Supt of education
want to know

Hattiesburg, MS

#1 Sep 12, 2013
Will the Supt be appointed by the board next time? Has anyone heard this rumor?
loud

Lucedale, MS

#2 Sep 12, 2013
How many people have had their children pushed along in the GC school system even if they were not ready for the next grade? I know the motivation behind this...($$$) but I'd just like to get an idea of how many children have been pushed along for money.
Sbm

Byram, MS

#3 Nov 1, 2013
loud wrote:
How many people have had their children pushed along in the GC school system even if they were not ready for the next grade? I know the motivation behind this...($$$) but I'd just like to get an idea of how many children have been pushed along for money.
Yes mam mine was. It's not because your child is not smart it's because there grading system is failing. Let's take LC HATCHER for example: child receives a's on test, class work, and homework, yet they have D's or F's on report card. This makes no sense right? Wrong to them it makes perfect sense because they are being held to stands of the prior cirriculum and the common core standards. I have been told the grading systems don't match. Well ofcourse they don't match, common core is a standard, not a cirriculum. Children are graded on a standard not the cirriculum which defeats the purpose of adopting the common core standards!!!
Sbm

Byram, MS

#4 Nov 1, 2013
Now let's look at LIS and how they calculate grades. And im sure it's district wide, 5% homework,5% class work, and 90% test grades. Which would be fine if the kids had a winning chance. But they don't, 2 grades in the time of a progress report is a 50/50 chance of passing or failing. Seems like a sham to me! Teaching kids responsibility and the basics of learning is great, but trying to punish them and raise test scores is another. Are we teaching our kids or teaching our kids to test.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll George County Sheriff candidates (Mar '15) Jan 9 TheTruth 16
Scoop (May '14) Dec 29 nawuhuh 6
Firing of warden (May '14) Dec 19 get_down_tonight 8
Black teeth (Dec '16) Dec '17 sanbog 28
News Couple expecting baby murdered (Jan '08) Dec '17 Juju 20
New on Facebook~Lucedale For Sale and Wanted (Jun '11) Nov '17 Jane 33
Nephew Missing (Mar '13) Oct '17 the_truth_will_co... 185

Lucedale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance