrote:
<quoted text>Oh lord. Not only was the bond mentioned in the opening post. YOU posted it.#mustfeelsilly
Yes, it was mentioned. It had to be mentioned to point out their hypocrisy. I never said that they are the same thing. I don't feel silly at all, but maybe you should. I think you are so in love with the bond issue that you can't see straight if it is even mentioned.
Ironman

Hattiesburg, MS

#27 Jun 15, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was mentioned. It had to be mentioned to point out their hypocrisy. I never said that they are the same thing. I don't feel silly at all, but maybe you should. I think you are so in love with the bond issue that you can't see straight if it is even mentioned.
I simply support education. And, I don't feel silly for pointing out your mistake. You can't even remember what you post from one day to the next. Game. Set. Match.

Location hidden

#28 Jun 15, 2013
Ironman, what kind of idiot would someone be not to support education. Support comes in many forms not just money - I supported my children in every way I could for them to get the best education they could and I am doing the same for my grandchildren. I support "honesty in government" too and in every other aspect of life. Just raising taxes and throwing money at a problem is not my idea of support.
Fed up

Petal, MS

#29 Jun 15, 2013
Ironman wrote:
<quoted text>I simply support education. And, I don't feel silly for pointing out your mistake. You can't even remember what you post from one day to the next. Game. Set. Match.
Again, WHERE did I post that I didn't remember posting it? NOWHERE. I posted about both items to point out the hypocrisy. YOU are the genius who ASSUMED that I thought they were the same. Geez....you must be feeling downright STUPID now. And you thought you were all witty calling me out by telling me to feel silly! Get a life!
Ironman

Hattiesburg, MS

#30 Jun 15, 2013
Fed up wrote:
I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, but I will go first. Has anyone seen the ad in the GCT where the school board is holding a meeting about RAISING AD VALOREM TAXES??? THAT didn't take long! I'm sure glad everyone listed to their lies and voted for that bond issue! BTW, I heard through the grapevine that they probably still won't get computer labs because they cost too much and they didn't ask for enough money. Imagine that!
This
Ironman

Hattiesburg, MS

#31 Jun 15, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see where anyone said this was related to the bond. I also don't see how you can obviously not see the hypocrisy of the entire situation. I know that this is usually done annually, but there are some people who do not know that. If they didn't want to be called hypocrites, then they should have reminded everyone that the bond was separate from the annual tax increase they ask for, instead of preaching No Tax Increase like it is the Second Coming. They are a bunch of lying hypocrites. Period!!
And this

Location hidden

#32 Jun 15, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, WHERE did I post that I didn't remember posting it? NOWHERE. I posted about both items to point out the hypocrisy. YOU are the genius who ASSUMED that I thought they were the same. Geez....you must be feeling downright STUPID now. And you thought you were all witty calling me out by telling me to feel silly! Get a life!
I know how frustrated you feel - like talking to a recording.
Ironman

Hattiesburg, MS

#33 Jun 15, 2013
So you didn't imply the bond issue is linked to the new tax increase? Or, you weren't meaning to imply that?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#34 Jun 15, 2013
Ironman wrote:
So you didn't imply the bond issue is linked to the new tax increase? Or, you weren't meaning to imply that?
I'll come right out and say it, the two are basically being used for the same purposes to a certain extent. One, repairs and upgrades , which should also be incorporated in the general budget used for the yearly to do list. If what you are saying is they never include maintenance or upgrades in the general funds, then you better look over expenditure lists for spending. I hope announcements are made in the paper when these projects are completed with an accounting of what each cost also. Open and transparent you know.
Ironman

Hattiesburg, MS

#35 Jun 15, 2013
just -woderin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll come right out and say it, the two are basically being used for the same purposes to a certain extent. One, repairs and upgrades , which should also be incorporated in the general budget used for the yearly to do list. If what you are saying is they never include maintenance or upgrades in the general funds, then you better look over expenditure lists for spending. I hope announcements are made in the paper when these projects are completed with an accounting of what each cost also. Open and transparent you know.
Yeah. Transparency is very important. We all want to know for what and how much each specific project costs. I would think it will be public knowledge. Good points.

Location hidden

#36 Jun 15, 2013
Ironman wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Transparency is very important. We all want to know for what and how much each specific project costs. I would think it will be public knowledge. Good points.
I was told from someone that should know - they don't really have much of a clue what they will do with the bond money. I would like to see some transparency - the county does publish their expenditures and the school system should.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#37 Jun 16, 2013
I now realize why they were pushing the, "Taxes will not go up because of this bond." They knew that the ad valorem tax increase was coming up and they wanted the public to rest assured that it would have nothing to do with the bond. I'll just say, Test scores and grades had better rise since they got their money for technology since they believe that this is what the students are lacking in education to improve education. Each year, more and more lessons are being brought home that need internet access to complete, Hopefully they will do like other schools do and issue tablets to students starting in middle school.
Fed up

Petal, MS

#38 Jun 16, 2013
cipsaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how frustrated you feel - like talking to a recording.
Yep. Saying This and This is just stupid. I never said what I am accused of saying. I am tired of beating a dead horse, so I refuse to answer them again. I know what I posted and if they can't figure it out, then it's their loss.

Location hidden

#39 Jun 17, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Saying This and This is just stupid. I never said what I am accused of saying. I am tired of beating a dead horse, so I refuse to answer them again. I know what I posted and if they can't figure it out, then it's their loss.
If I had harped that we were not having a tax increase like they did, I would be ashamed.
Ironman

Hattiesburg, MS

#40 Jun 17, 2013
cipsaw wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had harped that we were not having a tax increase like they did, I would be ashamed.
Are you saying that the school board was saying...if you vote "yes" on the bond issue, taxes would not increase at all, from anything else either, even non-school related? The board was trying to pull one over on the citizens?

I would think anyone with good sense realizes that when that was said, it referred to the outcome (if yes) not raising taxes and it was being said because MANY people thought it would raise taxes if passed. And, you've agreed the passing of it hasn't and won't raise taxes.

I truly hope you're answer isn't yes. If so, I'll have to admit I've given you too much credit but I will understand better why you were against the bond campaign. And, if you really think that, I guess we'd just have to agree to disagree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leonard Dumbdumb 10 hr lickmybrownhole 2
Black teeth Jan 14 Too_Funny 27
Election Nov '16 trump 1
Kim Dailey (May '15) Nov '16 Too_Funny 47
Public showers Sep '16 Lindy 1
Help us lay our friend to rest. Any donation ap... Sep '16 sickANDtired 2
News Sound Off (Jun '09) Sep '16 sickANDtired 15

Lucedale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance