South flighted

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3 Dec 5, 2011
It was actually from the truck scales

Location hidden

#4 Dec 6, 2011
We have a wreck at Hwy 63 N & 98 as I am writing this, one person is trapped in the car. The helicopter can't fly due to weather.

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#5 Dec 6, 2011
One going on now at the widowmaker intersection. (HWY98east/63north). At least three injuries, Southflight cannot fly due to weather in both states.

_N0_N33D_T0_T33L _

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6 Dec 6, 2011
cipsaw wrote:
We have a wreck at Hwy 63 N & 98 as I am writing this, one person is trapped in the car. The helicopter can't fly due to weather.
Know what kind of car or who it might be
KatMD

Ethel, MS

#7 Dec 6, 2011
It was me and my husband. An elderly man pulled out in front of us. Thank God we're okay. The elderly man did not stop at the intersection. I was driving west on 98 with my cruise set on 65 MPH. He pulled across 63 did not look or stop. We spun a good 3 times. We are very shaken up. I CANNOT believe how careless people can be while driving. The elderly man is supposed to be going to Singing River for trauma surgery. Thank you every one that stopped!
KatMD

Ethel, MS

#8 Dec 6, 2011
My car was a Silver Chevrolet Equinox. It did us very good in the wreck and I intend on getting another one or one similar. We are so fortunate. The elderly man's car was a red Jeep Wrangler, rag top. He spun and hit the pole.

_N0_N33D_T0_T33L _

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#9 Dec 6, 2011
KatMD wrote:
It was me and my husband. An elderly man pulled out in front of us. Thank God we're okay. The elderly man did not stop at the intersection. I was driving west on 98 with my cruise set on 65 MPH. He pulled across 63 did not look or stop. We spun a good 3 times. We are very shaken up. I CANNOT believe how careless people can be while driving. The elderly man is supposed to be going to Singing River for trauma surgery. Thank you every one that stopped!
Thank god everbody is ok

Location hidden

#10 Dec 6, 2011
That is just an awful intersection - something needs to be done.
KatMD

Ethel, MS

#11 Dec 7, 2011
_N0_N33D_T0_T33L_ wrote:
<quoted text>Thank god everbody is ok
Yes!!! I'm just dumbfounded that someone wouldn't look or stop at the stop sign. I did the best I could considering the unforseen circumstances.
KatMD

Ethel, MS

#12 Dec 7, 2011
cipsaw wrote:
That is just an awful intersection - something needs to be done.
I am a near perfect driver and it happened to me. I have never had an accident before until this man pulled out in front of us. I will force something to be done. This man does not need to drive anymore.

Location hidden

#13 Dec 7, 2011
KatMD wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a near perfect driver and it happened to me. I have never had an accident before until this man pulled out in front of us. I will force something to be done. This man does not need to drive anymore.
When I approach that area, I slow down and start looking in all directions - we need an over pass there and at Rocky Creek Road. I am thankful you are ok and maybe you will be the one that makes a difference.
anti-alabamafoot ballfan

Poplarville, MS

#14 Dec 7, 2011
KatMD you are correct, something must be done at the intersections on US 98. May I respectfully request that you get people to STOP and look before crossing.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 7, 2011
Tony Holifield of Facebook is trying to get the 'Widowmaker' improved or replaced. Care to join? Wayne Brown was useless as Commissioner as he figured it was driver error so nothing should be done. There are cheap enough ways to force a slowdown at intersections. Why doesn't the Highway Patrol set up stings at these intersections and give out hundreds of tickets or warnings to those who run the signs?

Location hidden

#16 Dec 7, 2011
I see online all of these traffic cams at certain highways all over Mississippi. Wonder what it would take to set one up at Hwy98/63 North and Hwy98/198 East?

Location hidden

#17 Dec 7, 2011
I believe bad road design is responsible for a small part of accidents. I think that you should be able to see at all intersections about a mile either way. The majority, however, either need to be taken off the road or have speed bumps to slow them down. An overpass makes sense but is too expensive for the state. So, really, what are we to do?

Location hidden

#18 Dec 7, 2011
You know, years ago in the 80's people got together and demanded action on old bloody 98. And they got results too. Unfortunately they just created another bloody 98.

Location hidden

#19 Dec 8, 2011
Thursday 6:43am 12/8/2011

A single vehicle accident occurred on 198 east In George County about a mile before Town and Country close to Doug Luce residence. 20 year old male hit a pine tree and is trapped inside with leg pains. Rocky creek VFD and emergency crews on the way. Road is not blocked but caution is required for emergency workers on scene.

Location hidden

#20 Dec 8, 2011
Someone was air lifted from Multi-mart right after this - may have been wreck victim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leonard Dumbdumb 8 hr lickmybrownhole 14
Black teeth Jan 14 Too_Funny 27
Election Nov '16 trump 1
Kim Dailey (May '15) Nov '16 Too_Funny 47
Public showers Sep '16 Lindy 1
Help us lay our friend to rest. Any donation ap... Sep '16 sickANDtired 2
News Sound Off (Jun '09) Sep '16 sickANDtired 15

Lucedale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance