Boom Boom Cabaret Murder Arrests

Full story: KLBK-TV Lubbock

Three men are in custody Wednesday for the shooting deaths of two workers at the Boom Boom Cabaret.
Comments
21 - 40 of 55 Comments Last updated Aug 2, 2012
saved

Tucumcari, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2007

i used to work in a strip club long time ago and i knew richard,i was shocked when i heard it was him that shot those men.i have learned that everyone in that enviroment is pretty much evil and bad news.i am soooo glad i got out of it and learned about the lord because that could have been me!!!richard was a regular customer and i spoke to him all the time even hung out with him,and he is a cold blooded murder who should pay for what he did!!!as for the other kids they should pay as well,they are not children and knew what the were doin so to hell with all of them!!!one good thing did come out of this one less strip club in lubb to worry about.i do pray for the victoms familys.as for brandon no gill did not need to be shot!he might have been doing bad things but its not our place to shoot anyone.
jane

Tucumcari, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2007

raQuel!grow up,yes your "homeboys"did have something to do with this!they r all loosers that will burn in hell!!!!and to all the victoms familys i am soooo sorry for your loss!!!
citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

my my , this has to be the most pathetic group of people ive ever seen trying to throw their openions out to the public ive ever seen ! first off i agree with one silly point ! some of you need to learn to spell and use the words properly u make yourselfs look very ignorant which in this case doesnt help the publics openion as to the upbringing of these kids , now i dont know who was doing what in a club who was selling what or not , i dont know who scared who into what or if thats even the way it happened , the pointis it DID happen , now look back in time , do we let all of charles mansons followers free after the tate murder because they were TALKED OR SCARED INTO IT ? next turn the tables and let one of your family members have been murdered . would be saying so much for the ones who did it if they were talked into it or scared into it , i think not , and now for the ones saying this person needed to be shot ! well who made you GOD ? i would almost bet that some of you are let me guess catholic ? i believe the last time i read the bible read the same thing for all religions judge not lest you be judged it is not our place to say who is to die and who is not , yes the court system does do this but it a necessety , here is the one thing i will say . this is for the parents who see their children behaving like wild apes , if more of you would take and wear some ass out instead of saying how cute or dont take that shit from him , well maybe our children would learn young there are severe reprocutions for their actions at a younger age , i would much rather take my kids and severly whip some ass now so they learn this lesson now than think they would not know later in life they still think they can do as they want , as for the family of these kids , it is comendable that you stand by your family as any family member should do to a point , but the bottom line is you can only lend spiritual support ! other than that its a litle late to try and take up for them now that should have been guidence through younger years !!
to citizen

Tucumcari, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

get off your high horse!
citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

to citizen wrote:
get off your high horse!
lmao you know what you must be an idiot , its minds like yours that have the country in such a fucked up order , take responsability for your actions , time to grow up and stop pointing fingers your not in kindergarden anymore though your education doesnt seem to have gone much further than that , they are involved no matter what you wanna say so now its up to the courts to say what happens , get over and teach your kids better , i do
to citizen

Artesia, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2007

WHAT'S THIS ABOUT EDUCATION??YOU MAKE ME LAUGH!YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.I WANT TO SEE THOSE KIDS AND RICHARD PAY FOR WHAT THEY DID,I NEVER DEFENDED THEM. WOW YOU ARE FUNNY MR. CITIZEN
Terry

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

A bunch of you need help. The only people that "deserve" to be killed are the murderer(s). Our court system will punish the perpetrators. Those of you who excuse murderers because you're ignorant of their capabilities should consider your own deficiencies and the circles of people that you hang out with.
Too bad ignorance and ill-will toward victims' families can't be punished.
Friend

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

Judged:

You all disgust me quite frankly, the point of the matter is the murderer in this situation would be the one with whom pulled the trigger and let the bullets fly out of the gun and into Gil, and Anthony. Only one person can fire a gun point blank I mean give me a friggin break. Two great people died that night I know this for a fact because I knew them both well, and they are missed. Yes people need to take responsibility for their actions I do agree whole heartedly but that means everyone in the situation including the corrupt police department should be responsible. If they hadn't made Richard Ramirez an informant and a deal on a previous case then he wouldn't have been FREE to PULL THE TRIGGER, and yes there should be consequences to the kids for ROBBERY but not MURDER as they did not pull the trigger. As for the parents of the children well the parent should have abided by the court order and taken the kid to his dads, and the mother being of FULL custody should be thrown in jail for child endangerment, being too drunk to watchout for her teenager, and she should have to serve the same damn sentence that her child gets. You say what you want about Gil but he was a good person and had a good heart, Anthony was funny and brought out the best in people. I think that it would be a shame to see these kids lives taken since they did not pull the trigger. And I can say this to you if someone you knew flew off their rocker and put a gun to your head and told you that you were going to go rob someone or they were going to kill you and you were 16 years old can you really say what you would do>> I am not condoning the actions of these kids and I miss my friends alot sometimes, but should we really let Richard Ramirez take 4 lives out of this mess???? I would and can only hope that we as humans are open to the both sides of the story and know that we honor Gil and Anthony by REMEMBERING the GOOD times.
Friend

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

Boy oh Boy How uneducated are you people. My goodness. You say murderers as if the three people involved all stood there together with each of them having a finger on the trigger pulling it. When in fact Richard Ramirez is the sole shooter whose finger did in fact pull the trigger and murder those people. As for the other two, they were already gone when the trigger was pulled. I agree with you about the parent being responsible especially considering that the mother whom had full custody is a KNOWN DRUNK, who doesn't deserve kids and whom should have stuck to her court order and taken the kid to VISITATION with his father, and mind you didn't care enough about the whereabouts or doings of her child to be letting him be around someone like Richard Ramirez. I believe that she should have to serve every bit of time that her child does because parents are responsible for their children and their actions until the child is 18. But wait we are forgetting something and someone else responsible== you see if our fine police department wouldn't have made a deal with Richard Ramirez-as he has committed and been convicted of aggravated robbery, and drugs before here in lubbock then Richard Ramirez wouldn't have been FREE to murder anyone so I would think that they should be responsible as well. Now I miss Gil and Anthony very much. Gil will always be Gil who was moody at times but he had a good heart and he gave a damn about people. Anthony could make me smile on the worst of days and was a blast to be around, I choose to remember them for the goodtimes. I only hope we as a community don't ruin the kids life because he allowed himself to be at the wrong place at the wrong time around the wrong people. I don't excuse the murder because there was only one whom performed those actions--and I don't excuse the robbery, I just think the kids deserve a chance at life instead of we citizens letting Ramirez take 4 lifes outta this mess.
RAQUEL-MARIE

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

ALL THAT MATTERS NOW IS THAT THE TWO YOUNG BOYS( MY HOMEBOYS) ARE GETTING OUT! I KNOW THIS AS A FACT! THEY'VE TURNED TO GOD! AND TO THE LIL BITCH JANE THAT FEELS LIKE SHE HAS ANY RIGHT TO TALK, GO SUCK A NUT! AND NO THEY ARE NOT LOSERS AND TO THE VICTIMS FAMILYS...THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN WORKIN IN A BAD PLACE! THAT KARMA WILL GET YOU BUT I DO FEEL VERY BAD FOR YALL!
CARMEN

