Tri State Pole Yard
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
southernlady2

Hattiesburg, MS

#1 Jul 2, 2012
Does anyone know who the man was that got killed at work this morning? The Tri State Pole Yard was breaking news on WLOX TV about the death of a worker. My thoughts and prayers are with this family!
Doesn't Matter

Flowood, MS

#2 Jul 2, 2012
southernlady2 wrote:
Does anyone know who the man was that got killed at work this morning? The Tri State Pole Yard was breaking news on WLOX TV about the death of a worker. My thoughts and prayers are with this family!
tom's son
CluelessBlu

Picayune, MS

#3 Jul 2, 2012
Thomas Harlan, Age 15. Deepest sympathies to the family and friends. So tragic.

_N0_N33D_T0_T33L _

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 2, 2012
Yes it was Tom's son i talk to Tim Bond he told me

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5 Jul 2, 2012
What a tragedy, this family needs our prayers.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6 Jul 2, 2012
My lord Yes So Tragic .... My heart goes out for anyone who looses a child ,,mhhh mmmm LOrd Keep your loving hands on this family
Little Big Man

Lucedale, MS

#7 Jul 3, 2012
Yes, it is very, very sad about Tom's son being killed in the pole yard accident. We should all pray for that family and the family of the man who was in the crane that hit the young man. They too are mourning for this family, as well as their family member. May God reach down and bring comfort and peace to both families.
The Dude

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Jul 3, 2012
No disrespect here, but how was this kid allowed to work such a job?

Location hidden

#9 Jul 3, 2012
The Dude wrote:
No disrespect here, but how was this kid allowed to work such a job?
When you have a family business things are very different. I feel so very sorry for his family.
The Dude

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Jul 3, 2012
But Federal Dept of Labor regulations state that although 14-15 year olds can work for family business, they cannot perform mining, manufacturing, or other jobs considered dangerous by the office of the Secretary of Labor.

How is a pole yard job consisting of loading and unloading heavy materials not considered dangerous?

Location hidden

#11 Jul 3, 2012
The Dude wrote:
But Federal Dept of Labor regulations state that although 14-15 year olds can work for family business, they cannot perform mining, manufacturing, or other jobs considered dangerous by the office of the Secretary of Labor.
How is a pole yard job consisting of loading and unloading heavy materials not considered dangerous?
I will refrain from a conversation on this, his people have a hard enough burden to deal with. My prayers are with them.
The Dude

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Jul 3, 2012
Their burden is difficult enough that they probably aren't on Topix reading about it.

Hopefully this tragedy will lead to greater safety for others in the future.

Location hidden

#13 Jul 4, 2012
The Dude wrote:
Their burden is difficult enough that they probably aren't on Topix reading about it.
Hopefully this tragedy will lead to greater safety for others in the future.
I have read no where that He was working, The newspaper stated that he was standing. God be with all involved. I also must say that as small as this county is Dude, Someone from the family will either read this or be notified of it.
The Dude

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Jul 4, 2012
The articles I've read have referenced the boy as "a worker" involved in a "workplace accident" that occurred while "poles were being stacked." I dunno, sounds like an on-the-job accident to me.

Anyway, hopefully something positive will come out of this all.

If any family does read this, you have my condolences.
GC Resident

Poplarville, MS

#15 Jul 4, 2012
The Dude wrote:
The articles I've read have referenced the boy as "a worker" involved in a "workplace accident" that occurred while "poles were being stacked." I dunno, sounds like an on-the-job accident to me.
Anyway, hopefully something positive will come out of this all.
If any family does read this, you have my condolences.
Please...just leave this alone...kids work in family businesses all the time...especially in the summer to have spending money.The whole world is a dangerous place...this was a tragic accident, not neglect of a 15 year old boy. Sounds like a pretty decent kid to be working and not running the roads or sitting on his butt playing video games.

_N0_N33D_T0_T33L _

Location hidden

#16 Jul 4, 2012
You are right GC they dont need that kind of comments they need all prayers they can get my mom called in on swap shop and said she would be praying for the family because she knows just what they are going through she lost 3 children 2 sons and a daughter one son at 14 years old

_N0_N33D_T0_T33L _

Location hidden

#17 Jul 4, 2012
Teenager drowns on Chickasawhay in Greene County

STATELINE, MS (WDAM)--

A young Greene County girl drowned Wednesday as she was swimming on the Chickasawhay River.

The Greene County Sheriff's Dept. says Shannon Nicholson, 14, was swimming with friends and relatives at the River Road Bridge in Stateline around 11:30 a.m. when she went under and did not come up.

Her body was found near that location about 1:40 p.m. by divers from Wayne County.

Greene County Sheriff's officials said she was not wearing a life vest.
GC Resident

Poplarville, MS

#18 Jul 4, 2012
_N0_N33D_T0_T33L_ wrote:
You are right GC they dont need that kind of comments they need all prayers they can get my mom called in on swap shop and said she would be praying for the family because she knows just what they are going through she lost 3 children 2 sons and a daughter one son at 14 years old
How sad for your Mom...and your entire family. I lost a grandson in 2008 to an illness,and it was and is the most awful thing in the world.
I just think cruel and heartless speculation on this accident is unnecessary.

_N0_N33D_T0_T33L _

Location hidden

#19 Jul 4, 2012
GC Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad for your Mom...and your entire family. I lost a grandson in 2008 to an illness,and it was and is the most awful thing in the world.
I just think cruel and heartless speculation on this accident is unnecessary.
Things like this is never funny or anything to joke about i know they wasnt making fun or anything like that may God be with the family

Location hidden

#20 Jul 4, 2012
How sad for your mother "33" and you GC Resident, I think that would be the most awful thing that could happen to anyone. My children and grandchildren are the most precious thing on earth to me. This family will never be the same again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leonard Dunnam Tue Pearly blacks 1
Arrons Jul 23 carmen 1
Lucedale Jul 22 just_do_it 2
black-panther-invasion Jul 13 just_do_it 1
Sonic Jul 8 Lnb 2
Building Permit (Jan '11) Jun '16 Ponderosa1969 10
Car cranking Jun '16 Bullhauler 1

Lucedale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance