blackpeoplemeet.com REALLY?
B4REAL

Fort Washington, MD

#188 Oct 3, 2012
kaliza wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, the majority of African American women are not interested in dating white men and as well most white men may equally not be interested in dating black women; also many white men who might like to date a black woman are too afraid to do so because of how other white men and women will view them....
Not to debate but I beg to differ with you. There are a lot of black women that date white boys. Being a brother here in the NE I went to a concert a year ago. I was with a Filipina women. I mean like dam the stares I got from all the sisters who were hand in hand with these white boys. So I don't agree with you. I am like saying what you staring at? I wanted to go with you but you did not give me the time of day, so here I am. PLUS I kid you not, I was one of the few brothers at the oldie but goody concert but there were lots of sisters with white boys.

Now here is the reality to it all and I want you to really pay attention to what I am about to say.
WHITE MEN WILL DATE FINE THIN AND TRIM BLACK WOMEN. THEY GET THE FINEST HONEY OUT THERE. THEY NEVER EVER DATE A FULL FIGURED SISTER You best believe that. On the other hand it seems that the Bros have an affinity to FAT OVER SHAPE WHITE WOMEN and walk around with Snow Flake thinking they have something. Lastly white men will date Black women when they are getting up in age. Ya may have a few white boys a little bit more these days that will date the sisters. Trust me its a phase they are going through but money and family will still frown on it. Ask yourself when is the last time you had dinner with a white boy and his family and it was just you? It doesn't happen. But when the white boy is out of shape and has nothing else to loose because he is older and establish. Then he will date a younger black woman who thinks she has something. I aint hating just calling it like it is. Also one last point white boye date black women but they do it on the down low. You best believe that as well. I aint knocking it but trust me that is the for real for real.
pac

Miami, FL

#189 Oct 20, 2012
About being equally Yoked is as what Whatwhat said...d has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with mixing races..., it talks about being unequally yoked, which means a believer canít be with a non-believer. It says racism is a sin. "Red and yellow, black or white they are precious in his sight" as the childrenís song says.
I CANNOT believe the blatant ignorance on this site... How is it racist to have a site that states meet black people or meet white people? FYI there is also a meet interracial site as well. It is just a preference not racist. Yes racism does exist; however everyone needs to stop reading so DEEPLY into things. This site has ugly words mentioned. They are just dating sites that give an option to differentiate races. I am a MIXED breed and I will if I wanted to go on any of the three sites. I have been on meetblackpeople.com and guess what they have "CaucasiansĒ looking on the site... WAKE up people! This is why it is such a challenge to partake in some of these forums. Yes FREEDOM of speech, however THINKK before you type and re think and re-read before you post these comments.
pac

Miami, FL

#190 Oct 20, 2012
cipsaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be a victim or a victor - we are what we think - I think Herman Cain is a great example of a person - he came from a poor family and become very successful -
Well said!
pac

Miami, FL

#191 Oct 20, 2012
Geaux wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, if people would get off of social media sites such as Facebook, then maybe they'd have a life. Here's a hint, those 1200 friends you are "friends" with on Facebook, are not your friends. It makes you look extremely insecure.
I would have agreed with your comment some years ago; however my busy schedule and my kids schedule it became very challenging to go out frequently looking for someone, or in homes of something finding me. It is GREAT you found someone the old fashioned way. But in regards to dating sites they were created for a reason to assist people in my cocooned category like myself. I must say I have been dating an AMAZING and LOVING gentleman I met on meetblackpeople.com and we have been dating for over 9 months. As like myself he has a very busy schedule and travels frequently due to his business and dating/meeting someone was a challenge with his hectic schedule. So the sites do assist, just be careful. As you should be when you meet someone the "OLD" fashion way as well.
pac

Miami, FL

#192 Oct 20, 2012
The Dude wrote:
For what it's worth, I met my wife via the internet, although it wasn't on a dating site. And we seem to be making it alright so far.
With my busy schedule and my kids schedule it became very challenging to go out frequently looking for someone, or in hopes of something finding me. But in regards to dating sites they were created for a reason to assist people in cocooned category like myself. I must say I have been dating an AMAZING and LOVING gentleman I met on meetblackpeople.com and we have been dating for over 9 months. As like myself he has a very busy schedule and travels frequently due to his business and dating/meeting someone was a challenge with his hectic schedule. So the Social/Dating sites do assist. My guy is wonderful and we are doing absoltely GREAT! So its refreshing to hear relationships met on social media there are positive outcomes. Thank you for sharing and congrats!
pac

Miami, FL

#193 Oct 20, 2012
GOOD!! foryou. I too have found an amazing man on the site and pray with Gods grace we have a long relatioship that perhaps leadto marriage.We have been dating over 9 months and I have yet to see a monster in hi:-)... God bless you you and Gods blessings your way...
Lww108 wrote:
Lord....now we debating about online dating services...the devil is busy...I think both of you are right how does that sound..but I must say I love black people meet. Ive meet a really nice man n intended to have a long relationship if god permit with him just so everybodie knows alot of sights take to long to become a member you have to give them your slave,name once your done interest is gone bpm is simple that makes the difference with alot of impatient people.
Beforreal

Fort Washington, MD

#194 Oct 21, 2012
@ PAC You have a lot to say and that's cool. However I beg to differ with you in some aspects. First and foremost the term mix is just to be politically correct. For hundreds of years if you had a smidge of black in you your were classified as being black. Keep in mind when I say mix I am referring to white and black races mixing. History will validate what I am about to say and you can contact any Consensus Group. Prior to being Politically correct it had to deal with a percentage of black blood versus white blood but at the end of the day based upon your hue you were deemed black or mulatto. Mulatto was the termed to say we know you have black blood but you can past for white. So please read up on history a little more my friend. Because of black awareness in the 60ís these new terms of mixing has become more prevalent in the 80ís and where we are today. So if you want to deem yourself as being mixed that is your preference but when it comes to being mixed with black and white. When you have a black parent old school says you are black end of story. I have no problem with anyone who wants to date outside of there race. I just have a problem with our society making excuses for people who want to be political correct when there is no need to.
Going off topic here but untrue to common belief Harriet Tubman was not the original founder of the underground railroad or the Grandma Moses of it as well. White men or shall I say white slave owners were long ahead in sending there mixed children up North to past for white. That is a well know common fact but history avoids that major admittance. Something when you have time to read and will find fascinating. So in other words there are black people passing for white. I know because I had an aunt who did that. Also not to be rude I beg to differ.ďGod has nothing to do with a dating site whether you be Christian or not. Its call free will and I donít desire to get into a religious debate on topics like this because most so call Christians or not up on what the Bible really says i.e unevenly yoke etc etc. Anyway what I am saying is out of respect and not to pick on you because sometimes people just donít know. Have a nice day.
Glad about it

Canton, MI

#195 Oct 21, 2012
Thanks you all for creating more awareness and members to Blackpeoplemeet. The more dramatic the black and white issue the more it get's noticed and more keep joining. I love it. By the way whites can join too! ;-)

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#196 Oct 22, 2012
Beforreal wrote:
@ PAC You have a lot to say and that's cool. However I beg to differ with you in some aspects. First and foremost the term mix is just to be politically correct. For hundreds of years if you had a smidge of black in you your were classified as being black. Keep in mind when I say mix I am referring to white and black races mixing. History will validate what I am about to say and you can contact any Consensus Group. Prior to being Politically correct it had to deal with a percentage of black blood versus white blood but at the end of the day based upon your hue you were deemed black or mulatto. Mulatto was the termed to say we know you have black blood but you can past for white. So please read up on history a little more my friend. Because of black awareness in the 60ís these new terms of mixing has become more prevalent in the 80ís and where we are today. So if you want to deem yourself as being mixed that is your preference but when it comes to being mixed with black and white. When you have a black parent old school says you are black end of story. I have no problem with anyone who wants to date outside of there race. I just have a problem with our society making excuses for people who want to be political correct when there is no need to.
Going off topic here but untrue to common belief Harriet Tubman was not the original founder of the underground railroad or the Grandma Moses of it as well. White men or shall I say white slave owners were long ahead in sending there mixed children up North to past for white. That is a well know common fact but history avoids that major admittance. Something when you have time to read and will find fascinating. So in other words there are black people passing for white. I know because I had an aunt who did that. Also not to be rude I beg to differ.ďGod has nothing to do with a dating site whether you be Christian or not. Its call free will and I donít desire to get into a religious debate on topics like this because most so call Christians or not up on what the Bible really says i.e unevenly yoke etc etc. Anyway what I am saying is out of respect and not to pick on you because sometimes people just donít know. Have a nice day.
Actually the law in most southern states was more than one fifth constituted black, less didn't. Varied in some places.