Midland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2008

FOR THOSE WHO SAID THEY DESERVED TO DIE I PRAY FOR YOU. WHO RE WE TO DECIDE WHO LIVES AND DIES, IT COULD HAVE BEEN SOMEONE CLOSE. AND TO THOSE WHO DID THE KILLING YOU MIGHT BE GOOD PEOPLE BUT WHAT YOU DID WAS WRONG YOU DID IT FOR MONEY AND YOU DIDNT HAVE TO KILL THEM. EVERYTHING GO TO JAIL PAY FOR WHAT U DID IF U GAVE YOUR LIFE TO GOD THAT IS GREAT. TO RAQUEL-MARIE WHAT IF IT WAS YOUR FAMILY THAT IT HAPPEN 2. WHO CARES WHERE THEY WORK. GOD BLESS YOU CUZ YOUR MIND IS NOT RIGHT NOONE DESERVES TO BE KILLED LIKE THAT FOR WORKIN AT A TITTY BARR IF THATS THE CASE WE ALL SHOULD B SHOT 4 HAVING SEX B 4 GETTING MARRIED.
RAQUEL-MARIE

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2008

HOE, GET YOUR SHIT STRAIGHT! NEVER DID I SAY THAT THEY DESERVED TO BE KILLED, I SAID THAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION IN YOUR CHOICE OF EMPLOYMENT. ANYONE HAS THE RISK OF DYING, BUT YOU HAVE AN EVEN MORE RISK AT WORKING THERE. AND IT HAS HAPPENED TO ME, YOU KNOW WHAT? WE WEREN'T SUPRISED...AND MY HOMIES DIDNT DO IT LIKE I'VE SAID MANY A TIMES. AS FOR RICHARD, THATS HIS LIFE, NOT MINE!
CARMEN wrote:
FOR THOSE WHO SAID THEY DESERVED TO DIE I PRAY FOR YOU. WHO RE WE TO DECIDE WHO LIVES AND DIES, IT COULD HAVE BEEN SOMEONE CLOSE. AND TO THOSE WHO DID THE KILLING YOU MIGHT BE GOOD PEOPLE BUT WHAT YOU DID WAS WRONG YOU DID IT FOR MONEY AND YOU DIDNT HAVE TO KILL THEM. EVERYTHING GO TO JAIL PAY FOR WHAT U DID IF U GAVE YOUR LIFE TO GOD THAT IS GREAT. TO RAQUEL-MARIE WHAT IF IT WAS YOUR FAMILY THAT IT HAPPEN 2. WHO CARES WHERE THEY WORK. GOD BLESS YOU CUZ YOUR MIND IS NOT RIGHT NOONE DESERVES TO BE KILLED LIKE THAT FOR WORKIN AT A TITTY BARR IF THATS THE CASE WE ALL SHOULD B SHOT 4 HAVING SEX B 4 GETTING MARRIED.
THE OUTSIDER

Rankin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2008

OK, this may be hard for some people to read, because it is in proper english.

I don't know anyone involved. But for these stupid dillweeds to state such idiotic things such as: "I know he/they are innocent"...."he/the y would never do such a thing"...etc...etc....etc .

What moronic imbeciles (hmmm, did I spell that correctly? Go and get a dictionary, if you know what that is....maybe this is a test????)

OK, brainless morons....peace out. WHat ever happened to these dregs of society??? Hopefully they are all dead by now.
rayray806

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2008

i know who joseph is i use to live with his family for about 5 years still today i cant believe he did this but i dont believe he did do it. dame jojo y u had a very good family but i'll still pray for ya
TTU student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Part 1 of 4
Here is some information only a few people know about concerning the case. Christopher was a ward of the state and was forced to stay in the Lubbock Children's shelter because he ran away from home, his mother was AWFUL. He was told by the judge that if he did not graduate by the time he was 18, they would put him in jail. There was a woman working at the shelter who told several other workers that she wanted Chris to fail. He begged the director to let him go to alternative school because if he did he could graduate on time and be able to go into the Marines. The worker knew what his plans were, and told other workers that she would make sure he didn't go because she couldn't stand him because on a previous occassion called her the "B" word. Workers at the shelter, on more than one occasion reported her abuse and violations of rules. It was not known at the time, but this worker had access to the computer and was able to alter reports, and did so frequently, changing reports to show herself as the victim.
TTU student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Part 2 of 4
The day he ran from the shelter, the director and another worker notified him that his case worker would be coming over to discuss an extension and fill out the proper paperwork to file to the court because he wasn't going to graduate by his 18th birthday. This was a LIE. The day the case worker came over, she brought a police officer. Chris knew that this police officer was going to arrest him and send him to amarillo. This was a big deal because Chris didn't want to be separated from his brother. He got scared and ran out the back door. He stayed with a few friends until they told him he had to leave because they would get in trouble for keeping him in their house knowing he was a runaway. His mother's friend, Richard Ramirez, offered Chris a place to stay. The 40 year old + man gave Chris something he didn't have at the time, a place to stay warm. He accepted the offer.
TTU student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

part 3 of 4

The night of the murders, Chris was in the backseat of the car, Joseph was in the front seat. Richard Ramirez exited the car walked up to the club and shot both victims out of nowhere. The third victim ran away, and was chased by Ramirez, he shot her anyways. Chris and Joseph were later arrested when Ramirez blamed them for the murders. It wasn't until the DA notified him that the third victim survived and IDed him as the shooter that he confessed.

There are SEVERAL problems with this case. Chris was not the get-away-driver. While he witnessed the murders, Chris was TERRIFIED! This man knew his mother, his brother, he couldn't just run away, Ramirez had a gun--he thought he had just killed 3 people. What Chris is guilty of, is getting scared and running from the shelter, hes guilty of not coming forward with information he had, but he is NOT guilty of murder.

Imagine it was you, or your own child. Would you expect them to act any different. Ramirez knew the people he killed. Chris had no idea what Ramirez was planning. He thought they were going to the club, but didn't know he planned on robbing then killing them.
TTU student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Part 4 of 4
Here are some things you need to know about Chris:
He was a REALLY good kid, who was dealt a bad hand in life. He kept kids from attacking workers at the shelter, once he actually jumped in front of female worker when a male ran up with his fists clenched. People would assault him in the shelter and he NEVER struck back. He knew what he needed to do to get out of the shelter and get on with his life.
If Chris was SO dangerous, why did the director allow him to babysit her 4 year old, or come over to paint her house. The DA has portrayed him as a dangerous murderer, and that is NOT the case. A worker at the shelter, hated him and did everything in her power to get him kicked out--she even altered documents and changed reports in the computer--I'm sure if they looked, they would see they were changed. He was forced to miss his court hearing because the workers at the shelter refused to take him, they SCREWED UP, and he had to pay for it. It would be raining, and she would tell him to get a trash bag and WALK to school. She was SICK. I wonder how many kids she has done this to? How many kids have had to suffer because the director agrees that records need to be fluffed for the state? I blame the SHELTER for the mess Chris is in. If they would have given him the help he kept BEGGING for, this would NEVER have happened. He wouldn't have been forced to take help from Ramirez. I know someone who was present when Chris was brought in. He was arrested and told he was being charged with Capital Murder. He was devestated, crying, practically hyper-ventilating. He did not committ this crime. The DA should have used the 2 kids to bolster their case against Ramirez. He should have received the death penalty. The DA's office should be ashamed!
Chris was a small guy, 5'6 and 130 pounds, if that. How was he supposed to stand up to Ramirez, a huge man with a gun. Where was he going to go?
goober

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2008

You guys are all pathetic! Everyone keeps trying to correct others about their spelling but they need gramar lessons as well, lol. Freaking Mexicans, go to hell and rot!
goober

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2008

See, I mispelled "Grammar". Did any of you idiots catch that? LOL....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Lubbock Forum right now

Search the Lubbock Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Lubbock man says he was fired for being gay; la... 5 min Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub 207
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 17 min Typical 17,211
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 20 min Typical 21,667
Dog fighting 2 hr Icare 1
trouble martinez Tue curiouscat 1
Gay Texas Foster Children Caretaker Fired For P... Tue passing by 13
Texas Children's Home Fires Employee Just For B... Mon lgbt is silly 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lubbock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••