New Tax Increase
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fed up

Petal, MS

#1 Jun 13, 2013
I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, but I will go first. Has anyone seen the ad in the GCT where the school board is holding a meeting about RAISING AD VALOREM TAXES??? THAT didn't take long! I'm sure glad everyone listed to their lies and voted for that bond issue! BTW, I heard through the grapevine that they probably still won't get computer labs because they cost too much and they didn't ask for enough money. Imagine that!
Fed up

Petal, MS

#2 Jun 13, 2013
I just found where Cipsaw posted on it. I am glad I'm not the only one who sees the complete hypocrisy of our school system administration!
Ironman

Ridgeland, MS

#3 Jun 13, 2013
Fed up wrote:
I just found where Cipsaw posted on it. I am glad I'm not the only one who sees the complete hypocrisy of our school system administration!
Must be true since you heard it through the grapevine. smh

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#4 Jun 13, 2013
A smart administrator would get grants for computers anyway. Well "fed up", I feel that people that pushed for this bond owe an apology to those who saw thru the smoke.

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#5 Jun 13, 2013
All the insistence that it would NOT raise our taxes? Someone should make a picket sign out of that.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Jun 13, 2013
I also find fault with the George County Times, because they had to be either bamboozled just like everybody else that voted for the bond, or they were part of it. The bond issue kept appearing on the FRONT PAGE, why was this tax increase stuck back on PAGE NINE???? I can't find any other way to look at this but to believe we are dealing with underhanded sneaky people. It is just shameful. Just my opinion.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Jun 13, 2013
This is exactly how wedges get driven into a community, by manipulating a community with facts that are not being transparent and totally honest with that community.Turning parts of the community against each other I will never trust anything that comes out of the George County Times or the school administration again. Just my opinion

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#8 Jun 13, 2013
I saw someone call the George County Times the "Sellers Family Opinion" and I think that is pretty well the best name I have seen for them. Buddy Sellers runs Washington down and Obama down in every article, the way I see it dishonesty is the same here or in Washington. I am anxious to see if he now calls Ms Harrell and the school board, he certainly does not mind giving the supervisors a hard time. All of you bond supporters what do you have to say now - have they been honest with us?

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#9 Jun 14, 2013
Supervisors have always been as he said although there have been one or two that tried to do right. We run Washington down too if you haven't noticed. Opinion page is just that: an opinion, although he has been around long enough to know the ins and outs. Same as in any other paper. I agree with most of the opinions on the page, except for the bond. I noticed no one wrote a letter against the bond, why is that? Figured someone on here with knowledge would share it with others.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#10 Jun 14, 2013
The_SCOOP wrote:
Supervisors have always been as he said although there have been one or two that tried to do right. We run Washington down too if you haven't noticed. Opinion page is just that: an opinion, although he has been around long enough to know the ins and outs. Same as in any other paper. I agree with most of the opinions on the page, except for the bond. I noticed no one wrote a letter against the bond, why is that? Figured someone on here with knowledge would share it with others.
Scoop - it is not fair for people to pay for Buddy Sellers opinion - he should go to school board meetings, and other board meetings and report the facts - not his opinion. If he wants to do a column on his opinion and state it as such then that is fine. I guess he does not have an opinion when the tax payers have been lied to over something that he pushed for.
Selfish GC

Lucedale, MS

#11 Jun 14, 2013
What a sad, miserable f' of a place GC is when no one wants to fund their children's education. Stop talking about land owners being the only people paying taxes. Do you think that those who own the rental properties aren't passing along their taxation to their tenants? Visit other areas that are prosperous (no where in the South) and maybe you'll learn something about how to get children to want to graduate and take pride in themselves.

---Out!

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#12 Jun 14, 2013
Nobody is forced buy a paper and he DOES go to the meetings or sends a representative. More people should write to the editor and voice their opinions. Maybe if some had done that before the election, things might have come out different. Keeping your opinion and knowledge to yourself is equal to agreeing with them.
Ironman

Tchula, MS

#13 Jun 14, 2013
I posted this under "How Funny" but it probably applies to this topic and can answer questions.

So, I've read the paper now and got some answers. And, sorry to poop on all those who think they have an argument about the school bond causing the taxes to increase. Kilt just explained it very well concerning requests made annually. Why now, you complaining ask? Some of you think, since the timing is the way it is, what was in the paper must be the cause of the bond issue, right? No. The fiscal year for our school district is July through June. Budget requests are made each year (as Kilt stated) around this time in order to set numbers for the new fiscal year which begins in July. What was in the GC Times would have been in the GC Times, as is, even if the bond issue hadn't existed. There is no link between the two. You're welcome for the info. All of you could actually do like I do and call or go see people that have answers to your questions. You'd probably feel better about things. Otherwise, carry on with your complaints. Good day.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14 Jun 14, 2013
Selfish GC wrote:
What a sad, miserable f' of a place GC is when no one wants to fund their children's education. Stop talking about land owners being the only people paying taxes. Do you think that those who own the rental properties aren't passing along their taxation to their tenants? Visit other areas that are prosperous (no where in the South) and maybe you'll learn something about how to get children to want to graduate and take pride in themselves.
---Out!
Hey my children graduated, went to college and to the top of their field - the land owners just happen to own the rental properties too, I have visted many places and other countries, but integrity is lacking in our school board. I could give you a few pointers on raising kids, guarantee you that.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15 Jun 14, 2013
Ironman wrote:
I posted this under "How Funny" but it probably applies to this topic and can answer questions.
So, I've read the paper now and got some answers. And, sorry to poop on all those who think they have an argument about the school bond causing the taxes to increase. Kilt just explained it very well concerning requests made annually. Why now, you complaining ask? Some of you think, since the timing is the way it is, what was in the paper must be the cause of the bond issue, right? No. The fiscal year for our school district is July through June. Budget requests are made each year (as Kilt stated) around this time in order to set numbers for the new fiscal year which begins in July. What was in the GC Times would have been in the GC Times, as is, even if the bond issue hadn't existed. There is no link between the two. You're welcome for the info. All of you could actually do like I do and call or go see people that have answers to your questions. You'd probably feel better about things. Otherwise, carry on with your complaints. Good day.
You are always trying to clear things up for us - I believe we all know this tax increase is not caused from the bond issue - you were on here harping everyday "taxes are not going up just go to a meeting" it was deception on the school board's part not to let the tax payers know that we are going to raise taxes after you vote this in - why did they just publish this. I am beginning to think folks are just too unaware of our government to know that "you were had". If I worked for the school system, I would be glad too. I can afford my taxes and it will just put more folks on the tax roles in August for people to make interest on.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16 Jun 14, 2013
The_SCOOP wrote:
Nobody is forced buy a paper and he DOES go to the meetings or sends a representative. More people should write to the editor and voice their opinions. Maybe if some had done that before the election, things might have come out different. Keeping your opinion and knowledge to yourself is equal to agreeing with them.
He only publishes what he wants to.
Fed up

Petal, MS

#17 Jun 14, 2013
Ironman wrote:
I posted this under "How Funny" but it probably applies to this topic and can answer questions.
So, I've read the paper now and got some answers. And, sorry to poop on all those who think they have an argument about the school bond causing the taxes to increase. Kilt just explained it very well concerning requests made annually. Why now, you complaining ask? Some of you think, since the timing is the way it is, what was in the paper must be the cause of the bond issue, right? No. The fiscal year for our school district is July through June. Budget requests are made each year (as Kilt stated) around this time in order to set numbers for the new fiscal year which begins in July. What was in the GC Times would have been in the GC Times, as is, even if the bond issue hadn't existed. There is no link between the two. You're welcome for the info. All of you could actually do like I do and call or go see people that have answers to your questions. You'd probably feel better about things. Otherwise, carry on with your complaints. Good day.
I don't see where anyone said this was related to the bond. I also don't see how you can obviously not see the hypocrisy of the entire situation. I know that this is usually done annually, but there are some people who do not know that. If they didn't want to be called hypocrites, then they should have reminded everyone that the bond was separate from the annual tax increase they ask for, instead of preaching No Tax Increase like it is the Second Coming. They are a bunch of lying hypocrites. Period!!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18 Jun 14, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see where anyone said this was related to the bond. I also don't see how you can obviously not see the hypocrisy of the entire situation. I know that this is usually done annually, but there are some people who do not know that. If they didn't want to be called hypocrites, then they should have reminded everyone that the bond was separate from the annual tax increase they ask for, instead of preaching No Tax Increase like it is the Second Coming. They are a bunch of lying hypocrites. Period!!
Agree - elections will come again and 100,000 is pretty good money for George County, hopefully Dr Nypman will run again. Everyone I have spoken with is highly upset, unless they work for the school system.
maybe?

Jackson, MS

#19 Jun 14, 2013
cipsaw wrote:
<quoted text>Agree - elections will come again and 100,000 is pretty good money for George County, hopefully Dr Nypman will run again. Everyone I have spoken with is highly upset, unless they work for the school system.
I'm sure that everyone you've spoken to is! I'm sure you're always surrounded by fair and open minded people.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20 Jun 14, 2013
[QUOTE who="maybe?"]<quo ted text>
I'm sure that everyone you've spoken to is! I'm sure you're always surrounded by fair and open minded people.[/QUOTE]

I guess I have a general assortment of friends like most everyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George countian dies in car wreck, others injured (Feb '10) Jun 17 will_get_your_azz 72
Building Permit (Jan '11) Jun 12 Ponderosa1969 10
Car cranking Jun 4 Bullhauler 1
Cost of a Septic Tank in Lucedale (Feb '12) May '16 Kimberly 11
News Photos: People seen at Donald Trump rally in Bi... May '16 AIPAC owns Trump 5
The Times They Are A Changing May '16 busting on homo l... 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lucedale, MS (Jul '10) Apr '16 busta_without_the... 221
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lucedale Mortgages