Cops use GPS cannon to track your car

Cops use GPS cannon to track your car

Posted in the Lucedale Forum

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

George County, MS. USA

#1 Nov 16, 2013
Police cars across the country are being equipped with a system for tagging and tracking vehicles using Global Positioning System, or GPS, technology.

The StarChase system installs into the grille of a police car a compressed-air cannon, which can fire 4.5-inch GPS projectiles that stick to a parked or fleeing vehicle, using a high-grade adhesive. The GPS tags then enable the patrol car to back off, while computers at police headquarters track the suspect car’s movements.

The system was designed to eliminate the need for high-speed car chases, which are blamed for 360 deaths every year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Trevor Fischbach, president of the Virginia Beach-Va.-based StarChase, told Industry Leaders magazine the system enables police to keep tabs on a fleeing suspect and plan how to apprehend him strategically, rather than race wildly after him.

“The agencies using StarChase report back that officer behavior across the entire on-duty patrol is totally different,” Fischbach commented.“Normally, when officers hear ‘pursuit in progress’ over their radios, they fly to the scene. StarChase reduces that adrenaline. Now, when they hear ‘StarChase’ over the radio, they stay put and wait for further instructions from dispatch.”

Business Insider reports more than 15 law enforcement and government agencies in the U.S. are currently using the StarChase system, including the Arizona Highway Patrol, the police department in Austin, Texas, and Iowa Highway Patrol.
Fischbach explained other agencies have reportedly declined to be identified as equipped with StarChase, concerned criminals will act to avoid StarChase once they know that certain police departments are using it.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/cops-use-gps-canno...
runner

Brooklyn, MS

#2 Nov 16, 2013
Thanks Scoop,Now I'll know to spray the back of my car with a non adhesive in case i'm ever being chased.

George County, MS. USA

#3 Nov 16, 2013
Won't work. Better et a jammer s the editor says. Got its good and bad points like anything else.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#4 Nov 16, 2013
This will be expensive to use
granny1950

San Francisco, CA

#5 Nov 17, 2013
I cannot imagine you seeing this in Lucedale soon!!!!

George County, MS. USA

#6 Nov 18, 2013
It would have to be a lot cheaper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sound Off (Jun '09) 9 hr jadebaby 10
I'm a girl with a cranking fetish. Can anyone r... Sat Uncld4 19
jade helm Jul 15 Suck_it_up 2
VOTE for SHERIFF Jul 14 Brad 14
Bicycle wreck with car Jul 12 granny 2
Why are certain church folks so rude in Public ... Jul 7 Try kindness 4
badcock furniture's extended warranty under ass... (Jul '10) Jul 7 ladybugg 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lucedale Mortgages