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#197 Oct 22, 2012
Glad about it wrote:
Thanks you all for creating more awareness and members to Blackpeoplemeet. The more dramatic the black and white issue the more it get's noticed and more keep joining. I love it. By the way whites can join too! ;-)
Noone said they didn't want the site to grow, just that it was hypocritical to have tha one and not a Whitepeople meet site. No white colleges but plenty of black colleges exists.
Beforreal

Fort Washington, MD

#198 Oct 26, 2012
Actually the law in most southern states was more than one fifth constituted black, less didn't. Varied in some places.

Yes your 1000% correct but at the end of the day depending on who is saying what. If you have one parent who is black, sorry you are black but since everyone wants to be independant of black. Then we create other PC terms but black is black. LOL.
wpatience

Sparks, NV

#200 Oct 30, 2012
Janyse wrote:
Plus, how dare you accuse ME of stirring up racism when you don't condone mixing races? Pot, meet Kettle. My comment was in response to the original poster who seemed outraged that such a website existed.
I welcome all responses from intelligent, open-minded people who are capable of looking at both sides instead of just their own.
You know why I have an issue with the site? It is because the ad on tv speaks in a way that tells me they are not speaking to black people. "This is how black people meet". It seems like they are talking to non black people when they say that, like it is informing everyone that this is how black people meet.
Btw I am so stinking sick of hearing about race I could scream. I only use the term white guy or black guy if I don't know the dudes name. If it is a white guy I say the blonde guy, bald guy. Redhead guy. If it is a latino, asian, ect I say "black, latino, asian guy in the red, white, yellow.... shirt.
Why do people still use the terms white people, black people? How about, grouping people by who they are as people? Mothers, Fathers, Christians, lawyers.
I hate hearing about how we white folk don't understand how it is for black people! What furthers racism is when we keep hearing from black folk how different we are because our skin is pale. If we stop talking about it won't we all become just people?
My kids are mixed btw and they are fine, I have raised them to know they are people, with values, and they are unique. To them everyone is different from one another, not groups but individuals. No person is exactly the same as any other person! So grouping and saying anything that is a broad assumption is wrong. Yes we are all different, we all have our own path that leads our personality, our belief system, and our decisions.
I am Athiest, and my daughter is like me, but my son has decided he is too young to make that decision. Teach children to think and ask questions, and soon we will be out of this white person, black person era!
nana

Crossville, TN

#201 Nov 4, 2012
Geaux wrote:
I'm wasting time watching television tonight and saw a grossly racist site called blackpeoplemeet.com . How exactly is there this double standard again where there could be no possibility of a whitepeoplemeet.com however a blackpeoplemeet.com is perfectly fine?
For those that wonder what I'm talking about it is a dating service/site.
I may be overreacting but equality is equality, no bias, no

discrimination from either side.
I agree with you. i was sitting here thinking the same thing. I think I will start some up.
Sbm

Belzoni, MS

#202 Nov 9, 2012
Danielle wrote:
I'm a member of both eharmony and black people meet and have actually noticed both races on both sites, which is no problem at all. I agree with Janyse that the white population are the majority. As a result, many institutions sort of bar blacks, by creating obstacles, as a way to keep us separate. I think this is what is hard for whites to understand. I think you have to be black to know what it feels like when someone calls you the "n" word to your face or stare you down in a restaurant where there all whites. By no means, am I saying that there are not blacks who are prejudiced, but if you talk to most of them it stems from our history of race relations and how we were treated. I'm originally from the south, and my mom who is still living btw, has experienced being hosed for walking down a main street in town (going to a store), called the "n" word as a child by a white woman, because my mom's half-white grandmother took her into a public "all whites bathroom", and recalls not being able to walk into the front of a major clothing store because blacks had to enter from the back. My mother is 62 years old. I myself have also experienced being called the "n" word. I feel racism is more passive today than in the past, where it's felt but unspoken and people still try to control resources by creating obstacles. but every now and then, people never fail to show their true colors.
I think the point here is that if everyone were treated fairly, we wouldn't have to worry about this issue. It's sort of the same with harassment, where if someone feels they were harassed, we must accept it. If you haven't walked in someone else's shoes, you shouldn't pretend to know what they have endured. Its very easy to just say that because its 2012, racism is dead, if you have never had simeone actually mistreat you because of race. Try being open with people and find out what's really going on instead of being so quick to judge.
Ending racism starts when conversations like this start with blaming each other and finger pointing, instead of open, honest, and respectful exchanges of communication. If you desire to see things change, that change starts with the man in the mirror.
I wanted to say thank you for your interpretation of the issue at hand. I thought this topic was rude and blatantly offensive to both races. It's racist towards blacks because such comments have been made by bigots of the white race. Which in turn gives the south the name "rednecks"!
Brizzy

Montgomery, AL

#203 Nov 18, 2012
really.. we have those types of sites and things because just not too long ago there was no place for us to do anything..Negro college fund is to help blacks get in school? Remember the Governor and the guns to hold us back from Alabama and other colleges? Is it effecting your paycheck in anyway? Hell no.. We are all Americans but until everyone views it that we.. there needs to be an equal playing field for every race.. Damn. don't cry over spilled milk .. Ask your relatives why they think they are better.. now complain when black try to have a fair shot at being even.. DAMN
Ms Fed Up

United States

#204 Nov 21, 2012
What's the big deal? BPM is needed & I'm glad its available for us. It allows ppl to meet their own kind! White ppl want to control everything but their damn mouth! How about going to hell and see if you can control the heat dial!

Since: Nov 12

United States

#205 Nov 28, 2012
White people can have there own dating site. White people can do whatever they want in America. The fact that we(African Americans) need our own place to connect with other African Americans proves that racism is strong and alive. We have our own channels and dating sites because our struggle seems to be only important to us.

United States

#206 Nov 28, 2012
The fact that you have to call us African American proves that America is racist. Why are whites called American only? Why? Maybe the first slave owner was black who knows? But you can't escape this truth that the white man goal has been to conquer the globe. The white man brought diseases to the natives of America. The white man enslaved native Americans, blacks, Chinese and any other race they could. So if we want to be real the white man is probably one if the most cold blooded races to ever exist. So be careful when you speak about African Americans. If you are white look in the mirror because the reflection you see is the offspring of a killer and thief.

United States

#207 Nov 28, 2012
Once again the words spoken by a white person who do not understand our struggle. Success is a choice, but blacks have more to conquer in America than whites. All white people should be doing good because the system was design for them.

United States

#208 Nov 28, 2012
mentul_autocrat wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning Ma'am, You are so right, What I don't condone is mixing races, Correct me if I'm wrong but the Bible even says it's wrong. Have a great new year.
Actually, no the bible doesn't say it's wrong. If it does, how bout provide a reference. Even Moses was interacially married. I'm sorry, but when he (a hebrew) married zipporah... Yea, he married a black girl. Don't say the bible says something when you don't know. That's worse than the "sin" you think you're condemning. If you have to say, "the bible says that... For sure... I think... Maybe... Certainly... Don't it?" then just don't say anything. It's better to be silent and someone think you're stupid, than open your mouth and prove them right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for old friends (Aug '16) Aug 12 OUR CHILDREN 6
News William Darden, Idice Darden face meth-related ... (Jun '11) Jul 26 Kaleigh Darden 144
Murder Jul '17 Gennann3958 2
Marijuana is dangerous Jul '17 Hooked on the let... 1
Pamela thompson-hyatt arrested Jun '17 Notafan 5
News Missing teen's mom suspects foul play (Sep '12) Jun '17 Trey 3
News Safety First: MDOT participates in 72-hour Road... Jun '17 MDawg 1

Lucedale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lucedale Mortgages