Scott Pelley Will Replace Katie Couri...

Scott Pelley Will Replace Katie Couric As CBS Evening News Anchor

There are 6 comments on the WOCL-FM Orlando story from May 3, 2011, titled Scott Pelley Will Replace Katie Couric As CBS Evening News Anchor. In it, WOCL-FM Orlando reports that:

CBS now makes it official. The anchor chair on the CBS Evening News will be filled by 60 Minutes' Scott Pelley according to the CBS News web site.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOCL-FM Orlando.

“...listen....”

Since: Jun 08

...hear that grass growin'?...

#1 May 3, 2011
CBS will finally have a decent anchor. They haven't had one since Uncle Walter 'retired'/was shown the door. Dan Rather was arrogant and tiresome...both attributes of a good reporter, but not necessarily as an anchor. Katie Couric was not going to be successful even before she started because she came from a 'morning' news show, and those are considered to be fluff. Besides, look how "cute and pert" she is. She was not allowed to succeed, but she wasn't what I wanted in that chair, either. IMHO, she just didn't have the gravitas to pull it off.

Bob Schieffer was good. I wonder why he was not chosen. But with the history at CBS, he was probably considered 'too old'...the reason Cronkite left/'retired'/was shown the door. CBS has been pretty touchy about being considered the channel the old folks watch.

I quit watching about half way through Rathers tenure. They should have left Cronkite alone.

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#2 May 3, 2011
I'd love to see the ratings soar now that The Queen is gone.
Otis B Driftwood

Milford, CT

#3 May 4, 2011
Gomer wrote:
I'd love to see the ratings soar now that The Queen is gone.
I thought The Queen was over at CNN. Queen Anderson Cooper.
Merks

Cookeville, TN

#5 Oct 24, 2012
I think cock smelly and queer cooper are like two peas in a pod.

“been here before 2011”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#6 Oct 24, 2012
Otis B Driftwood wrote:
<quoted text>I thought The Queen was over at CNN. Queen Anderson Cooper.
agree
cathy

Cookeville, TN

#7 Jul 23, 2014
they seem to be an odd bunch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lubbock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 11 hr Farts 940
looking for Edna Cantu Garrett (Jun '10) Jul 26 Texasgirl 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 25 fartman 762
Tech cafe Jul 24 Lubbock Guy 3
please help Jul 22 Truth 2
Drake Routier - Darlie Routier's son (Sep '09) Jul 14 ratasa 486
Review: Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting (Jan '15) Jul 13 CaseyJones 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lubbock Mortgages