hold bruce rose accountable for corru...

hold bruce rose accountable for corruption

Posted in the Lucama Forum

#1 Aug 27, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 10:40 AM

Cities must hold ElectriCities accountable

The recent City Council meetings should signal to all that something is very wrong in Wilson when it comes to our electric rates. It is time for City Council to hold ElectriCities accountable for spending and decisions. It is time for all 32 cities to hold them accountable. I hope Wilson will be the leader. ElectriCities needs to make cuts now.

We are paying 2 percent more on electric rates for a big financial mistake that people are paid too much to make. And someone made money off the mistake. But it was not us, the taxpayers.

In October 2003, Mr. Tilton, the CEO, made $328,328 and now he makes $458,000 and the board says he is underpaid. What did he do over five years to yield a $130,000 increase? Clay Norris makes $244,000 now and in 2003 he made $165,000, what did he do to earn an $80,000 increase? Estherine Davis earned $75,000 in 2003 and now makes $135,000, what did she do to earn a $60,000 increase? Is it just me or are these salaries and salary increases excessive?

This money could have been saved for a rainy day like the day we got when we were told of the rate increase. In looking at other executives in similar industries, these are excessive salaries. These are pertinent questions in light of soaring rates, and there is no sign that the board of directors is evaluating and making any cuts to the budget. Harris Plant was off line this month for 10 days. We get power from it. How much will that cost us? Another 2 percent increase this fall just before winter? But instead we hear Mr. Tilton talking about Washington. Our problem is in Raleigh at ElectriCities.

Rocky Mount reported legal bills at $647,000, but I got a letter telling me they were $1.1 million. How will we ever get the correct information in this coverup and fix this place. As a city, we need to demand a full accounting now.

Ricardo Dew

Eaglechase Drive

Wilson, NC

#2 Jul 10, 2014
You perhaps have no idea how messed up the entire system is,this ,quite frankly, is rather pety in the grand scheme of things.but to properly renovate a building it would be smart to start at the foundation or local governments and work our way up to root out corruption, but is that even possible in a society that is dependent upon such criminal activity to keep the machine going.likely not.truth be told crime is part of the foundation of this system. without it,it would indeed crumble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lucama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chi Ladwig Sep '15 wondering 1
marcie vause or marcia markert vause chris vaus... Sep '15 ronnie flagstaff 1
Review: Betina's Jul '15 Somer 1
God is love and is still performing miracles. Jul '15 Denise 1
Debate: Marijuana - Wilson, NC (Sep '10) Jun '15 Righteous Rick 22
What Do You Want To Do? (May '15) May '15 iGreg1974 4
News Strange circumstances surround gold heist on In... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Parden Pard 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lucama Mortgages